• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heroes / Veterans

Just a small question, been wondering this for a while now.

I don't think we have any "heroes" yet, but some people might have reached veteran status.

So now I'm wondering, does the uniform change? Do you look more ragged? Have you earned any medals? Iron cross and so on?

I have even been spectating for a while to see if the uniforms have changed, but so far I haven't seen any veteran troops.

Is this feature missing, or is it still in the game somewhere?

This is the one thing that makes me want to level up (when the level system works)

I want the Stalingrad look for my squad leader :)

I am a legit vet, nothing has happened to my rank, no glitch, I have earned it lol, Yes you look a bit changed face has a black eye, uniform has some black spots on it. No medals, My next rank is a level 5 Highly Decorated, maybe that's when I get My Iron Cross most likely. There are some different taunts when you kill people, "That's for my Comrade"
"Don't cluster up something about a grenade might be thrown. The list goes on.

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh, yes i also noticed that my hero started to say different things, more of... cheering, morale boosting ones. Like... I think i heard him state that soviets are the best and blahblahblah.

So... A Highly Decorated means rolled up sleeves, opened jacket and uniform blood stains from wounds + dirt.

I expected something more spectacular, but... I can live with it :D

Reactions: AngelsMedic
Upvote 0
I am a legit vet, nothing has happened to my rank, no glitch, I have earned it lol, Yes you look a bit changed face has a black eye, uniform has some black spots on it. No medals, My next rank is a level 5 Highly Decorated, maybe that's when I get My Iron Cross most likely. There are some different taunts when you kill people, "That's for my Comrade"
"Don't cluster up something about a grenade might be thrown. The list goes on.

Spoiler!

Ya I seen this in a clan skirmish other day akillerbee had the hero status as well so its not missing.It gave a cool increased cap bonus too

Upvote 0
Personally, my bugged Honour Level 80 self is able to use both Hero Assault and Hero Commander roles. It definitely does change the outfits and such to other players. Ive had numerous people ask about the different uniform, although I never noticed the rolled up sleeves in first person playing as German Hero Assault class.

Upvote 0
I kinda like the look of Hero skin, but IMHO needs more distinction from non-hero vs hero.

But i do like it, gives it a vietnam kinda look to it

EDIT: Anyone seen the difference in guns though? I really wanna see that!
I swear with Ultra GFX, my bolt looks shiney, i cant imagine how shiney it be with "NEW" status..

TW needs some help with PR, hire me please!i work free! EX, manual, more description of the game overall, etc etc :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Keyser_Söze
Upvote 0
So, I am a bit confused about the Hero business.

Is the Hero Unlocks on the stats page what is available when you receive this in game promotion thing? I thought that was simply allowing you to choose any of the Classes even if they were full.

Another question, is the PPSH available to Axis Assault at some rank? (I figured Hero was a rank, but I am not sure anymore)

I wish there was some guide to all unlocks and ranks available somewhere.. unless I am missing something obvious.

Attachments

• 2011-09-20_00003.jpg
    2011-09-20_00003.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0