• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I like RO2

I'm having a blast with it too, on the whole. While I have some reservations about certain weapons, I love the atmosphere and the combat in RO2.

Best of all is that the game requires skill and tactics to succeed. Coming from BFBC2 where you frequently have to deal with scrubs running around with Gustavs + Expl Mark II or automatic shotguns, this is very refreshing.

Upvote 0
I personally love it MUCH more than RO1.

/\ This. I've played plenty of crappy games in my day, many of which I looked forward to and counted down for and RO2 doesn't even strike the slightest similarity to any of these games.

It has it's share of bugs right now but once it's all smoothed out, it will become a foundation far better than that of RO and very many amazing things will come out of it. After the next major patch, this game will have probably completely replaced the original RO for me. :D

Upvote 0
Despite the overwhelmingly negative response to RO2 on the forums, I for one think RO2 is a very good game. Some bugs and so on, but I think the game was worth the wait. Keep up the good work Tripwire and don't let the naysayers bring you down.

I don't think it is fair to say there is an overwhelmingly negative response to the game, more so simple choices made by the Devs. The game is without a doubt the best shooter I have played in a long time, but quite honestly I enjoyed the last stages of the Open Beta more since the weapon balance was not FUBAR like it is right now.

I think many of the complainers are like me, they played the beta prior to the STG's arrival, saw how great it was and is pissed by how much the STG has negatively impacted the game. There are some RO1 purists on the forum that hate that this is not an updated RO1 but they are in the minority.

It is a good game, but the Devs have tried to cater to the mainstream players too much without offering an alternative mode for hardcore guys. A simple "hardcore realism" mode which got rid of unlocks and prototype weapons and had more bolt actions would basically have appeased the old fans, while the new guys could have enjoyed their relaxed realism mode. Should not have been such a surprise the long time fans would be so angry by what has happened during the first week of release with the STG debacle, most wanted less automatics and semis, not more of them.

Also some people could literally not play the game originally due to bugs and whatnot so I guess them being pissed about that is not too hard to understand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is a good game, but the Devs have tried to cater to the mainstream players too much without offering an alternative mode for hardcore guys. A simple "hardcore realism" mode which got rid of unlocks and prototype weapons and had more bolt actions would basically have appeased the old fans, while the new guys could have enjoyed their relaxed realism mode. Should not have been such a surprise the long time fans would be so angry by what has happened during the first week of release with the STG debacle, most wanted less automatics and semis, not more of them.

How many realism servers do you see up now, though? I don't know about other people but I'm a big fan of Countdown + realism, however it's hard to find either mode running and nearly impossible to find them running simultaneously. If there was a 'hardcore realism' mode, I doubt any servers would turn it on (though I do wish there was one).

I also love the game. the only negative response i have seen has been from those hardcore RO1 guys that cant cope with change

Or CoD players who saw this on Steam and bought it without knowing much about it. I've gotten into quite a few arguments in servers with them. They care more about unlocks and levelling up than the care about the gameplay itself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One thing people don't get is how ambitious RO2 is. There are so many things in the game that simply aren't done or aren't done much in other shooters. Any ambitious title is going to be bumpier in the beginning.

It's much easier and safer for developers to make games like CoD than it is for them to make games like RO2.

Upvote 0