• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Summer Sideshow Event: Impressed or Disappointed?

Summer Sideshow Event: Impressed or Disappointed?

• Awesome! I'm really impressed and can't wait!!!

Votes: 157 68.9%
  • Disappointed! Another re-skin. So what?

Votes: 28 12.3%
  • Not too bothered! Bring on the clowns!

Votes: 43 18.9%

• Total voters

ljM

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
Wigan, England
Just want to hear peoples thoughts on the new event!

Are you impressed by the new re-skinned zeds or a tad disappointed there's no permanent changes/additions to the game?

My personal opinion: I didn't think it was going to be another re-skin, and I thought that if it was, it was predictable and I was going to be a little disappointed.

However, after looking at the screenshots and watching the video, it certainly adds a new kick to our favourite game! I think it will be extremely fun to play!

What are your opinions?

Difficult... I love the look of this event and I wanna try it ASAP! It's just that it's been such a damn long time since KF has actually had a Zed or Gun put into it, and I think that most of us were expecting an awful lot more, but seeing that it's just another map (still wanna try it!) and a ZED reskin, it is a little bit of a letdown to see that nothing has really been added to the gameplay especially after the feasible and impressive ideas that have been given out.

I am impressed, I am excited, but I'm still just a little bit disappointed. ._.

Doesn't stop me lovin' KF and TWI though. :p

Upvote 0
I'm totally excited for this event, but I was maybe hoping for a game changing update, something like new items or zeds or whatever. I was half expecting this type of event anyways, but I am completeley okay with it! These types of events are really nice because it adds some flavor to the same old zeds we love to kill all the time, and plus it's a summer event, this will keep me playing all through july!

So I'm disappointed, but I'm more excited than disappointed.

Upvote 0
There isn't much they could have feasibly done to impress.. Didn't want the brute to be added (yet?), more guns would be nice but not necessary (I fear the next mac-10), maps we have plenty of, etc.

Or a balance update. Oh, right.

But seriously, it's getting updated. This is good. Honestly I'd love to see more weapons and maps, but the circus event is probably gonna be a lot more fun. What's the point of new weapons to play with if you can't get old - and new! - friends to pick up KF again?

Upvote 0
or a tad disappointed there's no permanent changes/additions to the game?
They're adding a new map with an entirely new theme. That's after adding another new map with a similarly unique theme just a few months ago (the Portal 2 thing, if your memory is short). That's a hell of a lot more than some other two year old games can say they're getting.

Got dang, Tripwire continues to provide free **** on a game that was already cheap to begin with while working full time on a completely different retail title. What's with you whiny *****es and entitlement issues?

Upvote 0
Got dang, Tripwire continues to provide free **** on a game that was already cheap to begin with while working full time on a completely different retail title. What's with you whiny *****es and entitlement issues?

This^^

Seeing threads like this makes me want to stop doing free content packs and special events :) It's like if I gave some of you guys a pot of gold you'd complain it was too heavy :)

FYI a "re-skin" means you just modify the texture on a model. The are completely new 3d models and textures, and full voice over replacement for every monster. That is a far cry from "just a reskin". It takes a crapload of work to do an event like this. And yes we know everyone would love to have a new monster and weapons, etc. But all of the people that do those things are busy finishing RO2 right now. So for now you'll just have to "settle" with gigantic free events like this that take months of work to create.

Upvote 0

Agreed, people really need to stop b****ing and just enjoy the free content Tripwire keeps providing us.

Upvote 0
This^^

Seeing threads like this makes me want to stop doing free content packs and special events :) It's like if I gave some of you guys a pot of gold you'd complain it was too heavy :)

FYI a "re-skin" means you just modify the texture on a model. The are completely new 3d models and textures, and full voice over replacement for every monster. That is a far cry from "just a reskin". It takes a crapload of work to do an event like this. And yes we know everyone would love to have a new monster and weapons, etc. But all of the people that do those things are busy finishing RO2 right now. So for now you'll just have to "settle" with gigantic free events like this that take months of work to create.

Don't be discouraged by the few vocal ungrateful spoiled kids, there are, and will always be some trolls everywhere.

Upvote 0

Aye, I love the stuff TWI hands out, I am admittedly a little bit disappointed that there's no permanent additions aside from the Steampunk Foster and the new map since it has been a long time, but then again, TWI doesn't owe their customers anything so everyone who COMPLETELY dislikes this event should put a sock in it, and learn to appreciate the work done. This map looks great, these achievements must be fun to do, these new remodels add a great new flavour, and I want that Steampunk Foster.

I think this event benefits all of us. It's benefitting TWI with more sales to fuel their future games, updates, and other plans and it benefits us as the players by giving us something to do that is still very fun and entertaining, it invites new players into the game, brings back the old ones, and TWI has more money to do make more stuff that we all enjoy! Some of us are just being a little bit too optimistic, is all.

Reactions: Conman
Upvote 0
My only question is, did I miss the Husk?

Personally I really like the special events, sure it would be nice to get new weapons/specimens/etc. But you know, I also want a *Pony*, but I don't think I'm getting that...

sparkle_pony.jpg

Upvote 0
This^^

Yeah this is faaaaaar from being a reskin lol. I always found it funny if ppl say that some of our weapons are reskins of ingame weapons.
These Circus characters look very impressive and are very very high quality work!
It's like saying a cat is just a reskin of a tiger :D.

Upvote 0

Seriously. It makes me embarrassed to be somewhat active in the KF community when I see people moaning about how the totally free updates don't live up to their standards. It makes us all look like stuck-up little brats with entitlement issues. People don't realize how much time and effort goes into game development; it's not like you can whip up a model or throw together new weapons in a day.

Tripwire has been MORE than awesome with the ongoing support for KF and anyone who has the audacity to whine about it can go play CoD where the devs don't give half a **** about their games and community.

Upvote 0
I'm really impressed by all the updates Tripwire has done so far but the one thing I don't like about these re-skins is that they are only for a short period of time. Don't get me wrong, they are awesome but I personally think they should remain on the map they belong to and be always playable there. The achievments could always be disabled after a certain time if that's how they've planned it to be.

It does keep the game fresh and it does keep the players excited for the next such event but I think it would add to the immersion if the monsters looked more fitting for the maps with which they resemble.

Upvote 0
Seriously. It makes me embarrassed to be somewhat active in the KF community when I see people moaning about how the totally free updates don't live up to their standards.

I ****ing love updates to Killing Floor and this is no exception. Everyone in this thread has stated they like this update, and are glad it came.

Man, people defending TWI from imaginary attacks are really 'whiny'. Not to mention possess a skewed definition of trolling.

Upvote 0
This^^

Never ever ever listen to the people who say it's just a reskin. To be honest hearing there was going to be a new KF event with RO2 obviously in deep deep mega crunch time I was surprised. Getting both this and a RO2 release date in the same week was like Xmas for me.

I really don't understand where this sense of entitlement comes from I mean I've bought thousands of games over the last 15 years and have yet to see more than a handful supported for half as long as KF and RO have been.

These people really just deserve to be ignored but for the rest of us who not only deeply enjoy the brilliant events and extended patch support, please know we love you guys and appreciate the obviously large amount of work that goes into it entirely for free and if I could I would come down to your office wearing a top hat and proclaim as much for all the world to hear.

Reactions: Jake74
Upvote 0
I ****ing love updates to Killing Floor and this is no exception. Everyone in this thread has stated they like this update, and are glad it came.

Man, people defending TWI from imaginary attacks are really 'whiny'. Not to mention possess a skewed definition of trolling.

I'm not referring to this thread specifically. Forum users are generally reasonable. Look at the TWI facebook page. Tons of people there going on about how it's "just a lame reskin" and they're outraged that Tripwire isn't coming out with a "real update."

Also, what sick mind came up with the circus Gorefast? Completely terrifying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0