• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New to pc gaming and have questions about this title.

I call that and raise you Combat Mission: Battle of Normandy

IMO, Company of Heroes is the BF of WW2 RTS games. Combat Mission: Battle of Normandy is the ArmA of WW2 RTS games. Then we have Men of War, the Red Orchestra of WW2 RTS games. :p MoW seems to bridge the gap between the two RTS games, y'see. RO2 is doing the same for two FPS games! That's why I love RO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
IMO, Company of Heroes is the BF of WW2 RTS games. Combat Mission: Battle of Normandy is the ArmA of WW2 RTS games. Then we have Men of War, the Red Orchestra of WW2 RTS games. :p MoW seems to bridge the gap between the two RTS games, y'see. RO2 is doing the same for two FPS games! That's why I love RO.

Excellent analogy.

That's the beauty of PC gaming, you got the arcade games you play on console, then you have the balls to the wall realism stuff, and everything in between. And you have that on FPSes and RPGs, which you have on consoles, to which you add RTSes, MMO's, and everything you can't categorise. So all the suggestions on these forums are but a small fraction of what you can get, you can even find gems no one would ever think of telling you about.

Plus we have a mouse and keyboard, try playing Killing Floor on Hell on Earth with your wimpy gamepads I dare you!

Upvote 0

Sniped! I thought of that in class today. Great minds think alike!

Upvote 0
American history teachers are horrible.

One thing I remember, not really sure why, was that my teacher said that American troops were dropped from bombers, or something of the same meaning as that.

That's not entirely true. I've had history teachers that were not totally horrible, and I've actually had a couple of great teachers.

It's just a matter of the dice roll and the location. This country has plenty of high-high-high ups and then it has tons of very, very low downs. Downs. If you follow.

I don't view this country favorably overall, but we have some of the brightest and most educated men on the planet and some of the best universities in the world in some locations and I don't think it's fair to generalize.

Plus, there's always the possibility the OP was just trolling.

Upvote 0
I get the feeling that most people here play games for realism. Is this true? No TF2 players?

Misconception of a lot of players here.
I personally love the realism of RO, however I also think the chaos of TF2 is absolutely awesome:D

People are not restricted to one type of game. I guess (not sure) more people here feel the same way.
People forget that a lot of players would switch occasionally (or often) between 'barebone' gamemode and relaxed realism.

Edit: Also the reason why I don't object to Mkb42 for example. I would like to have a 'Mkb42 only' firefight sometime when I want some chaos mixed with some Red Orchestra flavour

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can goof off and play games for wacky fun too (Killing Floor, or way in the past Unreal Tournament, etc) but for some reason when I'm playing a war shooter such as Red Orchestra, I am much more serious and like the realism aspect of it. In most cases, the more those types of (war) games deviate from realism, then it negatively impacts my fun.

Anyone else like that?

Reactions: Landrik and Hobitt
Upvote 0
I get the feeling that most people here play games for realism. Is this true? No TF2 players?

Nope not true for me personally at least..

I play games for enjoyment and not for any immersion it may offer.
I play games for the team play aspect of playing with my clan mates and friends online together..

Realism is not a consideration at any time..After all its not real..lol:)

Upvote 0
It's pure escapism for me. I love the way RO plays and the way the guns " feel " when you use them.

I don't care even a tiny bit about authenticity or historical accuracy, as long as the game plays well and I get my hit of fun.

I prefer realism of course, with things like ballistics, penetration and lethality being as close to real life as possible, which is why I choose RO :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0