• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

All was great, but now...

G1TD34G3D

Aug 29, 2011
The game now refuses to open at all. I recently upgraded my core 2 duo for a i5 2500k and my FPS increased from low 30's to never dipping below the low 50's. That was great and all until out of nowhere the game just kept giving me "ro2.exe has stopped working" at the initial splash screen.

This makes no sense, one hour I'm running the game fine, the next it wont even boot up. I tried reinstalling it to no avail. The only thing i could think of would be my Asus Xonar DG sound card, which has a feature that emulates EAX effects and i know causes some issues with some games, but i have that feature disabled. I tried disabling the card entirely via device manager but same thing happens. No other game seems to have an issue with this card either. I'm at a complete loss as to why this would happen and more than a little disappointed considering the main reason why i spent the money on a upgrade was to play this game at decent frames.