• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tanks and Players disappear and reappear

keyframe007

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 9, 2011
Ever since the patch I am having a ton of problems with models disappearing and reappearing on my screen. I am not sure if this is done to increase performance but in a game like this it is unacceptable. I have died to a invisible tank more times than I care to count today. It only appeared when I moved closer to it.

This also happens with player models that are running. I would have someone in my sights in the distance and suddenly they would turn invisible and reappear 5 seconds later further down. I am running the game on high settings on a i7 and nvidia gtx 470.

YES! YES! This has been happening to me ever since the start of the DE Beta, and has been gradually getting worse every patch. It is completely horrible and caused me many-a raging deaths. This "bug" (or at least I expect this is a bug, there is no way you guys would have this in on purpose) is HORRIBLE and NEEDS to be fixed, as my patience is wearing thin, and has been for a lot of people I've talked to in game.

People hiding partially behind cover, behind stairs, or any other relative obstruction will cause people to disappear, and the ranges can vary from the doorway right in front to the house 100m down. It is a collosal kick in the balls to get killed by someone, and have them appear and dissappear right in front of you during the "killed from" camera thing.

I have a GTX 560 Ti, 4GB of RAM, and a 3.2Ghz Quad core.

Upvote 0