• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Favourite map?

Favourite map?

• Barracks

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Station

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Grain Elevator

Votes: 53 21.5%
  • Spartanovka

Votes: 57 23.1%
  • Fallen Fighters

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Apartments

Votes: 23 9.3%
  • Commisar's House

Votes: 16 6.5%
  • Red October Factory

Votes: 36 14.6%
  • Pavlov's House

Votes: 19 7.7%
  • Gumrak

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters
Just had a game on Pavlovs and borderline rage quit!
Played a SL, would smoke toward obj's but theres still too much open ground.
Spawn, if lucky get 5 steps without being sniped.
Then was lucky to get another 5 steps, oh wait, 15 steps, MIRACLE! BAM!
Is an absolute camp/snipe fest yet seems to be the map i end up on most, is hands down the worst map.
I think the problem was/is both teams just full on camp, no one was capping objectives, either side, and whenever i tried to rally a few people we would have a good 20 opponents camping, making it impossible. Were possibly others on other team doing the same but still was just a ****ty stalemate.
Very frustrated right now...cant wait till all these players move on to BF/MW 3

Upvote 0
Just had a game on Pavlovs and borderline rage quit!
Played a SL, would smoke toward obj's but theres still too much open ground.
Spawn, if lucky get 5 steps without being sniped.
Then was lucky to get another 5 steps, oh wait, 15 steps, MIRACLE! BAM!
Is an absolute camp/snipe fest yet seems to be the map i end up on most, is hands down the worst map.
I think the problem was/is both teams just full on camp, no one was capping objectives, either side, and whenever i tried to rally a few people we would have a good 20 opponents camping, making it impossible. Were possibly others on other team doing the same but still was just a ****ty stalemate.
Very frustrated right now...cant wait till all these players move on to BF/MW 3
Sounds more like a bad team than a bad map, in my opinion. Everything you describe here is something you can, and likely will, run into on every map in the game (at least the infantry/CA maps). There will always be people who are less interested in objectives than their k/d and there will always be enemies who try to lock you into your spawn. These things are about player attitudes much more than map design, in my opinion.

Upvote 0
What kills me about Pavlov's when I play Russian is.....I'll defend Zab's against some Axis. Fine. We'll finally clear it out and I'll start looking to move up. We'll cap the next objective....and I'll STILL see Germans moving into Zab's, even though they can't capture it at all. So I'll go to kill them, so they aren't shooting our whole team in the back or at spawn....and by the time I'm done clearing them, the objectives will have shifted back....and MORE Germans start coming to Zab's.

It's like once I start fighting there, I keep finding reasons not to leave.

Upvote 0
they seem to have fudged up grain elevator somthings not right about it love the map my favorite so far but the little rules that plague the map like getting rid of allied reinforcements for no apparent reason. and Germans seem to have way more reinforcements than alles. :rolleyes: (which is hwy you shouldn't get rid of them at the last point.) :confused:

Upvote 0
What kills me about Pavlov's when I play Russian is.....I'll defend Zab's against some Axis. Fine. We'll finally clear it out and I'll start looking to move up. We'll cap the next objective....and I'll STILL see Germans moving into Zab's, even though they can't capture it at all. So I'll go to kill them, so they aren't shooting our whole team in the back or at spawn....and by the time I'm done clearing them, the objectives will have shifted back....and MORE Germans start coming to Zab's.

It's like once I start fighting there, I keep finding reasons not to leave.

How does the objective shifting work in TE, anyway? I've never been real clear on when and why one capture point will go inactive and a new one open up. I just, every now and then, see the force indicator (capture meter, whatever) disappear when I'm defending and see in tactical view that there's a new objective.

Upvote 0
How does the objective shifting work in TE, anyway? I've never been real clear on when and why one capture point will go inactive and a new one open up. I just, every now and then, see the force indicator (capture meter, whatever) disappear when I'm defending and see in tactical view that there's a new objective.
It depends on how the territories are connected, and how the map was built. Basically, if a territory doesn't touch an enemy territory on its border, it can't be captured. It's kind of like Company of Hero's supply line idea (if you ever played that.) You have to have unbroken lines of control to the point you're going to capture, otherwise you're trying to attack across enemy controlled territory.

On maps like Spartanovka, it's very straight-forward. Territories are in a line and you can't "flank" the objective in anyway.

Where it can get confusing is on maps where, like on Pavlov's, there's a territory that connects multiple others. (The 9th of January Square for instance.)

Territory control is a lot like a puzzle, and that's why I like it in some respects. For example, let's say the Axis holds 9th of January Square. That means they can attack Zab's even if they don't (I think I have this right) control the Corner Ruins.

But if the Allies control the 9th of January Square AND the Corner Ruins, the Axis can't attack Zab's without taking either of the two points first.

It's still not always clear to me what's going to happen when X objective changes hands. But that's just time with the maps.

Reactions: Thaelyn
Upvote 0
^Dunno Pavlovs and fallen make up for at least 70% of all the maps i end up finding games on, but then again i only have a handfull of servers to choose from (Aussie)

Sounds more like a bad team than a bad map, in my opinion. Everything you describe here is something you can, and likely will, run into on every map in the game (at least the infantry/CA maps). There will always be people who are less interested in objectives than their k/d and there will always be enemies who try to lock you into your spawn. These things are about player attitudes much more than map design, in my opinion.
Oh yeah i get that, but the map itself leans toward that type of play style more so than others

For the record, just had a match on Commissars House that was an absolute blast, was half the players of the earlier mentioned server tho.
I've always been a sucker for large scale battles but i'm finding more and more smaller player numbers make for better matches in RO2
Maybe because there's that percentage of players that camp hard and they are more interested in having a good 25 players to aim at, therefore avoid the smaller player servers?

Last edited:
Upvote 0