• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Tuning] High latency and Ping after update

DarkHunt3r

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Since the last update, it seems the latency has risen.

Before the update, I would join a server showing a ping of around 40 - 60, this would remain fairly consistent. If the server started to fill up the pings would rise as normal, a full server usually giving me a ping of around 80 - 100 depending on the server.

Since the last update, it has become increasingly hard to find a server under 60 ping, even when empty. once the server gets above 30 players, the pings rocket up, on a plus 30 player server my pings are now always over the 200 mark, tending to be between 280 - 300, which makes the whole experience frustrating, makes the game feel sluggish and slow.

Checking the player screen, it seems everyone is also getting affected the same, speaking to clan mates on TS they are also getting the same issue, so it is not just my machine. Perhaps your polling is set too high.

I will get some screen shots for you and post later, I turned off the steam overlay to see if it helped any, it didn't.

im also having this problem with the pings.
i join a server wich shows some 70 ping and once im in my ping goes up to 150-200 and this is the case for most players on scoreboard.
the numbers are true because when i shot a wall in front of me you can clearly see a delay when the bullet hits.

Upvote 0
We've just tried it on a server with PB disabled, its exactly the same. So if it is punkbuster its TWI's integration thats causing the lag.

The pings seem to fall to bits once you hit >20 players, and the game needs 30 to be good. :(

I second that.
Got exactly same issues and i've also tried playing with PB disabled. On 50-60 ms ping servers in serverbrowser, i get 104-120 ms ping in game.

Upvote 0