• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pyro skin still available?

crunchman61

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
With TF2 going free to play, and the pyro skin requiring to own TF2, does this mean you can get the Pyro skin for free now or is there something else you need to do to get it?

Apologies if this has been brought up in other threads but I'm new to the KF forums and the search didn't bring up anything.

With TF2 going free to play, and the pyro skin requiring to own TF2, does this mean you can get the Pyro skin for free now or is there something else you need to do to get it?

Apologies if this has been brought up in other threads but I'm new to the KF forums and the search didn't bring up anything.

Actually, you can still get the skins. I didn't own TF2 prior to the Free to Play era and I still have them now.

Upvote 0
man TF2 gone free really makes me mad, I buy orange box mostly for TF2 and HL2, now TF2 is free thats mean I wasted my money, and now TF2 is a freaking free online game thats mean valve ruin the game for letting noobs playing, and yea pyro is free now too :(

what really pissed me off is that I bought it 2 weeks before it was free :mad: thought I'd try it since i had some extra money, pissed me off when I found out they made it free

Upvote 0
Those that bought TF2 get a premium accoun and have access to everything.

Those that didn't, have limited servers, limited items *Very small backpack* and some other things.

Tbh, I'm just mad that what was supposed to be a Promotion, now everyone's got it. Wish they'd do that with the Character from The Ball huh?

Stupid Pyro. (The TF2 char, not the model TWI made.)

Upvote 0
man TF2 gone free really makes me mad, I buy orange box mostly for TF2 and HL2, now TF2 is free thats mean I wasted my money, and now TF2 is a freaking free online game thats mean valve ruin the game for letting noobs playing, and yea pyro is free now too :(

what really pissed me off is that I bought it 2 weeks before it was free :mad: thought I'd try it since i had some extra money, pissed me off when I found out they made it free

Again, with the *****ing.
Here's how it works.
When you buy a game, you sign a contract you're never shown. It's called "Common sense". The contract states:
"If at any time, the game were to be removed from shelves, service, made free o play, or it's servers removed, I will not be a whiny ***** about it and I understand that buying anything has a risk and that I was never guaranteed anything but the intellectual property I paid for."
I bought TF2 for 20 bucks. Next day it went on sale for 5. I didn't complain.
I paid full price for KF. Next week? 7.50.
I understand the risks going in, and will not complain when things don't go my way.
Think about how the people who bought All Points Bulletin felt? They had 2 weeks before it went offline, and it recently got brought back as a F2P title.

Upvote 0