• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game crash when loading server list.

I got this same crash also after the server list had been loading for a while. For me it stop crashing when I but the no empty servers filter on. Tried a couple of times and didn't get a single crash.
I'm just guessing that loading of the huge serverlist causes some kind of memory leak and ends up crashing the game.

Oh forgot my specs.
1055T
6950 2gb
8gb ram

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I joined a server using the Steam Friends List, but I could only take two steps as a Russian rifleman before I got a hard lockup and had to use my tower's reset button.

Same issue here. I was half-expecting this though with my mediocre hardware. Oh well, after a night's rest hopefully we get some good news in the 'morrow.

Upvote 0
Mate of mine does this, fixed my issues, may help others. Don't move the mouse until the server list has updated...watch the top left corner. Once it has stopped updating, select a game and enter.

EDIT: Seems to work most of the time, have founds though, that when you watch the server list update, if the frame rate drops to 0 and it will crash.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
connecting via OPEN as worked for me

go to a ro2 steam group, find a person playing and copy down the IP to the server. Then press

`

type

open 119.17.164.17:7788

^ thats an aussie server

Figured this out a little while ago too. Only problem is how to figure out the server's IP address.

This is what I did. Open up the server browser, hit Quick Refresh so it stops refreshing, Right click on a server you might be interested in, and select copy IP address. At this point, you may want to exit the game, start over, and go directly to console without opening the browser, then typing in the "open 24.69.183.250" or whatever IP number you want to use.

Upvote 0
Nice I'm going to test this. Also I found a solution :

1.You need to have joined a server before.
2.When you click on server browser, you got some filters on the top marked as : friends, local, recently played, etc. If you manage to click on any of these before the game crashes you're safe.
3.Once you're safe. Click on recently played, there you go, you will see the servers that you played on without having to load all the others.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
same **** here, one solution is also to follow a steambuddy
if you have a friend who dosent crash and can play you can follow him via steam into the game directly then it works.
i think this bug is hard to find because it happens not to all players, so far i think it can be a graphics card problem, my buddy has ati 4800 and i have a nvidiacard gt 430 now letz find out if its a gfxcard problem!

Upvote 0