• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Blind-Firing

You seem to not understand my post at all... I'd like to know the extent of the reduced accuracy under certain conditions, not if it actually reduces accuracy upon execution which we already know.

But yeah, thanks anyway.

The thing is, accuracy means you're AIMING, doesn't it? And blind firing by very definition is NOT AIMED, and thus you can not tell what the accuracy is.

So, considering you can't see the target, and considering you're not pointing the weapon at a target, how could you tell how accurate the bullet had been? It hit exactly what it was pointed at.

See how that works?

Upvote 0
Blind fire into short tight hallways is going to be excessively lethal in most cases. I wonder if accuracy is reduced more then just a tad in this case.

I like the danger this preludes though.

Reducing accuracy while blindfiring would make it more deadly with things like Submachine guns. In a game where you die this fast, it'd just make you more likely to get a lucky hit and get kills.

Upvote 0
The thing is, accuracy means you're AIMING, doesn't it? And blind firing by very definition is NOT AIMED, and thus you can not tell what the accuracy is.

So, considering you can't see the target, and considering you're not pointing the weapon at a target, how could you tell how accurate the bullet had been? It hit exactly what it was pointed at.

See how that works?

I think he means recoil and spread, which should be worse while blind firing (and TWI has probably already modeled this in the game).

Upvote 0

See how that works?

You're missing the point. He is asking if the accuracy will be artificially reduced when blind firing.

And if you want to get technical, the bullets flight characteristics would be the same as shooting it shouldered. Just because you are not looking down the sights doesn't mean the gun/bullet flight characteristic changes less.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

See how that works?

You do understand this is a video game at the end of the day. There are always numbers involved and I'm obviously speaking from a game play stand point and essentially the parameters of how this feature has been programmed.

I understand what the definition of blind firing is and the results that entail. Your replies are just ad hominem now and I won't bother explaining myself again.

You're missing the point. He is asking if the accuracy will be artificially reduced when blind firing.

And if you want to get technical, the bullets flight characteristics would be the same in real life.

Thank you.

All I was doing was nurturing the topic for further discussion and just delving a bit into the hard code of said feature, but it turned into something else apparently.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't see the point in artificially reducing the accuracy. Unless it's just radical and bullets fly off with zero prediction (Which would of course be terrible imo) then it would only increase your weapon spread with an SMG, making it much more powerful.

So to make a difference Tripwire would have to go overboard, which would reduce realism, and just generally aggravate players. So my guess is that it's 100% accurate as to where the gun is pointed. (Of course you won't know where it's pointed, hence Blind. :cool:)

Upvote 0
So my guess is that it's 100% accurate as to where the gun is pointed. (Of course you won't know where it's pointed, hence Blind. :cool:)

That still doesn't fit within the ballistic parameters that TW is going for and already implemented.

Even if I'm sticking my gun out blindly, I'm almost sure regardless if I can see or not that my bullets won't fire with "100%" accuracy. It's not always going to go where the muzzle happens to be pointing at.

That would be a direct contradiction to the ballistic system TW is proud to have in there RO games. Ballistics are implemented even when firing blind, I'm almost positive and this will ultimately effect the accuracy in bullet travel, hence where I was going with my earlier posts in this topic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
From my impression, judging from the couple vids that show blind-firing is that there isn't an artificial X gun + Blind-fire = Y accuracy equation going on. That isn't to say that there won't be additional recoil on top of the fact you aren't actually "aiming".

I'm just excited because it is a true first-person cover system. All the FPS games that have a third-person cover system simply become a blind-fire spray fest since you can still see around corners.

Upvote 0
That still doesn't fit within the ballistic parameters that TW is going for and already implemented.

Of course. My meaning was working in the system. 100% accuracy in my context simply meant that the bullet was only affected by that system and nothing else. There wouldn't be an outside factor that clicked 'on' whenever you were blind-firing.

Also, I do suspect the recoil will increase a good bit, only makes sense.

Upvote 0
Of course. My meaning was working in the system. 100% accuracy in my context simply meant that the bullet was only affected by that system and nothing else. There wouldn't be an outside factor that clicked 'on' whenever you were blind-firing.

Also, I do suspect the recoil will increase a good bit, only makes sense.

No worries... we're on the same page. "100%" was kind of deceiving though lol. :)

Upvote 0

And if you want to get technical, the bullets flight characteristics would be the same as shooting it shouldered. Just because you are not looking down the sights doesn't mean the gun/bullet flight characteristic changes less.

No, I am NOT missing the point. Follow me here: Blind firing means putting the gun around or over something and randomly spraying in the general direction of the bad guys. How can you tell how accurate you are being if you are not actually even aiming? Yes, the bullets left the gun in the general direction of the enemy, and because that is how you were aiming it, it was 100% accurate.

What we know is this game does not use fake ballistics like BF where there is a deviation added to the aimed shot to simulate inaccurate fire. In this game the bullet goes where the muzzle is pointing. If you don't know where the muzzle is pointing, you don't know where the bullet will go, and thus have NO ACCURACY AT ALL.

Seriously, how hard is this to understand? You're not aiming so you are not accurate, period. There is no "more or less" accurate. The bullet goes exactly where it is pointed every single time - with blind firing you simply do not know where it was pointed.

Upvote 0