• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Release Date delayed 2 weeks to 13 Sep 2011

The G4TV review is found somewhere between hilariously funny, and so frustrating that you SERIOUSLY LITERALLY want to end those reviewers ACTUAL lives. Like, you will CONSIDER MURDER as you watch this video, or read the article.

Oh and, if google is too much of a chore, you can find both the written review and the video here: [url]http://www.g4tv.com/games/pc/34809/red-orchestra-ostfront-41-45/review/[/URL]

Upvote 0
I'm also happy with the mild resurgence of RO: Ostfront on steam, in terms of server action online. Things had gotten pretty quiet, naturally (the game has been out for 5 years) but lately has really picked up again, and I've been having a blast playing it. So I actually see this as two more weeks to keep enjoying RO before Heroes takes us all by storm ;)

^^^ so true! I actually re-setup my dedicated server last night (had to take it down because I wanted to install my favourite mutator but can't find it anywhere :( ).

Anyway, I'll have a vanilla (or if I can find it Arty and Round-timer mutator installed) server running tonight. I was one of the very few Canadian servers running years ago.....who knows by now I might be the only one!

See you all on the battlefield..... :cool:

Upvote 0
^^^ so true! I actually re-setup my dedicated server last night (had to take it down because I wanted to install my favourite mutator but can't find it anywhere :( ).

Anyway, I'll have a vanilla (or if I can find it Arty and Round-timer mutator installed) server running tonight. I was one of the very few Canadian servers running years ago.....who knows by now I might be the only one!

See you all on the battlefield..... :cool:

That's awesome that you've got your server up again. Can you tell me what mutator means (or round-timer mutator)? I've played on a few different servers, but didn't always understand the difference between them or the terminology.

Lately I enjoyed a server called "Old Farts" (lol) because people are pretty friendly there and there were some really cool new maps I had never played before. I love seeing new maps when they are done well.

Upvote 0
That's awesome that you've got your server up again. Can you tell me what mutator means (or round-timer mutator)? I've played on a few different servers, but didn't always understand the difference between them or the terminology.

Lately I enjoyed a server called "Old Farts" (lol) because people are pretty friendly there and there were some really cool new maps I had never played before. I love seeing new maps when they are done well.

Indeed, the "Old Farts" server has some good custom maps. Been playing on there quite a bit, but also on good ol' Maj Viper's Danzig Hello Hole. Just can't seem to get enough of that map!

If there is room on the Wildbunch Server, I jump on there to mix up the maps.

Upvote 0
Here,old R.O. Os. review,but applies to current game industry.

[url]http://www.g4tv.com/games/pc/34809/red-orchestra-ostfront-41-45/review/[/URL]

See us around.
Ok, I'm no RO fanboy who thinks the game was perfect and represents all the hopes and dreams of the gaming industry. It was a fun game, I liked it, and I am watching to see if the second game is any good (still a toss up between it and BF3)

This review was utter dog **** and the man should find a new career.

Upvote 0
The G4TV review is found somewhere between hilariously funny, and so frustrating that you SERIOUSLY LITERALLY want to end those reviewers ACTUAL lives. Like, you will CONSIDER MURDER as you watch this video, or read the article.

Oh and, if google is too much of a chore, you can find both the written review and the video here: [URL="http://www.g4tv.com/games/pc/34809/red-orchestra-ostfront-41-45/review/"][URL="http://www.g4tv.com/games/pc/34809/red-orchestra-ostfront-41-45/review/"][url]http://www.g4tv.com/games/pc/34809/red-orchestra-ostfront-41-45/review/[/URL][/URL][/URL]

I wanted to kill them after just 20 seconds into the video review. Their mere existance disgraces humanity!

Upvote 0
WOW!!!
I never watch G4TV as its for kids but damn that was a funny *** review. Love how just because they love COD arcade gameplay they bash a realistic style gameplay. Its annoying how you cant see how many bullets are in your gun? You kidding me? LOL
Thanks for red orchestra for changing the fps market for the better. I cant believe people get to review games that cant have no sense of creativity and adapt to change.
Its all good as that was in 2006 and todays age games and movies are more adapting to darker and realistic tones (Finally)

Ohhh I hate that bald guy! he's so annoying. 15 years ago he had a game show and a friend of mine went on it and they were both in the bathroom and that guy didn't even wash his hands and was shaking peoples hands.

Upvote 0
Ok, I'm no RO fanboy who thinks the game was perfect and represents all the hopes and dreams of the gaming industry. It was a fun game, I liked it, and I am watching to see if the second game is any good (still a toss up between it and BF3)

This review was utter dog **** and the man should find a new career.

I hope nobody be a fanboy here,nothing is perfect in this life,but true is true and lie is a lie.Its a funny game yet.

Upvote 0

Oh and, if google is too much of a chore, you can find both the written review and the video here: http://www.g4tv.com/games/pc/34809/red-orchestra-ostfront-41-45/review/[url]http://www.g4tv.com/games/pc/34809/red-orchestra-ostfront-41-45/review/[/URL]

i liked the bit where the brainless woman says in an astonished voice "there are no crosshairs so you have to aim using the sights on the actual gun!".
The video was funny but I feel that my IQ has dropped a few points just watching it.:(

Upvote 0
I understand very much so why the game has been delayed. The guys have been working on this game for years, and they (and I'm sure most of us aswell) want it to be perfect on release, no hanging around for patches to fix crashes and glitches in the game etc.

But I'm just a bit confused about the press being the first ones into the Beta - it just doesn't make sense to me. Surely the mass should go in first, find any major bugs or glitches, so that TWI can maybe sort them out before letting the press come in, and them getting a bad view of the game, just seems like this, combined with the release date clashing with the Battlefield 3 beta (I'll not be playing myself but I'm just one guy xD) may harm them a little bit.

However I understand the benefits of the release/beta pushbacks, delaying the game obviously gives them more time to sort the last few things out, and letting the press into the beta now will hopefully get them some nice previews to boost sales and what not.

Ultimatly, there's pros and obviously some cons to pushing back the release, the cons being - as I'm sure you've all seen - a lotta angry members of the community (I gotta add, was quite bad reading some of the posts, people need a little more patience!) - I have faith in TWI that we'll all get into Beta either the first week of September, or the last of August - heck, maybe sooner! Maybe they'll let us go play with the press players - that way they'd get to see what the game will be like with an actual player base doing what we do best!

At the same time, I worry, I've had several experiences with games being pushed back, to be "Polished" and "Tweaked" so that the final product is "better for everyone" - and then when release has come, it's still been fairly buggy - but in honesty, those experiences have been few and far between.

But guys, just calm down, for me personally, I'm just bashing Red Orchestra right now, honing my skills a little more to try and give myself that edge.

See you all on the battlefield.

Upvote 0
please

please

We have to announce that the release date for Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad is shifting back two weeks to September 13, 2011. While we understand the fans are clamoring to get their hands on the game, we felt we needed the extra two weeks to get it right and add the extra polish the game (and the players) deserve.

To answer a few questions/comments (and so it doesn't get lost in the forums): And that was raising as many questions as it answered, so I'll shut up now :)

Ok.... I can understand this iusse because we like an stable version of ROHOS.
But please please please let get us the beta for the Deluxe Edition buyer.

:)

Upvote 0
OK, this I am fine with, but I have one pressing question and I will put in bold and in caps, hopefully to get the reply.

WHEN IS THE BETA THAT WAS STATED IN PRE-ORDERING THE DELUXE VERSION

Because, I pre-ordered the deluxe version. It says I will get access to the final phase of the beta. Could someone tell me when this is.
T'was a bait and switch I can live with, seeing how this delay happened when I ordered, all I want is clarity, little else. :/

Upvote 0
I guess the game will be released on 23.02.2043, 100 years later on the day when the German troops remaining in Stalingrad had to surrender. :D

Fairly said I don't care when the game is released anymore. I've been waiting for 3 years now, why not add some months more? Won't matter anyway. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Keep smashin on the minus button for as long as you like won't change a thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0