Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS News and Announcements > News and Announcements

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.  
  This is the last developer post in this thread.   #1  
Old 12-19-2013, 10:06 PM
VP, Tripwire Int.

Default PC Gamer - Rising Storm v Battlefield 4

Well, here's one we REALLY love. PC Gamer are currently running their series of "2013 in PC Gaming". And this one is a classic for all Red Orchestra/Rising Storm fans - the PC Gamer team discussing Rising Storm vs Battlefield 4 here:

2013 in PC gaming: Rising Storm vs. Battlefield 4 - YouTube

Go take a look, comment, give us a shout-out!
Old 12-20-2013, 12:47 AM

I think rising storm won that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoPigeon View Post
Hetzer - the destroyer of imaginations
Old 12-20-2013, 01:13 AM

Props to Rising Storm and Tripwire teams for creating an awesome one of a kind experience!
Old 12-20-2013, 02:24 AM

Very nice.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:13 AM

By the current state BF4 it is not hard to win that fight.

Not that RO2 was a game that had a good release, but RO2/RS is a very good example how developers and the community can work together to save a game worth saving. This is something EA has yet to learn.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:04 AM

Thanks, this was interesting.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:58 AM

I think there will be one winner- Rising Storm.
As the true,in BF4 you didint play so carefully like in RS and also in RO2.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:39 PM
TWIL Section Admin Staff

Great video !

Maybe a motivation to still improve your awesome game Tripwire, including new features like a first personnal spectator to share our gameplay !

I would be happy to hear that for christmas !

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDumpling View Post
I think there will be one winner- Rising Storm.
As the true,in BF4 you didint play so carefully like in RS and also in RO2.
In any other game you play like that !

"God Forgives... G.F.A don’t !"
Our Website Our Youtube channel
Old 12-20-2013, 09:00 PM

It's nice for the Rising Storm developing team to get some industry recognition for their devotion to the RS 'expansion.'

The unanswered, subliminal question for the RS team in the video is "we love it, what's next"?
Old 12-21-2013, 10:55 AM

i realy like the way they explain it, like you realy feel like achieving something when playing ro 2/rs i realy think so too.

i was a die hard battlefield fan back when it came out and battlefield 2 blew my ****ing mind.

battlefield 3 was just not doing it for me i realy disliked it and stop playing the serieses newer games, but i still play the heck out of the project reality mod for bf2 wich is so amazing.

a good holiday to you tripwire and community, looking forward to the year 2014 with you guys and the stuff you pruduce(tripwire and community)

Old 12-21-2013, 06:32 PM

Very interesting video. Thanks for the share!
Old 12-22-2013, 07:19 PM

Great video, thanks for sharing. My clanmates told me BF4 is way more buggy than RO2 was at launch (17 patches so far and still hearing about important issues like 'unable to join' or 'unable to launch'), and nothing compared to RS of course. It can't be modded, and server admins can't even kick/ban idiots when they have an official server (and official is the only way to get a population because everyone use auto-match). I'm not gonna spend 70 bucks on it. I'll wait for it to be in some humble bundle in a few years XD.

Last edited by -=THOR=-; 12-22-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=THOR=- View Post
Great video, thanks for sharing. My clanmates told me BF4 is way more buggy than RO2 was at launch (17 patches so far and still hearing about important issues like 'unable to join' or 'unable to launch'), and nothing compared to RS of course. It can't be modded, and server admins can't even kick/ban idiots when they have an official server (and official is the only way to get a population because everyone use auto-match). I'm not gonna spend 70 bucks on it. I'll wait for it to be in some humble bundle in a few years XD.
yes, at least they have updates, one million people playing, a community with a lot of features inside the battlelog browser, squad system working inside the game, maps that will last longer, vehicles, advertsiment everywhere, way better customization of your weapon and loadout, the engine of bf4 provides a way better immersion than what we have in ro2, with all those details on the enviorment (destroying walls, moving water, winds moving the dust, etc)

the only thing that ro2 wins against bf4 is the price. And its not from EA (the demon)
and the shooting part I agree that is more fun and realistic inside RO2.

But ro2 is not comparable to bf4. RO2 was almost dead few months behind.
Its have been 2 years now since the release and we didnt get our vehicles yet. a lot of players stopped playing when they realize that Ro1 and DH had more features than the new RO2.
Or most of them didnt felt bothered to buy a new pc to play RO2, because the ro1 and DH are more fun than the ro2

bf4 have so much oxigen pumping. RO2 could get some.

Last edited by kathmandu; 12-23-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:39 PM

Actually this thread is already made impossible!
RO2 cannot be compared to BF4.

sorry.

im a RO2 lover. but i have to admit

off course, one thousand infinit time:

BF4 wins, flawless victory!

i dont know what those 3 wackos are talking about.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:42 PM

Well BF4 and RO2 both faced (BF4 still facing) a not so unfamiliar situation. Both games got most likely released too early. Probably for different reasons but the result was pretty much the same. RO2 faced obviously some hard times but I think its fair to say it got over it. The way how RO2 got over those hard times should be a good example for the people at EA and DICE.

RO2 managed to fix iself by bringing back the beta and both the devs and the community putting their heads together. A lot of people (including me) are not so mad about the fact BF4 was (and still is) messed up but by the sometimes pathetic reactions from EA and DICE. Its pretty ironic when they release a stupid scope for a pistol (really?) and 2 weeks of 50% XP as a sorry. Its even more ironic when the game was and still is far from being fixed.

Old 12-23-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathmandu View Post
yes, at least they have updates, one million people playing, a community with a lot of features inside the battlelog browser, squad system working inside the game, maps that will last longer, vehicles, advertsiment everywhere, way better customization of your weapon and loadout, the engine of bf4 provides a way better immersion than what we have in ro2, with all those details on the enviorment (destroying walls, moving water, winds moving the dust, etc)

the only thing that ro2 wins against bf4 is the price. And its not from EA (the demon)
and the shooting part I agree that is more fun and realistic inside RO2.

But ro2 is not comparable to bf4. RO2 was almost dead few months behind.
Its have been 2 years now since the release and we didnt get our vehicles yet. a lot of players stopped playing when they realize that Ro1 and DH had more features than the new RO2.
Or most of them didnt felt bothered to buy a new pc to play RO2, because the ro1 and DH are more fun than the ro2

bf4 have so much oxigen pumping. RO2 could get some.
Except you fail to say how different RO2 is and why it fills a niche which other games don't, which is why it won't die for a while.

You also fail to see how much the BF series has gotten in fragmenting there playerbase. You can't play DLC maps when they have 5 DLCs($15 each) for every game, and they come out with a new game in the series far quicker. You practically forced into spending more if you want to play with your friends.

And then there is the total lack of modding support, which often gives a breath of life to many games. People were playing HL1 mods for the longest time. People still play battlefield 2 because of mods like Project Reality and Forgotten Hope.

I'd say for having a giganto budget like EA, the BF series is pretty ****ty when compared to what RO2 has gotten to. That being said, RO2 was crap and was released a month or two too early.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:47 PM

I think the two commentators pretty well got it right.

If you want to hop on with couple of friends, load an ATV up with C4, ride up the elevator and shove it out the high rise ontop of the enemy tank below for ****s and giggles.....B4 is great fun. If you enjoy a sense of teamwork among your whole team, battling for every inch of ground.....RO2 is great fun.

Everything about B4 is pure fantasy. Just short of being sci-fi, B4's gameplay is about as unreal as tactical warfare gets. Its (for some) a fun video game.

To each his own. I absolutely abhor the gameplay in BF4. I've tried and tried to get into the spirit of the game, but alas, I cannot.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:38 PM

Been taking a bit of a vacation from RO2 in recent months (grad school applications, and DOTA 2 is so damn addictive). To me, it's miles above the competition--particularly in terms of value! Mod support, dedicated SDK... so much potential, all for a bargain price. Still have to say that a good match on territory in Red Orchestra 2 is the most intense, immersive multiplayer first-person shooter experience I've ever had (especially in Classic).

Flamethrower aside, of course...

Hope to come back to Rising Storm soon... just three applications to go!

Classic forever.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:39 PM

big difference

BF4 = constant updates

RO2 = no serious updates
Old 12-24-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt? View Post
big difference

BF4 = constant updates

RO2 = no serious updates

u know that

BF4= Bigboys with the big Money (Electronic Arts )

RO2=Small Boys with good ideas and less Money