• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Which option shall you choose?

Which option shall you choose?

• All English

Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Your team english

Votes: 42 23.9%
  • No english

Votes: 121 68.8%

• Total voters
Since all of the english sounds should have german/russian counterparts (that the enemy team hears), this shouldn't be too hard to just mod.

The enemy speaks the native tongue, but that isn't the full 3000 lines iirc.
So the game loads the english 3000 lines and the smaller bunch of enemy rusky/german lines.
So when you mod them around you have actually less battlechatter.

But I agree with Darkseed; Although I am terrible at russian, german is fine for me, so I would love to have the option to do that.
However Alan explained why they did it this way and I just hope that they find the time to add it in later:)

Upvote 0
I hope they add it in later too, would it not be possible to take the allready recorded german and russian voices (the ones only used for the enemy voices) and use them for the friendlies too? Sure you wouldn't get the 3000 lines of banter you would have if you stick with localized, but I'm sure a lot of people would prefer the correct languages over that?

Upvote 0
I hope there will be an option which allow you to choose whether you want to hear your teammates in your native language or in german/russian...
It would really add to immersion, because french recordings are always S***...

More over, there are some people who can speak german/russian as well as their native language.. Therefore, it would be great to have the choice !

I can speak german (not fluently, but i can :eek:).. I want to be able to choose the original voices !! :(
(It would even help me improving my knowledge of the language :))

Reactions: Centy
Upvote 0
I would certainly prefer to have the native languages in there. I am not fluent in either language but I could hold a slow conversation while sounding silly yet still I can easily tell them apart and you know it might help me learn.

I wouldn't want it to be the default option, not at all, but as an option to have in there it's something I would try to use. As many pointed out playing with friends on a voip server will be what I am hearing anyway.

Upvote 0
My team in English, other team in their native language. I'd like to be able to understand what the players on my team are saying. With the limited voices in RO1 I was able to understand them rather quickly, but it seems like RO2 has far too many voices with no subtitles for many of them.

Hopefully Americans/British/Spanish or whatever can choose to play with Russian/German for their team though.

Upvote 0
I REALLY would prefer the teams to speak German and Russian, with subtitles to translate your team's messages in English. In time I would learn to recognize most messages without the text. Breaks the immersion of driving a Panzer IV if the crewmen don't speak their native tongue.

I only want to hear English when I'm playing Rising Storm. :D

Upvote 0
Why would you want English voices? Maybe for singleplayer, but definitely not for multiplayer.
Why wouldn't you? I want to understand what everyone is saying on MY team, and ofc I can't understand what the enemy is saying - I think it makes good sense. Ok, do you want to go through every game not understanding your team mates (voicechat)? I am British btw.

Upvote 0
Why wouldn't you? I want to understand what everyone is saying on MY team, and ofc I can't understand what the enemy is saying - I think it makes good sense. Ok, do you want to go through every game not understanding your team mates (voicechat)? I am British btw.

I don't care if i can understand my teammates or not. There is nothing the voice chatter can do to help you play better. Maybe call out a grenade, oh boy. You would probably catch on to the german/russian words for important stuff like that anyways.You don't to understand the voices to help you play better. And since it probably doesn't help you i'd rather go with the more realistic option.

Upvote 0
Perhaps, but i don't see how the battle chatter is going to help you play the game better. Being on a vent channel with your team seems like a better idea. And if it doesn't help you play better it's only for immersion. And i think it's more immersive to have Germans speak German and Russians speak Russian.

If you hear a Russian yell "Grenade!!" in actual Russian language, I doubt you would be able to understand him unless you heard the word before or actually know Russian. As said by devs in other threads there are 566 lines of battle chatter each said by a total of 12 talented voice actors, unless you want to memorize them all in both German AND Russian, then I would assume you would want to be able to understand something the devs seemed to put so much effort into.

I doubt you'd be close enough to your friends for them to see whats happened around you, they would probably be more focused on the enemy than watching your back for enemies or grenades or tanks. Still, voice chat is still an option!!!

Again, it's trying to make you feel like you are in the battle, not having some tourist with a gun run around not knowing what anyone is saying or anything. It'd probably be more immersive if you actually spoke Russian and played as Russia, then you get lucky there.

Other than that, tough raisin bagels.

Upvote 0
If you hear a Russian yell "Grenade!!" in actual Russian language, I doubt you would be able to understand him unless you heard the word before or actually know Russian. As said by devs in other threads there are 566 lines of battle chatter each said by a total of 12 talented voice actors, unless you want to memorize them all in both German AND Russian, then I would assume you would want to be able to understand something the devs seemed to put so much effort into.

I doubt you'd be close enough to your friends for them to see whats happened around you, they would probably be more focused on the enemy than watching your back for enemies or grenades or tanks. Still, voice chat is still an option!!!

Again, it's trying to make you feel like you are in the battle, not having some tourist with a gun run around not knowing what anyone is saying or anything. It'd probably be more immersive if you actually spoke Russian and played as Russia, then you get lucky there.

Other than that, tough raisin bagels.

I think you would pick up on words like grenade if they're said enough when a grenade explodes and kills you :) I don't mind not understanding. If i hear english i automatically feel like i'm playing a game and not a soldier in WW2. But that's just me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0