• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Movie] Battle: Los Angeles - Awesome sci-fi action flick.

Vintage

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Searching for survivors.
YouTube - Battle: Los Angeles Trailer 3 (2011) HD

If you like sci-fi flicks with cheesy one-liners and badass action, as well as heroic sacrifices and watching marines kick *** then go see this film. It has a cliched alien invasion plot, but like the movie Aliens, the characters are badass and the action is solid. If you go in expecting exactly what I described this movie to be, you will be entertained.

I love sci-fi movies like this and I wish more were made. I am glad I caught this one on the big screen, and I recommend this to anyone who loves badassery/sci-fi.

If you like sci-fi flicks with cheesy one-liners and badass action, as well as heroic sacrifices and watching marines kick *** then go see this film. It has a cliched alien invasion plot, but like the movie Aliens, the characters are badass and the action is solid. If you go in expecting exactly what I described this movie to be, you will be entertained.
Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I was expecting, but there was just too much cheesiness and too many clich

Upvote 0
I liked the fact that it was all about marines and aliens slugging it out in an urban combat environment. It was a nice change from 'lumbering alien ships **** **** up' or 'Dakota Fanning cries into the camera while some alien stuff happens in the background', the action was front and center.

Was it cheesy? Hell yes! Did that hamper my enjoyment? Hell no!

I'd comfortably give it a 6.5/10.

Upvote 0
I expected this film to be cheesy and full of cliches which was exactly what it was supposed to do, entertained me.
What the fiddlesticks is wrong with that?
Illogical things in the movie you say, of course, it's an imagination.

My nephew's review when we left the theater, " That was so phony it was awesome!"

Upvote 0
I thought it was entertaining as hell seeing marines and aliens slugging it out in the streets. There was some badass heroic sacrifice moments and I am not sure how anyone could find the action scenes boring, especially the final battle. I didn't have any problems with the acting either since Aaron Eckhart is good in any role.

It's not a masterpiece or anything, but it was a fun movie.

Reactions: Klaus
Upvote 0