• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game Isnt Like ROOST

LOL.
Sorry but it's just not what I meant or said.
Instant sprint-shoot is more like a bug than an actual mechanic that should be in a realistic game.
IRL the guy would just slip and fall if he suddenly stopped sprinting like he does in RO2, without slowing down a bit and take a second to aim.

So there is some mechanic missing, which always prefers the player who is in some stable position, relative to someone doing a twitch shoot? (And also we have upped the time a bit from 1 ms to 1 s. ;) ) This sounds like another mechanic to promote defense and stationary gameplay. Don't you think there are already enough incentives in RO2 to do exactly this?

Upvote 0
Its called nostalgia, and you'll never find a game as good as Ostfront because of it. Feels bad man I know, but that is also why games aren't as fun as they were on the SNES and N64/early PC days. Games will never be as good as when you were younger, because experience makes everyone jaded.

TBH I dont believe it is nostalgia, the things I get nostalgic over are movies/games I haven't seen/played for a long time, and when I do I realize how outdated they are. RO1 is different because I still play it, and it still offers more than other FPS games.

And RO1 did have wounding effects, the leg wounds were temporary, but the rest, getting shot in the arms affected aim, surviving a shot to the head would cause your vision to be blurry till you respawned so on so forth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
U don't like? U don't play. Many other toys around.

Always disappoints me to see responses like this. :(
What arrogance, typical of a fan boy...
If everyone were like you, unable to hear the comments of others and to make proposals, the board would have zero threads and every opportunity to improve the game would be cleared.

Instead, the constructive feedback between different opinions lets developers to refine the game and make it grow and develop better and better...:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Weapon shot out of hand was simply annoying on the other hand I miss falling when shot in the leg or more sway when hit in the arms.

Those things did make the game challenging.
We have a nice cover system now but it is not usefull since you just run towards the objective and camp somehwere without taking damage that made you slow down.

just like the cod kiddies running with smg's all over the place.
I hope we will see some really big maps in the future (and we will).
Where it takes like 5 minutes to get towards the objective and pick off people at long range, 400+ ?

for the rest I enjoyed the beta along with its flaws, but thats why it is beta for god sake and not a candy.

I am looking forward too tomorrow and play the game in all its glory and some cool user created content :IS2:

Upvote 0
Weapon shot out of hand was simply annoying on the other hand I miss falling when shot in the leg or more sway when hit in the arms.

Those things did make the game challenging.
We have a nice cover system now but it is not usefull since you just run towards the objective and camp somehwere without taking damage that made you slow down.

In the span of years that I've played RO1, I think getting hit in the leg made me drop to the ground.... um.... never. (I just slowed down for a few seconds)

And while getting hit in the hands or arm, I never noticed any real increase in sway or lack of accuracy.

Either none of it was very noticable when I played, or I was just damn lucky.

And I believe that's why those things "Missing" in RO2 doesn't really bother me that much

Being able to attach and remove my bayo was never a big thing for me.... as soon as I spawned I always attached it (even though I rarely ever used it).... in RO2, this just saves me the bother of having to remember to attach it. Taking it on or off is purly cosmetic in regards to the actual gameplay.

Upvote 0
I kinda like the bandaging system everyone fusses about its more realistic if you think about it.In RO1 u get shot in the leg and slowed for like 3 secs then magically the pain wound goes away and back to full speed.

In RL unless the bullet hits bone many times people claim to have not even felt it ..until a little bit after.My uncle got shot in the leg in vietnam and he said he didn't know he had been shot until he felt the blood dripping down his leg.Not saying it didn't hurt at all but at the moment of impact and shock he didn't later it hurt.

Already in game I have had to make some tough choices bandaging do I stop the bleeding now or can I make it to cover.Should I stop the bleeding now or finish this dude off shooting at me sometimes I chose wrong and died for it.

In RL if you got hit in an artery if you didn't tie it off you would bleed out fast. Myself I like the tough choices I have to make while bandaging sometimes I get the kill but die for it sometimes I live but miss the kill ...small things like this for me brings a whole new element into the game for me.

Saved many lives every soldier carried these .
army.mil-2007-08-20-152942.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All this yappin' is moot. Why? Mods.

The old adage goes, "Never exchange a certainty with an uncertainty."

Given the state of broken, half-finished, bad-quality mods (black mesa, RnL, Insurgency, Ham&Jam, etc...), I wouldn't exchange my hard earned cash with vague promises that may or may not come to pass.

Besides, by the time some mods eventually come out, RO2 will be in the bargain bin.

Upvote 0