• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Any girls here?

The reason girls don't get into shooters as much is because from an early age they are constantly given the idea that they only thing they should do is be thin and wear skimpy stuff to get a good looking cute boyfriend.

Or atleast. Thats what most people say. =) My niece is 10 years old and when she comes to visit me I'm usually playing games. Because of that, shes really interested in games. Even so...She still prefers more relaxed games over this stuff. So who knows why.

Upvote 0
now you're just being ridiculous, how many people do you know that actually have computers in their kitchen ?

- on a sidenote, i've played games for thousands of hours, and many different games, the only game i heard more women than men was my friend's 'Aion' game, perhaps he was farming them i don't know, of all the thousands of people i spoke to on mount and blade warband, mount and musket, AND red orchestra, (including in game microphones), i came accross a total of 1 girl. Unless, of course, there were women with extremely gruff voices, which is also a possibility.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Most of the women/girls that I know that play FPS's don't announce that they are of the fairer sex. It keeps the inappropriate comments/behavior and idiocy down.

very true, i never do in games like MMO's and some casual shooters (like cod) for that very reason, its not rly an issue in RO/ARMA 2 tho, most people are mature and respectful, at least the ones i've met :p

Upvote 0
There's a common misconception that not many girls play online video games. Strange to think that when more than 50% of the worlds population is female.

I do think overall there are less girls playing shooters, but they are not a minority by any standards. I think there are a lot of female players who mask their gender or masquerade as a guy because they do not want to be treated differently to other players, they don't want people to go easy on them, or to give them special treatment or attention. They just want to play the game and not be bothered by people.

In conclusion there are more than you think - do not automatically assume all the players who do not have a girl avatar or show theirself to be a girl by using voice chat are guys. The chances are that that player who has an obscure name, doesn't use a microphone and has a nondescript avatar is just as likely to be a girl than a guy.

Upvote 0
I knew a girl once we met of Return to Castle Wofenstein 7 years ago we got along fine I said "can I add you?" she never contacted me again :(, I do like to think there are lassies on the net but they dont want guys trying to flirt with them in horrible ways :rolleyes: like I stabbed 6 guys with a bayonet in RO without dying "oooh lala Im so sexy marry me...please!" :p

Upvote 0
Imagine that, a 3 page thread about video gaming girls...

I don't know how many I've played with and I don't care

Once played with one on Halo when me and my buddy were wasted...gave her a good harassing *facepalm*

RO isn't marketed to girls. The reason why so many play WoW is that it's accessible, cartoon-like, and fairly deep with customization.

Reactions: tofupunk
Upvote 0