• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The game is dead threads are dead!

Boxxy_Sweet.jpg

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
If you read my post more closely, your post would be obsolete.

Oh. Silly me..I wont try to come up with something agian when in a hurry. =/

Not to offend by excessive brevity, but yes.

No, not really. The Really Renowned Veteran Clan Players were chillin' to music while playing, cracking jokes at Silly Players Who Wanted To Inspire Teamwork (and who had the silliest idea about asking whether anyone was on the server's advertised TS server), ramboing it out with MGs or MkBs and it was really jolly rotten phun! They even remarked on how they don't care about public server teamwork (and besides, why would anyone actually use the game's VoIP to communicate - there is no need, when you are a Renowned Veteran Clan Player, now is there?). Oh, wait, the server was in fact populated by some odd 50% of clan players - but it was still jus' a pub, and (read my lips) there is no teamwork on pubs!

People use what's been proven to work. If you play COD would you apply the same kind of gameplay like in RO2? No, you wouldn't, because it wouldn't work, you would get smoked. Only an idiot would apply something that doesn't work while the wise person apply what's been proven to work. If the game allows you to gain score by going rambo hipshooting with the MG thats how it is. The gamedesign and game mechanics decides how the game should be played.

In the end of the day RO2's focus is more on gaining skillpoints to earn perks such as less recoil, achievements, unlocks, and the Hero rank, rather than teamwork and slower tactical gameplay, and this is done by playing the game the most efficient way and since the game ALLOWS you to play like that to gain huge scores that's how it is. If you don't like that, you will either have to live with it or stop playing the game, and realize that this isn't the players fault. If you think It's wrong blame TWI.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What.. I tried reading it, I really did, but its impossibul!

Same here... tried reading but it's
impo3_145201.jpg

On a more serious note... I can agree with OP that there is a lack of teamwork on a majority of server...
But then again, the old RO at it's fullest population, was very similar...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
most of the time old school RO1 full servers played out mostly like how it does in RO2. teamwork was rare we just sort of kinda moved in one direction and pushed at targets by some sort of collective will.

Verily. And yet, RO:Ost is elevated to mythical status and its shortcomings are overlooked, while RO:HoS's strengths are downplayed and its shortcomings are exaggerated (not rarely out of proportion).

Upvote 0
Also, RVCPs who use anything but bolt rifles should be pointed at and ridiculed.
Well even though I'm not a clan member I still play rifleman almost exclusively, every kill is even more satisfying.

5+ clan guys stacking a team and using tactics they know work against a team that doesn't is no fault of the game. Just a**hat clan players being a**hats. Clanstackers really annoy me. And besides wouldn't the best way to get better be to play against eachother. Sorry for going kinda off-topic.

Verily. And yet, RO:Ost is elevated to mythical status and its shortcomings are overlooked, while RO:HoS's strengths are downplayed and its shortcomings are exaggerated (not rarely out of proportion).
Maybe because it's the new kid on the block, I dunno. Maybe people are very used to Ost and because HoS is different they subconsiously pick out all the good things of Ost and all the bad things of HoS?

Upvote 0
ROOST short comings are overlooked by and large because it was a product made by a bunch of modders that won a UT design contest and turned it into a full fledged game. Also ROOST's shortcomings are forgiven mainly because Tripwire supported the **** out of that game. They gained street cred for raising their baybee instead of abandoning it as soon as it could crawl.

ROHOS is harshly criticized because Tripwire is no longer a rag tag bunch of modders. They have gotten a toe hold in the big leagues and will be judged like any other major gaming company. ROHOS is the make it or break it for tripwire, they support it like they did with ROOST they will not only survive, but prosper. Tripwire has an opportunity to show the industry how we used to do it in the old school.

For me gameplay is not the issue. it's all about the product support. I've basically got everything I've wanted in a shooter bullet physics, bullet penetration, suppresion, coversystem, blindfire, stamina etc. etc. etc. It's different than good old ROOST, but not so different that I go omgwtf COD/BF cough cough. It's a solid shooter that is in need of polishing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0