• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hit detection blows

I took out my Nagant revolver and shot teammates in the mess kit, canteen, hat, backpack and bayonet frog.

Hitboxes are fantastic. You're likely not hitting them where it will stop them. I've had little trouble hitting targets with my MP-40. Remember it has a low rate of fire and the rounds don't do too much damage, so aim for the center of the body to get a lung, heart or head shot.

Upvote 0
I took out my Nagant revolver and shot teammates in the mess kit, canteen, hat, backpack and bayonet frog.

Hitboxes are fantastic. You're likely not hitting them where it will stop them. I've had little trouble hitting targets with my MP-40. Remember it has a low rate of fire and the rounds don't do too much damage, so aim for the center of the body to get a lung, heart or head shot.

The bad hit detection seems to happen only in close range when targets are moving quickly. But it certainly does happen, If I blare my entire PPSH mag into someone from the him and he does the same with his MP-40 when he runs around a corner and we surprise each other, it shouldn't be that only 3 out of the 60 bullets that flew by landed on target.

Upvote 0
Couldn't agree more. The hit detection is almost as bad as BFBC2. Just had a game where at about 10 metres, I shot at a German firing an MP40 at me twice, both times I had my iron sights on him and somehow he didn't die, unless there is an extra factor I am missing. My ironsights were going all over the place from the supression effects but I still shot when I was aiming at him.

Been having the problem a lot with the revolver too, shooting people in the body from near point blank range only for them to some how not even take a wound and just spray their MP40 at me. One time I even shot a guy in the chest and arm, there were dust hits on his body to show he'd been hit, but he wasn't even wounded.

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's not huge but def there. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Got bum rushed by a guy and shot 10 times into his chest and he ran at me, and he smacked me on the head. I was like WTF! how did you do that. And the guy was like "learn to aim". I looked at the score and was like, um, didn't miss all those other guys, im using a SMG shouldn't miss you at 10 feet using iron sights aimed at you.

Either way, happy I dont suck, un happy theres a bug lol

Reactions: Echo Black
Upvote 0
I could swear I've had this too but it only seems to happen with smgs and even then only at close range. My rifle shots 99 percent of the time do what I expect but there have been times I've pumped an entire pps clip into somebody at point blank without killing. It wasn't clear if the rounds weren't regestering as hits at all or if they simply had very low stopping power. (though I don't think I've ever seen a blood mark when this occurs)

It seems to happen in clumps. You will have several lives in a row where the smg seems to be firing blanks and then it will be fine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, it's not huge but def there. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Got bum rushed by a guy and shot 10 times into his chest and he ran at me, and he smacked me on the head. I was like WTF! how did you do that. And the guy was like "learn to aim". I looked at the score and was like, um, didn't miss all those other guys, im using a SMG shouldn't miss you at 10 feet using iron sights aimed at you.

Either way, happy I dont suck, un happy theres a bug lol

I hate dicks who think they are pro by telling you stuff like "learn to aim" when there was a glitch.

Reactions: rta
Upvote 0
chat is lagging bad too...specially when you kill somebody

That's not lag. That's a deliberate delay so you don't automatically who's killed whom as soon as it happens.

When you take a shot at someone and he disappears behind cover, you don't get to magically know if he's dead or going to pop back out. It preserves the tension while still eventually letting you know who you killed and from how far.

Reactions: Lyndhen and Derpus
Upvote 0