• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Personalize weapon

Crusher

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Belgium
When someone in ROOST finds a weapon he prefers more than the weapon he carries atm he will most likely pick it up. I'm not sure how realistic it is, did soldiers really drop their own weapon in exchange for a "better" one?

What about personalizing it, like giving your weapon a name or making it able to put small pictures on it, text or decals? Nothing too dramatic but small personal touches that gives you a bond with your weapon so you won't throw it away for every weapon you come across. With the new weight system you can probably carry 2 main weapons anyway.

What about personalizing it, like giving your weapon a name or making it able to put small pictures on it, text or decals? Nothing too dramatic but small personal touches that gives you a bond with your weapon so you won't throw it away for every weapon you come across. With the new weight system you can probably carry 2 main weapons anyway.

No.

Upvote 0

No.

Upvote 0
I understand the desire to customize a game to your liking but these kinds of these often come off as silly and unrealistic in FPS games.

That said, I would be in total support of ranked up tank commanders being aloud to name their tanks and apply external hull artwork just like they did in real life. That would be sweet!

Upvote 0
StenNo.png

Upvote 0
When someone in ROOST finds a weapon he prefers more than the weapon he carries atm he will most likely pick it up. I'm not sure how realistic it is, did soldiers really drop their own weapon in exchange for a "better" one?

I'm sure if you had no ammo or your gun was not suited to the situation you would change it if you could.

No thank you...

Upvote 0
People are so negative.

I think giving your gun a name if you wish could work. This would only be visible to you in your stats page and when changing gun in-game to it would say "gun name" instead of kar 98k. Other peoples weapon would have their standard name as you don't know what other people call their guns.

Maybe some personal sign of the gun aging so your gun look slightly different from others (placement of scratches differ etc). But if something like that was to be put in it might be better to randomize it for each spawn for variations sake.

Upvote 0
People are so negative.

I think giving your gun a name if you wish could work. This would only be visible to you in your stats page and when changing gun in-game to it would say "gun name" instead of kar 98k. Other peoples weapon would have their standard name as you don't know what other people call their guns.

Maybe some personal sign of the gun aging so your gun look slightly different from others (placement of scratches differ etc). But if something like that was to be put in it might be better to randomize it for each spawn for variations sake.

people are naturally negative towards stupid ideas.

Upvote 0
People have named their rifles for a loooong time.

In Vietnam, U.S. troops were dropping the crap M16A1 for the AK for the sheer reason that the initial batch of M16's were thought to be "self-cleaning" and Uncle Sam decided to not issue cleaning kits which lead to constant jams.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Though this is not an AK vs M16 thread, just want to throw out that the M16>AK. A bullet is a bullet. You get hit, you're going down, so it comes down to accuracy, not punch.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

My rifle's name is, Mary. You may put texts on your rifle *it's not recommended*, in fact, many many many M16's were made with bible verses printed on them, but that was recently stopped because they didn't want the modern war to look like a new "Holy War".

As for customization, in WWII, customizations were limited, but possible and it WAS done. Rifles, Artillery, planes, tanks etc.

I don't think it would really be needed in game, though it's not a bad idea.
(photos were put in the helmet.).

Last edited:
Reactions: Atomskytten
Upvote 0