• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ported mg42 from ro

oh did you get this to work on your server without all the hiyokomod assets?

right now i am uploading a zip files of the mgpack assets, redirect uz2's (hopefully i named them correctly this time), source files of just the mg's, and an INI you can use if you have CUstomShopMut installed on your server (to add mg's to trader list)

i took out my serverperks version cause i dont want to upload all the hiyoko stuff. the library internet is way too slow to handle all that.

Upvote 0
Those guns look awesome!

The 30cal is missing the box i think. :eek:

Some of them also look like they are being reloaded while on the floor too.

i added the NDL mg belts to the 30cal and the mg42.
and i still havent tweaked the recoil, spread, and shellspewers yet, because i am trying to figure out how to get the barrel overheat code out of RO to use on the mg42/mg34/30cal.

but this upload is the mg42, mg34, 30cal, dp28, bren, bar, and fg42 (i still have to tweak the animnotifies for the reload on some of the guns cause i timed it wrong).

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20675818/mgpack.7z

Last edited:
Upvote 0
just test this and it is really hot ! though i notice something apart from the recoil, spread, reload thingy and else that you are tweaking.

1. muzzle flash ermm don't know what you call it ... the light that comes out of the gun's barrel when firing ... some guns give out too much that it blinds your screen (eg. mg42...) while some seems to be missing ... to name it, BAR.

2. guns disappear after throwing the nades. need to be fired to reappear. especially for mg42 ...

for the tweaking, i suggest that firing speed should be reduced. even though it might not be lore friendly but for gameplay, it should be.

one last thing, if kf's hand can be used, it will be the superb !

Upvote 0
Allright, made it cheap and recompiled. I couldnt resist lol.

Exellent work. But its not server ready just yet hehe. Heres a few pointers :

- The larger weapons just need to be scaled and closer to the end of the barrel. Its no use seeing all that detail. Looks like your holding the gun at the end of it balancing with one hand

- Some muzzle flashes need straightened.

- Sounds need to be louder. Get the umpf - factor lol

- Im not bothered by the hands. Each there own

- Some reload animations need to be faster.

All and All...fantastic job in such short notice. Oh and you mind also showing us the commieguns mut? :) Are they unique weapons? Or modified vanilla ones?

Upvote 0
here's what i noticed so far ... i will not mention that stats thing since you are tweaking it ...

MG42 - everything seems fine for this except one thing. when you toss nades, the gun disappeared and reappeared when start firing again.

DP28 - have the same issue with MG42, everything else seems to be ok.

MG34 - the most perfect gun in the pack i would say ...

BROWNING -
1. gun disappear after nades, reappear after firing
2. tps model is very SMALL ( a toy gun in a man hand)
3. When you drop a gun then pick it up, it creates muzzle flash at the pickup location and from gun barrel for FPS view, creates only at the pickup location not from the barrel in TPS view

FG42 -
2. model (both fps and tps view) is very SMALL
3. When you drop a gun then pick it up, it creates muzzle flash at the pickup location and from gun barrel for FPS view, creates only at the pickup location not from the barrel in TPS view
4. no nade animation in tps view

BAR -
1. no nade animation in tps view
3. weird behavior of muzzle flash
4. When you drop a gun then pick it up again, it creates muzzle flash only at the pickup location not from the barrel in both fps and tps view

BREN -
3. weird behavior of muzzle flash
4. When you drop a gun then pick it up, it creates muzzle flash at the pickup location and from gun barrel for FPS view, creates only at the pickup location not from the barrel in TPS view
5. no nade animation in tps view

just state the obvious point that i notice .. anyway, nice pack i would say

Last edited:
Upvote 0
thank you guys VERY much for testting this out and saying what needs fixing so far.

-i have no clue why the muzzleflashes are weird, maybe someone who knows coding can take a quick look at the source code and tell me.

-i THINK i can adjust the tps guns by adding drawscale=(number), but i have no way of seeing other ppl holding the guns, to tell if i did it right, because i dont have internet at home (when i go to library i can see) besides free nocharge dialup. i can go to thirdperson by myself and kinda see it though, so i'll try that as reference.

i am not sure why the anims disappear, but i have seen it...
also, the semiauto mode on the mg34 if messed up, but i am ttrying to fix that.

-which reload animations need to be faster? i was trying to make cons for using mg's, but maybe i over-compensated.

-i dont know why nade animations are going wonky, but i havent even tested throwing nade with these weapons, i didnt think of that.

what do you guys think of the spread/recoil/damage in that last updated post?
should i adjust those?
i was trying to make pros/cons for each weapon, like low ammo/recoil/high damage, or high ammo/low recoil, low damage, etc...

what else should i adjust/try to fix?

@hemi - lol, how the fack do you know about the commieguns? anyways, that "secret" weaponpack is a super big download, cause of all the new textures/models/sounds/etc ripped from other games, so there will never be a public release of that due to possible copyright tarfu (2nd level of fu, 1=snafu [situation normal, all facked up] 2=tarfu [things are really facked up] 3=fubar [facked up beyond all recognition] lol, enough of the SeCom speak, back to topic). so we only use it for rare events on bwh servers.

Upvote 0
you can see the TPS model by changing to TPS view. normally it is bind to F4 and you can't use this in whitelisted server, only modded or solo i think.

reload animation is ok as it is. if it is faster than this, it will be affecting the gameplay ...

i think more recoil should be add for the mgs, the current one can be hip-fire which is a little bit too convenience. i don't sure about this but maybe you can make it knock you off the target if you walk when firing but steadier when standstill, i think flamethrower do something like this ...

about the muzzle flashes, i try to fix it myself but it is out of my league as a noob coder =,= i manage to fix one but it brokes the others =,=

about the damage, it shouldn't be too high but instead put some heavy penetration will do it. since you have many mgs there. you can make some to be moderate damage, high penetration or higher damage, lower penetration

about the commie guns... it is right there in the custom shop menu list ... :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
do you think the prices are still too high?
what should i put them at?

yeah i'll add penetration, if i can figure out how (deagle code maybe)
how did you fix the muzzleflash? (where it spawns the mflash where you are shooting location and keeps it there for some reason)

also, if anyone knows how, how do i call functions from another file if it isnt in the same extends "tree"? postbeginplay? #exec obj load?

Upvote 0