• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PPSH recoil just right?

+1!

The PPSH's recoil is fine, and yes there are videos of people shooting them full auto. Guess what, those people are experienced shooters, just because it appears that there is no recoil doesn't mean they aren't putting effort into combating recoil. Hell it is possible to shoulder fire an MG-42, but being possible and being easy/effortless are two completely different things.

Yeah because sub machineguns having so much recoil they can do backflips makes sense. It's quite easy to find tons of videos of people of all backgrounds firing an MP40 and not struggling with it.

WWII German soldiers firing MP40 submachine gun - YouTube

Old woman shoots MP40 Machine gun - YouTube

Even an old Lady doesn't struggle too much :)

Upvote 0
I think the PPsh's recoil needs to be dropped a bit, but with these videos, keep in consideration that not all PPshs are actually from Russia. For all we know, the PPsh in Iraq could have been a copy that uses a more modern caliber, or maybe it's using bullets with less grain.

Just some things to think about.

Upvote 0
I'll just mention here that I wasnt implying that the recoil would or would not be fine. I just wanted to bring up that just cos something can be done on a youtube video means that it should be so in-game for your average GI Joe.

I do agree that I have easier time getting kills with MP40 than the PPSh, but I guess drum mag in the future will sorta balance that out too.

Upvote 0
The recoil is right. But as you see the soldier can't shoot on his target instant he has to aim abit to control sway and whatnot, that is missing atm

He was on the trigger the second the weapon was sighted. If anything all that video did was show that the PPSH currently has a little too much recoil. I never had the chance to observe this in game because I have never gone cyclical on SMGs.

-Paas

Upvote 0