• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

game not launching

PanzerFocker

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 14, 2011
Alexandria, VA
Hello, I am a long time avid RO Ostfront and DH player, have been for years... however, this is my first time joining a blog dedicated to RO. Anyway, onto my problem. So i bought RO2 around a month ago, didn't purchase the beta since i work and go to school full time and wouldn't be able to play it often. however, i started the pre-load last night, at 4am EST because it was unable to download any other time of the day. Well i see it is done downloading, don't have time to play it, so go to work come back home, and low and behold it needs to defrag and then download punkbuster and direct x 9c... no problem. well then when all is said and done i click on the game in steam.... and what does it doe. shows the cover picture of the game like it is about to load, but then stays that way for around 10 mins. i try again, same thing... then i sign out of steam, sign back on, same thing. so i uninstall it and re-install it, still the same thing. my comp seems to meet all of the specs and the firewalls are on low when i try to play this, any ideas? thanks for your help

Hi, same error with me. Task Manager shows ro.exe loading until 56MB then CPU at 99% freezing nearly the whole system. My specs are too low with an AMD 4000+ Singlecore (2,4 GHZ), 1,5 Gig Ram, and a 7600GT. So it might be a lack of hardware problem while the game is loading. I just hoped to play on 800x600 ;-) with evrything on low.

Upvote 0
to be honest i am not too technologically savy, so how would you suggest cercumnavigating the situation? how do i turn down my specs to be able to run this game? any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

This is so annoying, i am a huge world war two nerd... majored in history. build/paint world war two models, collect world war two uniforms and stuff... and my favorite part is the Russian front. yet i can't play this game! its like putting a stake infront of dog and not letting it eat it! argghhh! lol... sorry

Upvote 0
Hello, I am a long time avid RO Ostfront and DH player, have been for years... however, this is my first time joining a blog dedicated to RO. Anyway, onto my problem. So i bought RO2 around a month ago, didn't purchase the beta since i work and go to school full time and wouldn't be able to play it often. however, i started the pre-load last night, at 4am EST because it was unable to download any other time of the day. Well i see it is done downloading, don't have time to play it, so go to work come back home, and low and behold it needs to defrag and then download punkbuster and direct x 9c... no problem. well then when all is said and done i click on the game in steam.... and what does it doe. shows the cover picture of the game like it is about to load, but then stays that way for around 10 mins. i try again, same thing... then i sign out of steam, sign back on, same thing. so i uninstall it and re-install it, still the same thing. my comp seems to meet all of the specs and the firewalls are on low when i try to play this, any ideas? thanks for your help

Try verifying the games cache. Right click on the game, then click properties, then click verify integrity of game cache. Try this and it should work, if it doesn't I'll try and help as much as I can.

Upvote 0
Anyone ( especially PanzerFocker as other seems to be low end system problem ) with game not launching using Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 ?

KIS 2011 until the version KIS11.0.1.400 included was working with all UE3 based games, the problem started after with the .556 version, all other KIS2011 versions released later had the problem, most UE3 games refuse to launch with it.

If you have KIS2011 installed got to Kapsersky website and update to 2012 version, disabling KIS2011 does not fix the problem , only solution is to uninstal it and upgrade to KIS2012 ( free upgrade if you license is still up )

I'm not sure if this is related to your problems but it doesn't hurt to post this info i believe. :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
thanks for the responses... i will try what you suggested ultrabeatdown. However, since I'm at work (and should probably be working instead of responding to this. lol), and have class tonight, I wont be able to down load it again (uninstalled it this morning) and try what you suggested until at least 11ish EST (that is when i will start download) so i may not be able to post a response until tomorrow sometime as to how it worked. but thank you for your help. if it works, i owe you one.

Upvote 0