• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Make t-34 less furosterating to play

Welcome_To_Hell

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2007
Not many people play soviet tanker because it is boring and furosterating.

Every single T-34 experience goes like this:

Shoot at the enemy first.
First return shot goes through the turret and kills the commander.
By the time driver switches to his seat reload next shot comes in and kills the driver.
Third shot comes in and kills the MG gunner climbing towards commanders seat and blows up the tank!

This is driving me nuts! Its so unfair and furosterating. Playing on Axis side as tanker is much easier, T-34 Needs a buff and FAST!

At rife also penetrates the turret every shot from 100+ meters! This "get killed inside the tank" thing is annoying! It makes tanking boring and not fun to play!

The T-34 is just fine once you learn how to use it, and understand the weak spots on the PIV. It seems that your problem above is that you're not making your first shot count, while your enemy is.

The PIV can be blown up in once shot if you hit the ammo. It can also have the same problems that you described if you kill the gunner first (not the commander). Learn how to hit your enemy effectively with the first shot, and you'll start racking up kills.

Likewise, if your commander is killed, you should not try and "stand and die" by having your driver climb up into the commander's seat while the enemy reloads and continues to pump shells into you. You should GET THE HECK OUT OF THERE. You've already lost the initiative, and your enemy is already hitting you. Retreat and try and get the drop on him again. If you fail, ah well, you were going to die anyway.

Tankin' ain't easy.

Reactions: HerrThomas
Upvote 0
Not many people play soviet tanker because it is boring and furosterating.

Every single T-34 experience goes like this:

Shoot at the enemy first.
First return shot goes through the turret and kills the commander.
By the time driver switches to his seat reload next shot comes in and kills the driver.
Third shot comes in and kills the MG gunner climbing towards commanders seat and blows up the tank!

This is driving me nuts! Its so unfair and furosterating. Playing on Axis side as tanker is much easier, T-34 Needs a buff and FAST!

At rife also penetrates the turret every shot from 100+ meters! This "get killed inside the tank" thing is annoying! It makes tanking boring and not fun to play!

I played soviet tanker once on Fallen fighters and i killed 4 axis tanks before my armor got pierced and 2 after, it's not that hard as long as you aim for the correct places and angle your armor properly.

Upvote 0
T-34 needs to be up-armored getting, killed from 1 shot is jut retarded! On both T-34 and PZ4!

But this whole system makes Combined Arms so much less fun! I remember the good old days of Leningrad and Konigsplatz where tanking with teammates was actually fun!

What are the weakspots of the german tank. When i play as german they usually kill my driver or mg, turret is impregnable by the T-34!

I wish they would bring back the WASD turret controls.

Upvote 0
I think the hull is fine on the T-34 when angled effectively it is very hard to penetrate. THe problem is that the front of the turret is the easiest part of the tank to penetrate, even at long distance (and a lot of players know this).

What I've done is not to try and get in a slugmatch with the PzIV, but instead use the mobility to flank the PzIV and tear them up in close quarters.

Aim for the hull MG or drivers port, not only is there a chance to kill those crew members but the hull ammo rack is directly behind them. If you are close enough aim for either the turrets optics (kill the commander) or the coax MG (kill the loader).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What would be good would be to make tank only maps have a limit so theres more allied tanks than axis. This would be historical and also make it so the tanks dont have to be completely balanced and unrealstic.

I think this will come around when they introduce the P-III and the KV-1. Right now the Axis has ALL P-IVGs, which historically wasn't the case. The III will have a tougher time with the T-34

Upvote 0
But this whole system makes Combined Arms so much less fun! I remember the good old days of Leningrad and Konigsplatz where tanking with teammates was actually fun!

You gotta remember, when you tanked in Leningrad you were in a KV fighting PIIIs, in which the KV is an armored God compared to the PIII.

What are the weakspots of the german tank. When i play as german they usually kill my driver or mg, turret is impregnable by the T-34!
As far as I've seen, the PIV's turret can only be penetrated from the rear (Or the coax at insanely close range) , and all that does is kill the commander. The best weak spots are right behind the driver and hull MG, so you gotta flank (Good luck) on either side and aim for the second round thing right under the top portion of the tracks. As long as you're anywhere near 90 degrees, the PIV should instantly explode.

I can see why people are having a hard time with the T34. Most of the combined arms maps we currently have are too small to effectively flank PIVs, plus modules on the T34 get knocked out extremely easily. If I'm in a T34 and I get hit on the turret, if it doesn't kill my gunner, it'll destroy my turret ring or the gun itself. Same thing if I get hit on the flank; I'll either instantly explode or my engine will die. Meanwhile, in a PIV, it's rare my engine even takes a hit, let alone my gunner getting killed, even if I get flanked. Hell, I don't recall a single moment where my PIV's turret ring, nor gun, have ever been destroyed.

Edit- Is the KV even planned? I thought the next Allied "tank" was going to be the T60.

Upvote 0
zIV and tear them up in close quarters.

Aim for the hull MG or drivers port, not only is there a chance to kill those crew members but the hull ammo rack is directly behind them. If you are close enough aim for either the turrets optics (kill the commander) or the coax MG (kill the loader).

In RO1, the ammo was located behind the hull MG's MG port, and the driver's torso area (behind the lower glacis plate). Do you aim lower on the driver's side than the MG's side?

You gotta remember, when you tanked in Leningrad you were in a KV fighting PIIIs, in which the KV is an armored God compared to the PIII.

Just to be pedantic, it was a Panzer IV F1 and Panzer III versus the KV-1s.

T-34/76 Had 100mm SLOPED ARMOR and 76mm Cannon!

45mm sloped armor (effectively 90mm) on the hull (bottom part), and 47mm sloped on the top. The turret mantlet armor was 60mm (I think), without as much of a slope. So it's realistic to get penetration on the turret.

Upvote 0
Exactly! 1 shot from AT-rifle in the front and the crew is gone!

I don't care how realistic it is, first and foremost it has to be fun to play! It is not fun playing the T-34, because it is unfair and unbalanced!

IF we go for 100% Realism. PPSH should have no recoil and have single shot mode! MKB-42's would not yet be issued!

Upvote 0
Playing on Axis side as tanker is much easier, T-34 Needs a buff and FAST!...PZ Shells would bounce off, Germans did not come up with a counter that could penetrate its turret until late 42!
Please read this:

test1jcm.jpg

fourxf.jpg

I agree with this. The AT rifle is overpowered. Please devs tone it down to 35 mm at 100 meters at 0 degrees.

Jorg said:
Yeh buff the T-34 and make it unrealsticly good like in RO1.
No, please don't even joke about that rubbish.:mad:

Edit- Is the KV even planned? I thought the next Allied "tank" was going to be the T60.
T70 actually. And yes a KV would have been a better choice to put in game.

T-34/76 Had 100mm SLOPED ARMOR
Incorrect. The T-34/76 and 85 had 45mm sloped glacis armor.

The turret mantlet armor was 60mm (I think), without as much of a slope. So it's realistic to get penetration on the turret.
Not from an AT rifle though. But a Panzer III with an 50mm L/60 or better could.

Exactly! 1 shot from AT-rifle in the front and the crew is gone! I don't care how realistic it is
This is not realistic. Please someone start an AT rifle overpowered bug thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Please read this:

test1jcm.jpg

fourxf.jpg

100% Realism is not fun! Don't even get me started on these arguments. PZI4 is overpowered and AT-rifles on both sides are overpowered!

If we go that realistic PPSH should fire like this:

PPSh-41 - YouTube

And also should have decent penetration with its 7.62mm cartridges!

And I have shot a semi auto version myself, Its very heavy for its size and this makes the recoil a joke. Kicks about as much as a .22, if not less.

Also good accuracy out to 100 meters. And the real thing has singleshot fire selector!

Upvote 0