• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SS need some way to handle FP. Buff it or something.

Uh. I neglected something. This is EVEN WORSE for SS. (If not mentioned,I refer to SS equipped with Xbow+Deagle)

When cooperating against FPs, the theory of support and demo is using explosive weapons. This make smokes. The theory of snipers is scoring critical headshots.

Support doesn't fear smoke very much since he know the approximately location of the FP. That's enough for shotguns and frags.

Demo doesn't fear smoke either cause demo weaponary are AOEs. Approximately location is enough.

For SS? Needless to say it is a freckin NIGHTMARE:eek:

Support and demo are in the same group and left SS out. Is that the so-called freckin teamplay?

Or with a small buff like below to courage SSs in helping nuke the FPs?

Hawk Eye(SS): See through explosive smokes and fire screens

Now, I'm hardly a KF expert, but aren't support and demo supposed to be dealing with groups of enemies, or enemies that are too close to the party for the SS, while the SS is supposed to deal large amounts of spike damage to the big fellows from a safe distance?

Basically, if they're in 'nade range, they shouldn't be on your hands anymore, and if you're doing your job right they should be thoroughly weakened by the time shotguns and grenades come into play.

Upvote 0
Now, I'm hardly a KF expert, but aren't support and demo supposed to be dealing with groups of enemies, or enemies that are too close to the party for the SS, while the SS is supposed to deal large amounts of spike damage to the big fellows from a safe distance?

Basically, if they're in 'nade range, they shouldn't be on your hands anymore, and if you're doing your job right they should be thoroughly weakened by the time shotguns and grenades come into play.

Shotguns and grenades cannot come into play if the SS engaged FP and raged it at far distances. That's not called a weaken, that's called pouring gasoline on a fire accident.

Upvote 0
SS can potentially solo a FP with 4 xbow bolts. 1 to rage, one during rage, 2 on the way, I find it slightly easier to do than 10 M14 headshots, but that's assuming a lot of ideal factors and that no one else is around to shoot the FP. This is where your handy-dandy Support and Demo classes come in. Since FP is a pretty big target, it makes sense to use teamwork to kill the bastards. :D SS can take a large chunk of health away. Coordinate with your team!

Upvote 0
Sounds like you want to be able to solo the 'boss' specimen in a full game on the hardest difficulty. Not gonna happen buddy...

My idea is that EVERY heavy shooter(that includes SS support & demo) should be able to do it with T2 or T3 weapons.

Demo can solo it as a piece of cake. Demo is designated to solo it so just forget it.

Support can solo it. However, great technique is demanded to do so, and great ammo cost.

Support 3 frags + HS alt blast +3 frags = 6 men HOE FP instant kill.

The sharpies? Well, 4 bolts is nightmare both at the demand of technique and ammo cost. Plus that sharpie do badly conflict on theory of elimination of FP, they cooperate badly. That's just unfair.

Don't talk about doubledown. 2 sharpies handles FP. Yeah.

2 demos say FP soft as sh1te.
2 support say FP don't need frags.

Even 2 commandos, if both aim their MK17 down to the head,have a probably of nailing it. How about that?!

2 player cooping is making the case very easy to be done, but 2 SS show no upper hand compared to 2 demos/supports. Let alone the population of SS is much fewer than Demo/Support.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Keep in mind we are talking about HoE difficulty here. You shouldnt be able to kill the strongest non-boss specimen alone in a 6 man game, not to mention with only 1 hit and on the hardest difficulty possible - like it used to be.

Yes, atm you CAN solo a fleshpound with Support or Berserker but that doesnt mean other perks should be buffed, if anything it means there should be some nerfing.

If you think perks need to be stronger when playing on Hell on Earth difficulty, then maybe you should change to a lower difficulty setting...

Upvote 0
SS can potentially solo a FP with 4 xbow bolts. 1 to rage, one during rage, 2 on the way, I find it slightly easier to do than 10 M14 headshots, but that's assuming a lot of ideal factors and that no one else is around to shoot the FP. This is where your handy-dandy Support and Demo classes come in. Since FP is a pretty big target, it makes sense to use teamwork to kill the bastards. :D SS can take a large chunk of health away. Coordinate with your team!

Most people forget that it's only 3 bolts + 1 HC shot to actually decap a FP. I know, it's not a kill, but more often than not the FP is dodgeable when it's headless.

Upvote 0
Most people forget that it's only 3 bolts + 1 HC shot to actually decap a FP. I know, it's not a kill, but more often than not the FP is dodgeable when it's headless.

It is not much easier to 4 headshot FP with xbow. Also,if in narrow maps (such as L-shaped corridor in bedlam), headless FP doesn't tell a different story of pounding you to gibs.:(

Upvote 0
It is not much easier to 4 headshot FP with xbow. Also,if in narrow maps (such as L-shaped corridor in bedlam), headless FP doesn't tell a different story of pounding you to gibs.:(

I don't exactly see it being easier to get an extra xbow headshot while it's raging, when you can give the FP a HC headshot before it rages. But to quote what scary has said multiple ties in this thread, what is the rest of your team doing while this is going on? Sitting around with their thumbs up their asses?

Upvote 0
Keep in mind we are talking about HoE difficulty here. You shouldnt be able to kill the strongest non-boss specimen alone in a 6 man game, not to mention with only 1 hit and on the hardest difficulty possible - like it used to be.

Yes, atm you CAN solo a fleshpound with Support or Berserker but that doesnt mean other perks should be buffed, if anything it means there should be some nerfing.

If you think perks need to be stronger when playing on Hell on Earth difficulty, then maybe you should change to a lower difficulty setting...

You misinterpreted me entirely. I'm saying that if anything, everything needs a nerf.

edit: yeah i'm pretty vague trololo

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't exactly see it being easier to get an extra xbow headshot while it's raging, when you can give the FP a HC headshot before it rages. But to quote what scary has said multiple ties in this thread, what is the rest of your team doing while this is going on? Sitting around with their thumbs up their asses?

Hmmmm good to know! Like taking out the scrake with a few handcannon headshots, then hitting it in the face with an xbow?

And yes, that's assuming some weird, worst-case scenario in which you're the only one out of six people that's paying attention. At the very least, someone else is typing "fp" into chat or screaming "holy ****! a fleshpound! omg!" :D

Upvote 0
Hmmmm good to know! Like taking out the scrake with a few handcannon headshots, then hitting it in the face with an xbow?

And yes, that's assuming some weird, worst-case scenario in which you're the only one out of six people that's paying attention. At the very least, someone else is typing "fp" into chat or screaming "holy ****! a fleshpound! omg!" :D

Yeah very true, 6 man HoE Scrakes can get 5 HC headshots before they rage. If you do these 5 it only takes the one bolt to kill them. It's a little different because these are straight up kills and not decaps, but you're very right about it being similar.

Upvote 0
It is funny that people still arguing this.

Oh but first thing first, SS with M14 still manage to kill FPs fairly good, however:

SS is clearly weaker then support and demo in any way. If you count out the "so called bug" which you can one-shot sks with the katana's help, SS only beat those two perks in killing scrakes. No exception considering same skill level.

What do you think its easier? Alt-fire to the body of a HUGH target? Or hitting the head of the target?

It is just plain dumb for a SS to rage fps when support or demo is around him. Plain dumb. You make them not able to use frag AT ALL. This is just stupid. You know what's team-work? Let those who can actually do HUGE damage to rage the fp, THEN you help with one head shot. They die, no exceptions. Even they spam alt-fire, or spam nade with M32, Fp die. Or, a even better thing to do is, shoot those sirens and husks BEHIND the pound.

SS sucks against pounds. You can keep arhues that ss to massive damage, but let me correct you, you can 4 head-shot killing fps, but you ARE NOT doing 1/4 damage to his health. And basically no other perks except may be zerker share the same head health with you (and commando should always focus on small zeds). You are not helping nearly enough.

Then people will start bring u "team works". You know what? ALL 6 people shooting at the same target mindlessly is NOT team work. Helpe each other to kill of other perk's weakness and kill what you are strong against. That's team work.

Some people want to make this game less coordinate-base, just mindlessly shooting, and I believe most of the players out there dont want that to happen.

Oh, and again, please dont rage fps as ss IF support or demo is around. You are just screwing the whole team.

Reactions: Utopia-Phoenix
Upvote 0
It is funny that people still arguing this.

Oh but first thing first, SS with M14 still manage to kill FPs fairly good, however:

SS is clearly weaker then support and demo in any way. If you count out the "so called bug" which you can one-shot sks with the katana's help, SS only beat those two perks in killing scrakes. No exception considering same skill level.

What do you think its easier? Alt-fire to the body of a HUGH target? Or hitting the head of the target?

It is just plain dumb for a SS to rage fps when support or demo is around him. Plain dumb. You make them not able to use frag AT ALL. This is just stupid. You know what's team-work? Let those who can actually do HUGE damage to rage the fp, THEN you help with one head shot. They die, no exceptions. Even they spam alt-fire, or spam nade with M32, Fp die. Or, a even better thing to do is, shoot those sirens and husks BEHIND the pound.

SS sucks against pounds. You can keep arhues that ss to massive damage, but let me correct you, you can 4 head-shot killing fps, but you ARE NOT doing 1/4 damage to his health. And basically no other perks except may be zerker share the same head health with you (and commando should always focus on small zeds). You are not helping nearly enough.

Then people will start bring u "team works". You know what? ALL 6 people shooting at the same target mindlessly is NOT team work. Helpe each other to kill of other perk's weakness and kill what you are strong against. That's team work.

Some people want to make this game less coordinate-base, just mindlessly shooting, and I believe most of the players out there dont want that to happen.

Oh, and again, please dont rage fps as ss IF support or demo is around. You are just screwing the whole team.

Yeah. That's what I exactly want to say. ALL 6 people shooting at the same target mindlessly is NOT team work. Helpe each other to kill of other perk's weakness and kill what you are strong against. That's team work.

That's why demo MUST have the ability to solo FP (or even 2 FPs at the same time) since it is his part of job. You are a loser in your job if you can't do that.

That's why support and SS SHOULD have the ability to solo 1 FP for whatever reason, cause they,and demo,are in the same class known as "Heavy hitter". They act as substitutions of the demo.

Upvote 0
My idea is that EVERY heavy shooter(that includes SS support & demo) should be able to do it with T2 or T3 weapons.

Demo can solo it as a piece of cake. Demo is designated to solo it so just forget it.

Support can solo it. However, great technique is demanded to do so, and great ammo cost.

Support 3 frags + HS alt blast +3 frags = 6 men HOE FP instant kill.

The sharpies? Well, 4 bolts is nightmare both at the demand of technique and ammo cost. Plus that sharpie do badly conflict on theory of elimination of FP, they cooperate badly. That's just unfair.

Don't talk about doubledown. 2 sharpies handles FP. Yeah.

2 demos say FP soft as sh1te.
2 support say FP don't need frags.

Even 2 commandos, if both aim their MK17 down to the head,have a probably of nailing it. How about that?!

2 player cooping is making the case very easy to be done, but 2 SS show no upper hand compared to 2 demos/supports. Let alone the population of SS is much fewer than Demo/Support.

So rather than balancing the other perks you just want to make the sharpshooter overpowered too.

Reactions: Spicy and Pendragon
Upvote 0