Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS Modifications > Level Design > RO2/RS Beta Map Releases

Old 03-23-2013, 02:45 PM

Default [Map]TE-MyshkovaRiver

release of TE-MyshkovaRiver

it has 14 cap zones
45 min round duration

roles allies :

commander
sqaudleader
marksman
MG-gunner
elite-assault
elite-rifleman
engineer
AT-soldier
rifleman

roles german:

commander
sqaudleader
marksman
MG-gunner
elite-assault
elite-rifleman
engineer
rifleman

files TP : http://www.mediafire.com/download/b9...River-TP01.rar
files WF-Stavelot : http://www.mediafire.com/download/6m...Stavelot-A.rar

Red Orchestra 2 : TE-MyshkovaRiver Part 1 - YouTube

Red Orchestra 2 . TE-MyshkovaRiver Part 2 - YouTube

Last edited by BOH-rekrut; 10-17-2014 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:54 PM

Downloading now! I will be there for the test!
Old 03-23-2013, 03:09 PM

I'm just running around the map offline, and I noticed the tank squad leader role was available to pick, and a tank commander was available too. Also, when I spawn in as a tank, I get kicked out of the map, saying incompatible version. I don't know if the same thing happens online.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:40 PM

Do I just dump everything into CookedPC, or should I put the props file into /Packages? I've totally forgotten how to do this, lol.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:47 PM

Just dump it in! or over write the folder.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:31 PM

Great map! Played about 3 half hour rounds on it and the battles never ceased to amaze me. The city part of the map is outstanding, open, long streets, buildings tall fat and wide. At first I thought 14 objectives was a overload but we actually ended up losing twice! Had a lot of fun with the [RGN] folks and all the community map makers too, even Ramm himself showed up :P

The only things I ask of this map are:

-More time: We stretch the map out through the 45 minutes with a pretty mid-filled server (30-40 guys) and the thing is, we don't know this map. So imagine when the defenders actually do know what positions and choke points to work, might need more time for it. Do note that this could possible change due to the lack of arty and smoke being used when I played.

-Take tanks out: The Germans did damn well without them. Just doesn't seem like too much of a CA map. Definitely add halftracks in there when they release though!

-Fix the squad list: There are only like 13 or so people on the squad list. It isn't displaying all the class slots properly.

Other than that I see this map being as popular as Bridges. This really is THE map for 64 player slaughter
Old 03-23-2013, 05:52 PM

A and B has a few problems as you know. My suggestion is a fallback spawn when one cap is taken. Then bring back forward spawns when Russian take back lost caps.

Foliage is floating some as you probably know.

The lighting is funny in some buildings as it disappears as you get close.

There should be more broken vehicles for cover in the roads. People used to live here I assume and arty destroyed the area so their stuff should be laying around.

Great map!
Old 03-24-2013, 09:52 AM

I'd hold off balancing the map for now, on caps like A and B. The map is in a really early state and we need to see how the map plays with the tank first, if you decide to keep it in the map, and the arty. Personally, I'd like to see it stay, but I know there are some people against it. The fallback spawn that danh suggested is a good idea, but we should see how it plays when the arty is added. One arty on the building at B would effectively clear it out, which was where all the Russians were holed up in.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:33 AM

I've just begun to look it over, but this map is very impressive.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:07 AM

Update to MyshkovaRiverPreBeta

changelog :

-added mortars to both sites
-removed the german tank ( doesnt work in the current RO2 version)
-added 1 elite assault and elite rifle man to the germans
-added spawnprotection zones
-added noartyvolumes
- added more cover from the 2nd german spawn to obj B
-added some heavy MG s
- increased the round duration from 40 to 45 min
- changes respawn time 15 sec for germans 20 sec for allies
- added a 2nd floor at the building in obj G
--------------------------------------------------------
-foliage has always been ,,slope rotation blend,, set to 1 ( the foliage is floating because the terrain is very uneven )

map will be available in steamworkshop

Last edited by BOH-rekrut; 03-24-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:06 PM

Do you plan on giving the German team a tank? It would help them capture H and I. It was on those two objectives that the attackers had the most trouble when I played yesterday.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:09 PM

The map is supposed to have a tank for the germans, but this revision he removed temporarily it because it is bugged atm.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:47 PM

This map is generating an unusual amount of interest on our server.
I think that is noteworthy for a public that seems to prefer sandpapering a wildcat's *** in a phonebooth rather than to download a new map. I got a good feeling about this one.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Sajer View Post
Sandpapering a wildcat's *** in a phonebooth rather than to download a new map. I got a
This made me laugh harder than it should.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:03 AM
Banned

Quote:

This map is generating an unusual amount of interest on our server.
I think that is noteworthy for a public that seems to prefer sandpapering a wildcat's *** in a phonebooth rather than to download a new map. I got a good feeling about this one.

True words.... This map is rapidly on its way to the top.

(your analogy is superb!)
Old 03-26-2013, 10:10 PM

I just finished some in-depth reading on the battle of the Myshkova River.
This battle was pivotal because it was the only chance of salvage the Stalingrad salient had. And it was desperate. If Paulus had initiated a free for all breakout attempt by Dec 19th, it may have been possible for a significant number of 6th Army troops to reach German lines. Unfortunately, this didn't happen.
Hoth was stopped cold at the Myshkova bridge-head and that was the end.

The principal Divisions present in the area was 6th Panzer, 17th Pzg, and 23rd Panzer. These were opposed by 3rd Guard mechanized, and later 1st Guards Rifle and 7th Tank corps. One of the Bridge-head towns was called Nizhe Kumsky.

I'm not sure when the beta will be released, but the presence of some tanks on both sides should be necessary for any degree of historical accuracy.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:54 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure when the beta will be released, but the presence of some tanks on both sides should be necessary for any degree of historical accuracy.
??? we've been testing out the beta. the files are in the first post.

p.s. thanks for the historical info of the battle. allways nice to know what we're dying for.

Support your custom mappers! Only play servers willing to run custom maps!

Last edited by r5cya; 03-26-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:12 AM
Banned

Quote:

I just finished some in-depth reading on the battle of the Myshkova River.
This battle was pivotal because it was the only chance of salvage the Stalingrad salient had. And it was desperate. If Paulus had initiated a free for all breakout attempt by Dec 19th, it may have been possible for a significant number of 6th Army troops to reach German lines. Unfortunately, this didn't happen.
Hoth was stopped cold at the Myshkova bridge-head and that was the end.

The principal Divisions present in the area was 6th Panzer, 17th Pzg, and 23rd Panzer. These were opposed by 3rd Guard mechanized, and later 1st Guards Rifle and 7th Tank corps. One of the Bridge-head towns was called Nizhe Kumsky.

We've had this map up and running for days......

Tanks are questionable in this map as we've found the infantry combat excellent. The map does support a tank but unfortunately, it kills you when you attempt to use it.

Besides, tanks have tendency to ruin a good infantry map by forcing concentrated battle centered against and around the tanks. Consequently, the "combined" arms is seriously diluted. IMHO, this map would be better off without tanks.

Last edited by Mike_Nomad; 03-27-2013 at 05:37 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Nomad View Post
We've had this map up and running for days......

Tanks are questionable in this map as we've found the infantry combat excellent. The map does support a tank but unfortunately, it kills you when you attempt to use it.

Besides, tanks have tendency to ruin a good infantry map by forcing concentrated battle centered against and around the tanks. Consequently, the "combined" arms is seriously diluted. IMHO, this map would be better off without tanks.

Understood. I'm mentioning this for historical perspective only. It wasn't simply one battle anyway, but a series of actions along the river and around the bridgeheads. It's entirely possible there were instances of largely infantry
/Panzergrenadier actions. It's a great map, and the ultimate choices are entirely up to the Dev.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Banned

Quote:

Understood. I'm mentioning this for historical perspective only. It wasn't simply one battle anyway, but a series of actions along the river and around the bridgeheads. It's entirely possible there were instances of largely infantry
/Panzergrenadier actions. It's a great map, and the ultimate choices are entirely up to the Dev.
Actually, up to the Rekrut and the Admins....