• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

AT Rifle?

I've killed plenty of tanks from both sides with it, although I think the tanks were already weakened, so I probably wasn't one-shotting them.

Try shooting the Russian tank from the front right where the MG is.

Try the German one from the side in the middle of the cross.

Hitting them in these places will give you a satisfying explosion each time you connect. It will kill them in between 1 and 6 hits. There's also a weak point on - or more likely just below - the tracks of both tanks, somewhere about 2/3 of the way towards the rear of the side: it's much more hit and miss trying to find this, though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've snuck up behind tanks and shot their exposed, thinly-armored rear external gas tanks from under 10m several times. No joy. Rear armor/engine shots ... no joy. Driver visor ... no joy.

There doesn't appear to be any kind of realistic logic to it, unless it has to do with the poor hit recog, meaning, you may have your sight on the gas tank, but the game reads it as having your sight on the turret, etc.

Upvote 0
Can someone throw up a diagram of where the ammo stores and weak points in the tanks are? I love the AT class and I've managed to get a few kills from tank crewman inside the tanks but I've never been able to actually incap a tank and the only time I was able to blow one up was with a satchel.

Upvote 0
In this game it is possible and not that hard if the tanks aimbot doesn't catch you. The one that keeps headshotting people constantly even if they just get exposed for 1 ms. In real life it wasn't that easy I guess, because you couldn't frontal hits couldn't really penetrate the armor unless you hit the same spot many times. And because the ammo is relatively small you had to really know where to shoot to do any damage. Even from sides or rear penetration wasn't absolutely sure. Shooting the crew through hatches could've been possible but hard and if you missed and got caught.. rest in pieces. And getting to flank or rear even, well, think about it. Mostly it was combined arms so infantry followed.

You can always go tanking and look the interior there to see where's everything in the tanks. Immobilizing is more likely then destroying the tank completely. Except T-34 which explodes when you sneeze at home.

Upvote 0
I've killed plenty of T-34s on FallenFighters with it. Just lie in a second story window, which will completely negate the sloped armor. Your shots will go through the sides like it's paper, giving you easy shots at the ammo stores.

This is what annoys me a little. The German AT rifle is really terrible. There is no way in a month of Sundays it is going to penetrate 45mm of armour at any angle.
I am generally an axis player unless the teams are unbalanced and have been a German WWII nerd since I was in the single digits so I'm definitely not biased on the subject.

I've never read any accounts of AT rifles blowing a tank up but have read plenty of accounts of crewmen being killed from shots to the sides of Pz IIIs and PzIVs. Obviously once light tanks and half tracks are in the game AT rifles from both sides might actually score the odd knockout.

Upvote 0
I've blown up a few (Axis and Ally) with 2-3 shots before, but it looks like you have to be perfectly perpendicular with whatever plate you are shooting at to get any penetration. I aim for the side, near the second or third wheel from the front if I want to blow it up; otherwise, I'll shoot at the view ports.

Upvote 0
Can someone throw up a diagram of where the ammo stores and weak points in the tanks are? I love the AT class and I've managed to get a few kills from tank crewman inside the tanks but I've never been able to actually incap a tank and the only time I was able to blow one up was with a satchel.

I've made a post or two asking about this and lurking away just waiting(hoping) for someone to put up a diagram. I've tried shooting all the places people suggest but it just doesnt seem to work for me.

Upvote 0
I've never seen AT rifles destroying tanks in this game, but I've lost plenty of gunners and loaders on the T34 from AT rifle hits to the sides of the turret. That is actually more infuriating than being one-shotted as I'd rather not scuttle my tank but limp back to a resupply point to repair and stock up on crewmen.

Tanks are very well balanced in this game, both for tank combat and combined arms. I like how different the PZ IV is to the T34. The PZ IV dominates the T34 at long range, but once in short range the odds are even. At short range, AT rifles become very lethal to tank crewmen. Once caught in smoke, tanks get owned by Engineers at knife fighting ranges.

A single tank can hold back an entire enemy team, but there are enough ways to take that tank out as to not make it a permanent obstacle. The AT rifle is the safest way to combat tanks, if not by blowing them up but by disabling the crewmen.

Upvote 0
I killed a bunch with the ATR.... sometimes it takes 3-4 hits.... other times I get a lucky shot and insta-kill..... other times I have to use all my rounds.... it depends on your distance to the target and where you're placing your shots.

And while you're waiting for tanks to show up on the battlefield, take out a few troops you see running around.... the ATR is a one-shot kill for troops.

Upvote 0
This is what annoys me a little. The German AT rifle is really terrible. There is no way in a month of Sundays it is going to penetrate 45mm of armour at any angle.
Is it not the same overpowered soviet PTRS with the German captured designation of PzB 784(r)?

I've killed plenty of T-34s on FallenFighters with it. Just lie in a second story window, which will completely negate the sloped armor. Your shots will go through the sides like it's paper, giving you easy shots at the ammo stores.
Even if it did negate the slope the armor thickness (45mm) would still be too thick for the PTRS (35mm @ 0 degrees B-32).

Last edited:
Upvote 0