• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The bayonet has ruined my game experience!

Now that Tripwire have given me a bayonet my game is ruined, now all i do is run around like a headless chicken trying to impale people! But the b@*&$%s keep killing me before i get close.. arrrgghhh damn you! :p

I just got out of a match a few minutes ago and after I took out a couple of guys, I got shot by an SMG'r, when a guy on my team shanked the crap out of him, and as my spectate continued, he came up from behind easily to three other russians and shanked each one... t'was a tad cool lol.

Upvote 0
Yesterday on Barracks I killed 3 guys at a stretch... it was amazing until I stabbed the 4th guy... he stared at me and then his smg started to fire...

I was like "WTF!"... Lag or hitboxes?

Revenge kill, as they say. I've had a few times where I had a blackout death, and I forgot that I could shoot a bit before I die. Of course by the time I figure it out, they ran off and I died.

I gotta keep remembering that little nugget, but I never do.

Do you stab with middle mouse key, same as clubbing them?

This doesn't work well for me, my middle mouse button is a scroll wheel, and half the time when I try to mash it, I accidentally scroll to a different weapon. Maybe I can change the key binding.

Yeah I just switched that button over to my numpad 8 & 9.... of course I use the arrows to play (and surrounding buttons)

That's right.... I always have to be the "Different" one don't I? :D

Now I'm off to play some more.

Upvote 0
Been die hard shanker since 2007 in RO1 I remapped mine to right mouse button and iron sights is MM.I never switch weapons using iron sights on MM for some reason I did with the melee.Takes some getting used to but its easy bayo access works great for me.
knifeknivesstab222047l.jpg

Upvote 0
I love my bayo as well. The first round I played with it on, I went out and made sure to get a bayo kill. Overall I feel its a little easier than RO1.

One Question though. What do you guys think about the sprinting melee attack? When you release melee he loses all momentum and stops. For reference in RO1 you kept the same relative move speed as you released melee so if you missed your next follow up attack came pretty quick.

Do you think its more realistic to have your soldier slow down momentarily upon release of melee during a "charge" attack. (sprinting with bayo ready to thrusted)?

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
One Question though. What do you guys think about the sprinting melee attack? When you release melee he loses all momentum and stops. For reference in RO1 you kept the same relative move speed as you released melee so if you missed your next follow up attack came pretty quick.

Two reasons not to implement this:

- It would look wrong. When you bayonet someone, you need your front foot planted at least in order to give yourself a fulcrum to lunge with the bayo. It would look like the character anim was sliding on ice or something.

- With no collision detection between models, you'd run the risk of charging straight through them. A comedy clown-dance fight would ensue.

Upvote 0
Two reasons not to implement this:

- It would look wrong. When you bayonet someone, you need your front foot planted at least in order to give yourself a fulcrum to lunge with the bayo. It would look like the character anim was sliding on ice or something.

- With no collision detection between models, you'd run the risk of charging straight through them. A comedy clown-dance fight would ensue.

This was basically my clan's attempt to have a tension-relieving all-melee battle a few days ago. We would charge at each other, miss-time our attacks, and run right through each other attacking the empty air. Then we'd spend several seconds frantically clipping through each other until the hit detection decided to work.

Please stop clipping through enemies...

Upvote 0