• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can we get some info ?

Pretoryan

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 3, 2011
I know you guys are in a hell of a mess right now , with a thousand kiddies screaming around , and qq all over the place.

I was just wondering , if we could get some info , on this particular piece of information ?

- When are stats going to be counted ( for Everybody ) ? I played about 20 games , finishing as top player in ( almost ) each one , my squad leader class has 0 XP , I have Honor lvl 5 , and 7 kills on my MP40 -.-.
In the mean time , my friends are lvling everything , and for some of them , its working fine. This wouldent be so depressing , if it was Same for everybody , but I feel like being bent over , when I cant lvl up my stats , and some other people can. Can we expect a Global reset , or at least a fix soon , cuz I dident mind this in Beta , but now , its making me cry :(

I know that to many of you this is the last thing you are worried bout. But personally , competitive gaming is alot more important to myself , than some of the other bugs. And I`m not asking for TWI to focus on this first , just wondering when will it be adressed as an issue , and hopefully fixed ?

Anyway , just wanned to say that I LOVE the game. I dont mind the current bugs , and I know you are working hard to fix them. Screw the QQers , and keep up the good work !

( P.S. If this was answered in any of the other posts on this topic , please put a link in the reply so I can check it out , thanks.)

Well i can't help you, but i just want to thank you for posting in such a nice way. If everyone would be able to do it in the same style this Forum would be heaven :).

"I know you guys are in a hell of a mess right now , with a thousand kiddies screaming around , and qq all over the place."

That's "nice"? That's a pretty hypocritical stance. It may be kind and forgiving to TWI, but it's absolutely rude and insulting to anyone that has (rightfully) voiced complaints.

If heaven to you is being free to insult people you disagree with, then I have some serious reservations about your faith.

Reactions: Hohenstaufen
Upvote 0
"I know you guys are in a hell of a mess right now , with a thousand kiddies screaming around , and qq all over the place."

That's "nice"? That's a pretty hypocritical stance. It may be kind and forgiving to TWI, but it's absolutely rude and insulting to anyone that has (rightfully) voiced complaints.

If heaven to you is being free to insult people you disagree with, then I have some serious reservations about your faith.

Complaints are not the same as nicely placed critique, and you should have noticed that i commented his representation of his critique not the small first Sentence. Which is a bit hyperbole, but not completly off the mark.

There is a difference between respectfully complaining and taking a dump in someone else living room.

And everyone deserves friendly communcation, but if you start with being not friendly one can not expect an overly warm welcome.

Upvote 0
Complaints are not the same as nicely placed critique, and you should have noticed that i commented his representation of his critique not the small first Sentence. Which is a bit hyperbole, but not completly off the mark.

There is a difference between respectfully complaining and taking a dump in someone else living room.

And everyone deserves friendly communcation, but if you start with being not friendly one can not expect an overly warm welcome.

I don't disagree on the whole. There are a lot of people that are not being polite about their frustration. I simply disagree with the assessment that 'being nice' involves insulting anyone.

I for one, may be critical of the state of the game, but I do know what a nightmare it can be to release a PC game, and I do know that they're working on solutions. That said, I refuse to insult or look down on people that are frustrated that they can't enjoy the product they were looking forward to, and I will absolutely speak up to defend those people from any such foolishness. Especially when there are so many people around here trying to place the blame for all the issues at the feet of customers that just want to play a game they bought and have fun.

How many of these ardent defenders wouldn't be upset if the game they had been so looking forward to didn't work at a level that was enjoyable for them? How many of them in that situation would come in here calm and polite and quietly ask for help? Very few I imagine, but it's very easy to tell everyone else to be nicer to TWI when the game works just fine for you.

I don't necessarily agree with the way everyone chooses to complain, but I do concede they have every right to do so without being insulted and blamed by random people.

Upvote 0
I'm curious too. My stats have not been leveling up, I have kills earned on weapons I have not even used yet, and of course I'm without my day 1 unlocks... Will stats be reset or anything? I'm not mad at tripwire or anything and love the game, but I feel like I got shafted some on my pre-order bonuses, and I don't wanna spew "false advertising" but it kind of was due to circumstances beyond your control.

Would appreciate a stats reset accompanied with day1 unlockables for those of us who purchased dde pre-order. I'm more concerned with TWI working on optimization and bugs but I'd still at least like to see a reply on this matter.

Upvote 0
I don't disagree on the whole. There are a lot of people that are not being polite about their frustration. I simply disagree with the assessment that 'being nice' involves insulting anyone.

I for one, may be critical of the state of the game, but I do know what a nightmare it can be to release a PC game, and I do know that they're working on solutions. That said, I refuse to insult or look down on people that are frustrated that they can't enjoy the product they were looking forward to, and I will absolutely speak up to defend those people from any such foolishness. Especially when there are so many people around here trying to place the blame for all the issues at the feet of customers that just want to play a game they bought and have fun.

How many of these ardent defenders wouldn't be upset if the game they had been so looking forward to didn't work at a level that was enjoyable for them? How many of them in that situation would come in here calm and polite and quietly ask for help? Very few I imagine, but it's very easy to tell everyone else to be nicer to TWI when the game works just fine for you.

I don't necessarily agree with the way everyone chooses to complain, but I do concede they have every right to do so without being insulted and blamed by random people.

The game ain't workin' for me cause i'll getting it delivered next Week (being from Germany one needs to take additonal steps to get it uncut). Perhaps i'm just cooler headed since i stopped getting hyped for release/patch Days a while ago (read years).

And most people complaining in a non friendly way are probably young, even though kiddies is derogatory i don't consider it an insult. Its definitly not nice and not according to the rules of netiquette, but i don't try to lecture people :D. suum cuique.

And yes the game prolly needs "some" refinement. It sucks for people who can't play, i know the feeling after on BF2142 Patch i couldn't play the game anymore, has been resolved after Weeks.
Didn't consider that a reason to explain the problem in an imature way to the DEVs of that game, since it won't help me :).

Being nice usually pays off in the long run. And this Thread began as one of the nicest worded in the General Area. Not perfect i give you that, but above average.

Upvote 0
At this point.. I`d just like to say that I`m hoping for a restart...

This is ridiculous... I`m playing with my friend , day / night , whenever he is playing , I am too.

I have gun level 4 , his is 22 ( tho MP40 takes more kills than Kar98 so its not such a big deal ).
My squad leader Xp is 0.( class lvl 0 ) Even tho I played -All- of my matches as squad leader.
He has lvl 2 class rifleman.
My honor level is 16 , his is 21. Even tho I have better score in each game , just mine decides not to save.

I`m going to make a pool on this , and see what does the community think.

Upvote 0