• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 will fail, do something now tripwire!

except in oz, where the last ad for a game (not the wii/ds/whatever) I saw on tv was mechwarrior 4 :D

I have never seen a tv add here. Though I did see one at the cinema and the only thing that stuck with me from that was, the fact it was the first game ad I'd seen on the big screen.

I really cant see tv ads working well for a game that is pc only. It would also be a huge waste of money. A total biscuit vid would generate more sales.

Upvote 0
I think we've said it before (I can feel a FAQ page coming on): we're a small company. Advertising is on its way (from memory, first starts this week). We are spending more on advertising RO2 than the total development budget of RO1. But we are still SMALL and this stuff costs a lot of money - which is why EA can manage to spend $100m advertising BF3!

Tripwire I have a suggestion, why don't you organize an advertisement pack of printable leaflets/ posters for download and members of this forum can print them off and post them up all over town especially outside of games shops and internet cafes? I know it's very grass roots but it must net a few extra gamers at least....
Otherwise we could make our own posters and run them off. A lot of us have access to cheap or free printing...;)

Also you guys should make a couple of new awesome trailers and we'll spam, ahem I mean post them at as many forums as possible...

Overall though this game will def pick up due to word of mouth advertising.
I've already talked a few people into getting the game once it's out by starting a clan with them!

Upvote 0
News flash, you are a tool
Of course we pre-ordered the deluxe edition for the early access, who the cares about other games content, I pre-ordered red orchestra 2 for red orchestra 2, not to get some idiotic hats. SO OF COURSE I PREORDERED DELUXE EDITION FOR THE EARLY ACCESS! But not anymore, just canceled it, will be happy to buy it during the christmas sale at 5 euros, thanks bbye

Oh noes!.

Im actually a tool for the evil overlords over at the Tripwire. They sit around a round table, in a dark room in a evil tower with a lot of spikes and creepy things where they worship bobby kotick.

I bought the DE Version because I think that Tripwire are pretty nice for a developer (especially in these days). They actually made the step to adjust the price for specific regions of the world and they also give owners of RO a fair discount on the price. So I thought I might say thank you to tripwire by buying the deluxe edition. Of course the beta is a small bonus but have you actually took a bit of time and read the latest news? The Beta is not getting delayed.

It makes me kind of sad to see a lot of people that only seem to want their beta access because they can feel special over other people who dont have it. But I have good news for you. Since the Beta is not getting delayed you actually have more time in the beta to feel "special."

Stay classy!

Upvote 0
We wont let it fail ^^
And to be honest the team have been going around showing the game to alot of people, then we have people like this: ‪The Guide to Red Orchestra 2 - Part 1 of 3‬‏ - YouTube

Dont you worry ;) When the rest of us start to record videos of the game (with I intend to do) and start showing it up for more folks... as the saying goes... build it and they will come :p

Upvote 0
I bought the DE Version because I think that Tripwire are pretty nice for a developer (especially in these days). They actually made the step to adjust the price for specific regions of the world and they also give owners of RO a fair discount on the price. So I thought I might say thank you to tripwire by buying the deluxe edition. Of course the beta is a small bonus but have you actually took a bit of time and read the latest news? The Beta is not getting delayed.

exactly

I purchased the deluxe edition because the normal one was to cheap, I think they deserve the couple of extra bucks (and no, moderators don't get extra discount ;) )

and about the rest of this thread, normally the "RO is dying threads" start just after release, Now we have them before release? that's new :D

Upvote 0
News flash, you are a tool
Of course we pre-ordered the deluxe edition for the early access, who the cares about other games content, I pre-ordered red orchestra 2 for red orchestra 2, not to get some idiotic hats. SO OF COURSE I PREORDERED DELUXE EDITION FOR THE EARLY ACCESS! But not anymore, just canceled it, will be happy to buy it during the christmas sale at 5 euros, thanks bbye

Who's the tool here?

What idiot buys a game which states an unspecified early access and then expects to be able to make demands?

I bought the deluxe edition acknowledging that I don't know the early access date, and that I don't have any control over it.

This is something that keeps me from throwing childish tantrums like you are doing.

I bought the DE Version because I think that Tripwire are pretty nice for a developer (especially in these days). They actually made the step to adjust the price for specific regions of the world and they also give owners of RO a fair discount on the price.

Same here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Who's the tool here?

What idiot buys a game which states an unspecified early acces and then expects to be able to make demands?

I bought the deluxe edition acknowledging that I don't know the early access date, and that I don't have any control over it.

This is something that keeps me from throwing childish tantrums like you are doing.

Same here.

i dont think he is a tool for the beta thing. thats just how he is:)

Upvote 0
Honestly? I give a damn about if RO2 fails.

Why?

I started playing Red Orchestra with the 3.0 beta, I was blown away by its realism and detail, its immersion and atmosphere. I voted for Tripwire in the
nVidia "make something unreal" contest as it was my favorite mod. When I heard of a retail version which will improve the mod (which already felt awesome) I believed paradise was coming down on earth. And then there was it Red Orchestra Ostfront 41-45, and it was way different from what I expected to be the improved version. Ugly animations, dull graphics and yes gore. I don't care about gore but it felt like it was added only to attract some mad people to the game.
Anyway I've accepted that RO1 was a fast money production, still I voted with my wallet to say "Thank you TWI guys for over two years of fun with the mod for free".

When I heard about RO2 in August 2008 I was first believing that somebody was joking on the internet but then there was the Gamescom 2008 video stuff on youtube. So it was true, a high quality remake of RO with advanced graphics and improved gameplay was in production, what happy day!
Now it's August 2011, three years have passed and yes, I voted for Tripwire again with my wallet, I pre-ordered the game although I have many dislikes with the latest gameplay videos released. Still I invested money to make them realize there's players around who want something different than CoD and MoH could bring to their pcs.
Now, we have a closed beta going on and - that's what I understood from all those writtings on the forums - there will never be a public beta. A public beta might be expensive dunno but I believe that it was good advertisement. Also we have a constant postpone of the release date now. I'm really glad I didn't buy a new computer yet to match with the requirements as my fare for learning from such incidents is now just

Upvote 0
this is just going to be an amazing shooter without a community, and I am really sad to see this happen (and by that I mean a big community, because 5 servers with your hardcore community doesn't really count)
Seriously? The RO2 Community is the best I've seen so far. Sure some may have more people on their forums, but RO2 have by far the most supporting community.
And about the servers, RO1 still havent died out. Theres still alot of full servers.

Upvote 0
Honestly? I give a damn about if RO2 fails.

Why?

I started playing with the 3.0 beta, I was blown away by its realism and detail, its immersion and atmosphere. I voted for Tripwire in the
nVidia "make something unreal" contest as it was my favorite mod. When I heard of a retail version which will improve the mod (which already felt awesome) I believed paradise was coming down on earth. And then there was it Red Orchestra Ostfront 41-45, and it was way different from what I expected to be the improved version. Ugly animations, dull graphics and yes gore. I don't care about gore but it felt like it was added only to attract some mad people to the game.
Anyway I've accepted that RO1 was a fast money production, still I voted with my wallet to say "Thank you TWI guys for over two years of fun with the mod for free".

When I heard about RO2 in August 2008 I was first believing that somebody was joking on the internet but then there was the Gamescom 2008 video stuff on youtube. So it was true, a high quality remake of RO with advanced graphics and improved gameplay was in production, what happy day!
Now it's August 2011, three years have passed and yes, I voted for Tripwire again with my wallet, I pre-ordered the game although I have many dislikes with the latest gameplay videos released. Still I invested money to make them realize there's players around who want something different than CoD and MoH could bring to their pcs.
Now, we have a closed beta going on and - that's what I understood from all those writtings on the forums - there will never be a public beta. A public beta might be expensive dunno but I believe that it was good advertisement. Also we have a constant postpone of the release date now. I'm really glad I didn't buy a new computer yet to match with the requirements as my fare for learning from such incidents is now just

Upvote 0