• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

there might be hope in pc gaming

I laugh at the people who think they're part of some intellectual pc gaming minority struggling against the big evil mega corporations who want to destroy the world with consoles and kill all your kittens.

So instead of spreading hate on MW3, BF3, etc. (whether rightfully or not) people should concentrate on spreading word/love of RO2.

Upvote 0
I laugh at the people who think they're part of some intellectual pc gaming minority struggling against the big evil mega corporations who want to destroy the world with consoles and kill all your kittens.

So instead of spreading hate on MW3, BF3, etc. (whether rightfully or not) people should concentrate on spreading word/love of RO2.

Funny that you say that; seeing there has been only RO2 loving posts and not a single 'BF3/CoD and EA/activision suck' post:rolleyes:

Only Faneca slightly hints at that, not enough to conclude we are plannign a crusade (although we are in secrecy planning that:eek:)

Reactions: Reise and Murphy
Upvote 0
What do you mean hope? I don't think PC gaming was in danger ever. There is always this cycle when new console come out and developers/media are investing more time in consoles. But now we are in at the end of the console "peak" and you will see a good amount of great PC game coming out because developers are really starting to get limited by them.

I don't hate people that play only console games, PC games are not for everyone. You need to have a bit of knowledge about PC to make games run well but on console you just put the disk into it and play. Price is also a factor it's a big investment to get a good gaming PC when you are on minimum wage and most gamers are working at low salaries.

I do enjoy console I really like playing a fighting or a racing game with my friend on the couch it's a different experience.

Upvote 0

Negativity towards MW3 will push more people to Ro2 than praise for Ro2 will.... Not that I care or encourage it - I'm just saying that's the way it'll work in this particular case.

But I agree - there is hope for PC gaming... and it starts on September 13th!

Last edited:
Reactions: Apos and fOgGy
Upvote 0
PC gaming is a dying market. Sorry for any hardcore PC players out there, but it is. Sales can attribute to that.

The PC market was never dying, it was just getting ignored.

There are more than 30 million Steam users, but there are not a lot of new PC games for them to be playing, there are only a few, and the rest are shoddy Console ports that you'd rather not be playing on a PC anyway, you might aswell buy hem for a Console where they atleast work as intended.

The so called "death of PC gaming" was entirely a self fulfilling prophecy, developers and publishers jumped to the chance of maximizing their revenue potential by churning out "multi-platform" titles, one game to be sold on 3 platforms equals more money! Hurray!

But ofcourse, PC gamers found them below the quality of PC games they where buying previously (because they where never designed to be PC games), and thus they didn't sell as well on the PC (and the fact that they where never marketed for the PC, but only for the Consoles, didn't help matters). Publishers took note of that, and went "OMG the PC is dying! Must be all thouse damned dirty pirates or something..", and even less effort was put into the PC, and thus, even less money was spent by the PC players.

A platform like the PC will never really die, but you certainly can kill parts of it if you don't give it any good games to play, or even make your games undesireable by plastering horrible DRM all over them.

But the PC gamers haven't gone anywhere, we just aren't buying as many action focused AAA titles on the PC, because they are pretty wank, shoddy Console ports sold at friggen 60 bucks, not worth the money really, and if you still wanted them, then most gamers do own both a PC and a Console, so odds are that most of them will get the Console version of thouse games, because there's a bigger chance the game will actually work on that, you never know with the PC version..

Now however, developers are reaching the limits of what the Xbox360 and PS3 can do, so now they are refocusing on the PC, and that will probably work, but only if they do a good job on the games of course, they kinda need to make good PC games if they want our monies.

Kinda obvious 'innit?

Reactions: kablooie! and Oldih
Upvote 0