• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Has anyone benfited from the AVT-40?

Has anyone benfited from the AVT-40?

• Help

Votes: 78 60.5%
  • Hurt

Votes: 51 39.5%

• Total voters
You are a brain dead moron if you said it hurt you.

It is exactly the same as the SVT except with full auto CAPABILITY.

It is a DIRECT upgrade.

there is no question that you are 100% correct

this isn't a discussion people -- if it's even hurting you a tiny bit you aren't using it right.

at the minimum, it is exactly the same. turn it to semi-auto if you must, but it should never hurt you. you can only be hurting yourself, it has nothing to do with the gun.

Upvote 0
You aren't supposed to hold down the mouse button long at all, to those who have trouble with recoil. Burst firing is very useful with the gun, even being usable at longer distances, and people behind anything but the heaviest cover might as well be standing in the open against this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Probably my favorite auto / semi. Of course, still prefer either Bolt and maybe the PTRSs just for the "GABOOOOM" noise, but anyways.... I like it, lots.

Has huge power that makes it stand above the MKB. At ranges, the MKB is not a one shot weapon often enough - the AVT is. Maybe it's just me, but I find the AVT one hits as often as the SVT (Duh), whereas the MKB feels like a rifle version of the MP40.

I use it auto 90% of the time. I usually stick within 130m anyways, the only time I switch off is for targets that are prone. One tap gives a nice and somewhat accurate two or three round burst that drops whatever it hits instantly on the spot. At about 80m, this gun destroys just about anything and everything IMHO. It's still accurate enough to land two shots of a burst on target at that range, which means even if one of em "vanishes" through the target he still ends up dead.

This gun absolutely DESTROYS on Spartanovka, btw. Often you can catch a bundle of Germans coming at you once you get into the town part, one burst will take out multiple targets if done correctly.

AVT makes ya feel like a man. It's brutal. MKB just makes me feel like a walking pussy unless I put up 275+ points on the board. Sounds weak, easy to use, looks like a stick and is generally boring.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
From the few times I used it, it did alright by me.

Anybody who holds down the trigger and then complains about recoil & shooting the sky are just a bunch of silly goosez.

Either go semi-auto or burst shot full-auto.

I actually find it more effective than the mkb42..... hell the mp40 is more effective than the 42. I was playing Barracks a few nights back and while in a building, three germans came around the corner. I was on full-auto and unloaded from the hip. Two dropped right away while the other guy just stood there holding his guts. I would have finished him off but my clip was empty from that one second unload. Another team mate finished him off while I reloaded.

The only downside is that it needs a larger clip, because in close range combat, it's easy to unload half or more of a clip into an enemy just burst firing, then have enough ammo left to possibly take one other guy out before needing to reload.... which can kinda suck if you have half a dozen guys coming at you.

Upvote 0
It's no MKB-42, but it's still better than nothing. It appears to have very similar accuracy to the SVT-40, if not the same. The addition of full auto is useful in close quarters maps such as Station and Grain Elevator. You just need to shoot it in controlled bursts, and make sure you aim low.

It has the same benefits as the SVT-40 but with an additional fire mode, making the SVT-40 obsolete. I think a nice edition to the Elite Rifleman class would be the Mosin Nagant Carbine. There's really no reason to play the Elite Rifleman class now. It needs something special.

Upvote 0
That thing is a piece of junk, it was crap in real life and crap in the game! Sure you can use single firing with it and it probably shoots a bit faster, or maybe a bit more damage than the SVT? either way it's a gun you want to use fully auto but it runs out of ammo so quickly it doesn't prove to be that useful in CQC. I think this gun would be good in situational moments only but still it's just not a good gun all around, and if you like it it's because you're trying to like it or use it carefully to make it feel better than it actually is, it's not a gun I see people using and that's not just because they're noobs, it's a crappy gun only to be used as a novelty by good players.

Upvote 0