• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Possible to use the game on two computers to play LAN?

Hi,
If I bought this game, would it be possible for me to install it on two different computers under the same household/network and play against bots with him? Is that allowed/possible?
Thanks
It wasn't possible in the previous version, but we can hope for it in the next.
I suggest looking it up on the forums after release. That's what I will be doing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All players need to login to Steam to play, and you can't be logged in from two different computers at the same time, using one account, even if they are on the same Lan
It won't be possible unless you buy two copies of the game under two different Steam accounts.

While this was certainly true of RO, it is not necessarily true of all Steam games.

In the Steam game Left For Dead for example, if you set Steam to offline mod, Left For Dead could be played across LAN from a single account.

Some games developers include this feature, some do not.
Tripwire didn't last time, so I'm not really expecting them to this time either... but I live in hope.

Upvote 0
I already have a steam account which i play killing floor on my computer. I have another computer in my house and i want to be able to play killing floor on that computer as well.

What would be best, Buy a copy of killing floor or create another account on steam and purchase it.

Me and my brother want to play killing floor online. Please help.

Upvote 0
I already have a steam account which i play killing floor on my computer. I have another computer in my house and i want to be able to play killing floor on that computer as well.

What would be best, Buy a copy of killing floor or create another account on steam and purchase it.

Me and my brother want to play killing floor online. Please help.

You will have to buy your own copy, and he will have to buy his own copy. One copy per person.

Upvote 0
Yeah well lol - i'm not rolling on money neither, but 40€ isn't a big deal if u've got a salary imo, especially if you're gonna play that game that cost 40€ for like 5 years like i did with RO:OST.
It is even cheap if you look it that way.

And no Tom, i won't buy a copy for you, even if u're the real one :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for your help. I think im going to buy the game instead of buying it on steam. If i buy a used one will i have trouble with the cd key?

Boxes versions on RO2 will still use Steam. The only difference is you get a box, a DVD, and a manual. This is nice because when it comes time for installation you can choose to download it or use the DVD.

But the same restrictions apply.

Steam games are tied to Steam accounts. So unless someone has RO2 and only RO2 on their Steam account, you won't be able to just get a used RO2.

If you want to get it for cheap, wait until a Steam or Amazon sale.

Upvote 0