• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What about all the jerks?

Glad to say I had a much better experience last night, what a relief. It was just a 32-person server, but any inane chatter and/or insults seemed to be at a minimum. Players were pretty much content to just play the game.

BigMorgan, if you're reading this thread, can you remind me which server it was? (I saw you inside, racking up kills left and right). It was a Territory only server, all three maps. I'd like to add it to my favorites.. I meant to before I logged but I was really tired, and I forgot. Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have had my share of team-kills. I do my best to not shoot my team, but it happens.

I just love the team-kills where you look at your buddy, then he freaks out and shoots you in the face. Just cause I am pointing my machine gun at you doesn't mean I am going to shoot you :p

LOL, happened to me just last night, I was in the administration hall in Barracks and I was clearing out with my pistol (I was a machine gunner) I saw movement at the end of the hallway on the bottom floor and I went in iron sights with my pistol, as soon as the moving guy went into the light I could see the green helmet and brown uniform and I knew it was a Russian, but I kept my gun up for about 2 extra seconds, then he turned and saw me. I pulled up my machine gun and started walking into the light, he looked at me a good long moment as I came closer, then suddenly pulled up his Pa-Pa-Shah and turned me into Swiss cheese, then he said I spooked him and I just laughed and wrote NP, after a brief question "Did i LOOK like a german?"

I am not really worried about all the jerks in the game though, there are plenty of them but they will eventually get bored and leave. I have great hopes for RO2, it is everything I expected it to be. It may be very far from being perfect, but the potential is just too amazing to pass up. The mods, the maps, and the communities will be more than enough to keep me playing until all servers are down forever :D

Upvote 0
I teamshot at least two people last night :( but luckily they did not die. One of them had to bandage up though. I always feel really bad when it happens. What can I say, these maps are edgy.. Everyone says "identify before every shot" and believe me, Im getting better at it. But it's not like I'm staring across a field at advancing infantry. Its a stairwell, a window.. Down a hallway.

In both cases last night, I see a teammate in front of me go down in a hail of fire.. Enemy is unseen in front of him. So the next person who comes running at me from that direction is the guy who shot him, right? In a split second, here they come, and "bam". It's a teammate. I still can't figure that out.. Unless they are fleeing or something.

You really don't have much time to ID when they open up with an smg at ever turn. But still, I'm being as careful as possible.

Upvote 0
I teamshot at least two people last night :( but luckily they did not die. One of them had to bandage up though. I always feel really bad when it happens. What can I say, these maps are edgy.. Everyone says "identify before every shot" and believe me, Im getting better at it. But it's not like I'm staring across a field at advancing infantry. Its a stairwell, a window.. Down a hallway.

In both cases last night, I see a teammate in front of me go down in a hail of fire.. Enemy is unseen in front of him. So the next person who comes running at me from that direction is the guy who shot him, right? In a split second, here they come, and "bam". It's a teammate. I still can't figure that out.. Unless they are fleeing or something.

You really don't have much time to ID when they open up with an smg at ever turn. But still, I'm being as careful as possible.

Indeed. Don't feel too bad, to quote Stalingrad the Movie: "It happens to everybody". :p

In RO it was (mostly) not a big deal. People say "sorry" and the victim responds with "np" and that's that. It seems it is a ritual that still needs to become common here, especially since the np system is awfully buggy.

By the way if I type "np" in team chat it doesn't even show the "np" on screen, while it does if I type it in full chat. This makes me wonder whether the "np" only has actual effect on one of these types of chat? Since we get no confirmation for forgiving I have no way of knowing.

Upvote 0

It happens to the best of us. An apology should do almost everytime.

Sometimes people go on a rage when I accidentally shoot them, but guys who get that upset by being teamkilled, would probably just be bother off playing without friendly fire.

Upvote 0
Thanks. And yes, I agree, there really should be "np" confirmation. I find myself typing it in both the team channel and main channel just to be sure, but who knows if it is actually doing anything.

Game is super challenging right now. I was worthless in Barracks last night, just getting shot and killed at every turn. But I do a little better in the other maps. Not sure what it is about Barracks that chews me up (shrug)

Upvote 0
Game is super challenging right now. I was worthless in Barracks last night, just getting shot and killed at every turn. But I do a little better in the other maps. Not sure what it is about Barracks that chews me up (shrug)

The lag perhaps? I find it extremely laggy, especially with arty, something I don't experience on the other maps.

Upvote 0
I have found that when I get Tked and I try to type, "np," nothing comes up. I have to type it once or twice more and then it'll appear on the chat screen. Even if I haven't respawned yet. I'm not sure why it doesn't show up, but I'm pretty persistent to get that "np" out there.

I think that some of the problem with TKs is that the uniform colors are softer. In RO, it was pretty darned easy to pick out the brown or grey/green of a uniform, even at a long range. Now it can be pretty tricky. Seeing a player in a half dark room or croutched in the ruins of the factories (at night!), perhaps pointing a gun in your direction will tend to make you fire first and ask questions later. I know I'm guilty of this myself and type "sorry!" as quick as I can and hope that the other player understands my mistake.

Upvote 0
I HATE people who act hostile/aggressive to others. Especially when for all the wrong reasons. In this game I can't keep up with the messages, not even a little. It's all a concert of spam of all kinds of stuff going on. Orders. Several server messages that are spammed thousands of times (never ends) over and over and over. And people typing random things. I simply can't see what hostile stuff they write. A few times I caught someone writing "gay camper" at me. I ignored it and forgot about it as I blew away more of his team mates.

I want to disable the white lower-left messages on the UI - completely. It's garbage and it is distracting.

Upvote 0
Play on TWB , 7th Cav and 10-78 servers . Good clan servers that are usually moderated.

It'll pass soon on the most popular servers.

Been kicking people left and right.

They've invaded the TWB servers as well. Bunch of people talking about CoD and complaining about the defensive team camping :/

Their server was amazing though on first rotation, not sure where all the immature kids came from.

Upvote 0