• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

End of round stats?

Yeah, way to be immediately insulting to someone who offers a differing opinion! Lets call names and be awesome!

It has nothing to do with forcing someone to team work. Even if the kills on the board were removed, you could still do whatever you wanted. If I were forcing you to team work, I'd say "Hey tripwire, you should immediately kill any player that gets X amount of meters away from the next person on their team!" Stop being an *** for 5 seconds and use your brain for logical argument construction, and you'd realize that removing the kill count off the board in no way affects your game play, and in fact WAS ALREADY DONE IN RO1. There is no kill count on RO1. There is a "Score" that you accumulate through a variety of things being done. You get 1 point for a kill, and what? 5 points for capturing an objective? All it would do is remove the incentive for people like you, who obviously don't give two flips about working for your team, which is a major problem for a team when people like you are constantly hogging the specialized kits that can make or break an assault, just so you can feel like a 1337 sn1porz, VASILY LULZ!

So get off your indignant high horse and try posting in an intelligent manner. Netiquette, look it up.

Upvote 0
Yeah, way to be immediately insulting to someone who offers a differing opinion! Lets call names and be awesome!

You are free to have your opinion, just as I don't have to like it. And when fanboys think that kills & deaths shouldn't be included in stats, to punish those who actually like to keep track of their KPD, for not emphasizing on teamplay enough, I think that it is fair to call them control freaks.

Why not have score, kills and deaths? That way the objective-doers have an incentive to capture flags, and we who care about our KPD don't have to suffer. Not that the two exclude each other of course; I'm sure that many teamplayers like to know how many kills and deaths they have too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well if its fair to call people who want some teamwork from someone on their team, control freaks then its fair to call those that don't want to contribute some teamwork to the team, noobs, or a more descriptive term such as "waste of space" or "worthless use of a player slot."

IF KPD so important to you that you're willing to screw your entire team to stroke your e-peen for momentary glory wile everyone looks at your name at the top of the list for the 10 seconds it takes to rotate to the next map then download a counter app for your phone and count your own KPD. People that are worried about KPD are the types of people that like to be #1 on the top of the board and screw everything else. Never mind that your team just lost because half your team is out kill farming, as long as your name is up top, you are teh leet, and screw everything else.

If you're all about score and think teamwork is control freakish, go play Call of duty. I hear its DM is great, and then you don't have to worry about your team. I mean, if all you care about is your score, then call of duty is more in line with your style of play anyways, because RO2 is about team play, not personal epicness.

Upvote 0
Well if its fair to call people who want some teamwork from someone on their team, control freaks then its fair to call those that don't want to contribute some teamwork to the team, noobs, or a more descriptive term such as "waste of space" or "worthless use of a player slot."

Whatever floats your boat :p.

People that are worried about KPD are the types of people that like to be #1 on the top of the board and screw everything else. Never mind that your team just lost because half your team is out kill farming, as long as your name is up top, you are teh leet, and screw everything else.

Damn right :cool:. Not that I see the problem anyhow. I strictly play games for entertainment (which in FPS games in effect translates to a positive KPD), and couldn't care less whether I win or lose; I don't see them as some sort of team sport, especially since I don't know 95% or more of the players on the server and most of them come from foreign countries.

If you're all about score and think teamwork is control freakish, go play Call of duty. I hear its DM is great, and then you don't have to worry about your team. I mean, if all you care about is your score, then call of duty is more in line with your style of play anyways, because RO2 is about team play, not personal epicness.

I'm mainly interested in RO2 for the solo tanking, and besides that I'm no fan of CoD and don't like DM with the exception of HLDM.

Upvote 0
TBH
Ever since I play RO1 I don't check the scoreboard anymore. Only thing i go there for is see on which side my bro is playing.

Just like the death messages, once it's gone you realize how much fun it is.

But off you go, I will not interrupt the discussion about which score is important to which people and who will be head K/D vasiliy person:p

Upvote 0
The suggestion was to make the end of round stats focus on teamwork, to all the people that say they dont want stats because it detracts from teamwork, well if the stats were focused on teamwork even the stat whores would want to work together. I never said anything about showing stats during the game either.

Showing the best squads for each team, with their classes and team score, doesnt detract from team work, it slightly encourages it. It gives people that do work together recognition.

Upvote 0
So my opinion is to just not show it, except for on stats tracking sites where they can show all available stats.

But K/D is part of being "good" at RO. A mindless fool who rushes in and captures points to do nothing but die isn't as valuable as someone who can do the same while wiping up the enemy. Without K/D you wouldn't be able to tell if someone is just wasting reinforcements for caps or actually contributing to the overall effort. K/D is pretty much the only way to determine if a Sniper is being effective, too.

Why leave it out when it's just another part of the big picture?

Reactions: SS-Kommando
Upvote 0
IF KPD so important to you that you're willing to screw your entire team to stroke your e-peen for momentary glory wile everyone looks at your name at the top of the list for the 10 seconds it takes to rotate to the next map then download a counter app for your phone and count your own KPD. People that are worried about KPD are the types of people that like to be #1 on the top of the board and screw everything else. Never mind that your team just lost because half your team is out kill farming, as long as your name is up top, you are teh leet, and screw everything else.

Just gotta put a different spin on this because on a previous game i was quite often on the top of the scoreboard. Now i got accused of this by randoms quite often but just because someone has a good kdr doesn't mean there not going for team work and capturing the points and my path always involved capturing myself or cutting off reinforcements into an objective area.

Please remember just because someone has good skill and knowledge of the game doesn't always make them some noob no-team working camping in the corner player.

Just to clarify, I dont 'care' about my kdr but it's a common miss-conception about kdr and teamwork.
The reality is if you aren't killing the enemy players then you aren't helping the team. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: SS-Kommando
Upvote 0
Yes the kill/death ratio does say something, problem is that most people think it is the only thing that matters, like in CoD.

So yeah it is better to have a high k/d especially in combination with teamply.
It's just that a lot of people will plainly ignore the teampoints and see 'arrrgghh my k/d is under 1, ow ****'. While they capped all points and are actually doing a great job.

So k/d is not useless, but it's not holy either.

Upvote 0
Well, I would like to see some end of round stats.
Would be nice if it would show like two or three best players of both teams.

I think Team Fortress 2 (pretty sure other games have this too) has a good stats system. You can see the kills, assists and death etc.. But the other players dont see those. They just see the score, which comes from healing, defending etc.

Upvote 0