• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is it still possible to unlock Steampunk Mr.Foster?

Quadruplesword

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2009
United States
Or will I have to wait until the Summer Sideshow event rolls around again, IF it ever rolls around again? I have 8 out of the 13 Summer Sideshow achievements, but just one quick question: does unlocking steampunk Mr.Foster require that you unlock all 13 of the Sideshow achievements (which is impossible at this point), or just enough for the "Punk'd" achievement? If the latter is the case, then I could have a chance at unlocking him, assuming the AbusementPark achievements count as sideshow achievements.

I think the map achievments are not counted towards the 10 oft he 13, could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they do not

Yeah, I've asked around a bit and can't get a definite answer. Hopefully a TWI representative can tell me directly whether or not the map achievements count. I'm hoping they do, because I really don't want to have to wait a year or be screwed out of the steampunk Mr.Foster skin entirely.

Upvote 0
Or will I have to wait until the Summer Sideshow event rolls around again, IF it ever rolls around again? I have 8 out of the 13 Summer Sideshow achievements, but just one quick question: does unlocking steampunk Mr.Foster require that you unlock all 13 of the Sideshow achievements (which is impossible at this point), or just enough for the "Punk'd" achievement? If the latter is the case, then I could have a chance at unlocking him, assuming the AbusementPark achievements count as sideshow achievements.

Nope, it's over now.
But if it can make you feel any better, I've unlocked it :p

Upvote 0
From your guys' replies, it looks like steampunk Mr.Foster is impossible to unlock at this point. Ah well, it's not a big deal.

Bah, this guy is right anyway:
I've unlocked it but I never use it because everyone and their mom does.

I remember a server where we were 4 steampunk Foster.
I wish we could see other players skin before beginning the game BTW.

Upvote 0
if you see the last achievement it says.

Punk'd
Unlock 10 of the 13 Circus Achievements along with any Abusement Park achievement.

so yes the maps achievements counts

Summer Sideshow map achievements

Normal difficulty

Flea Circus
Win a Long Game on Abusement Park on Normal Difficulty.

Hard difficulty

Dog and Pony Show
Win a Long Game on Abusement Park on Hard Difficulty.

Suicidal difficulty

3 Ring Circus
Win a Long Game on Abusement Park on Suicidal Difficulty.

Hell on Earth difficulty

On Top of the Big Top
Win a Long Game on Abusement Park on Hell on Earth Difficulty.

Summer Sideshow Achievements

Ringmaster
Kill the "Ring Leader" (Circus Patriarch).

Sparing with a Master
Kill a Circus Gorefast with a Melee Weapon.

Assistant Homicide
Kill 2 Circus Stalkers with a Melee weapon to the back in one wave.

Seeing Double
Kill 5 Circus Crawlers with a Bullpup in one wave.

Clearing Clown Alley
Kill 5 Circus Bloats in one game.

The Big Hunt
Kill a Circus Scrake with a Crossbow.

Lifting a Dumbell
Kill a Circus Husk with a LAW.

Small Hands
Kill 3 Circus Clots in a wave with the Lever Action Rifle.

Elephant Gun
Land the killing blow on a Circus Fleshpound with a Pistol

Juggling Act
Drop 5 different Tier 2 weapons in one wave.

Windjammer Enthusiast
Survive 10 seconds after being screamed at by a Circus Siren on Hard or above.

Taking Down the Big Top
Kill 4 Circus Zeds in 1 ZED time chain with a Melee weapon.

Burning up the Midway
Kill 10 Circus Clots with a Fire-based weapon.

Punk'd
Unlock 10 of the 13 Circus Achievements along with any Abusement Park achievement.

Upvote 0
@Blockbot

@Blockbot

Map achievements aren't cumulative. I'm fairly certain that Steampunk Foster is only unlockable during the Summer event (which has ended). All the Summer specimens are gone now, so none of the non-map achievements are attainable.

The only way I could see someone unlocking Foster now is if they already had the 10 achievements and then completed their first map achievement today.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
I wish we could see other players skin before beginning the game BTW.

You can, ask them a question or interact with them, and the portrait that pops up on the left hand side is the skin they use.

Not exactly what you want, i know, but it works well enough and it's all you've got until something better comes along. :)

Reactions: The Algerian
Upvote 0
You can, ask them a question or interact with them, and the portrait that pops up on the left hand side is the skin they use.

Not exactly what you want, i know, but it works well enough and it's all you've got until something better comes along. :)

It works only when the game already begun, in the lobby the portrait doesn't display, or does it, I'm gonna check it out right now.

EDIT: Nope, you were right :)
It does work, I never paid attention before^^
Thanks mate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0