• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What car do you drive?

front_left_supersnake.jpg

44723_side_profile.jpg

CSX3015. 'nuff said.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Those cars look fricken awesome McSweetass, but I'm talking about modern day, affordable muscle cars.
OK, let me get this straight. We're to limit it to cars that are cheap, with 'big' motors, handling like noah's ark, and most importatnly having the visual fluff of a prepubescent boy's daydream doodlings?

In that case, the new mustang 302, camaro, et al should fit the bill nicely.
A used BMW m5 or m3 would be a step up in class.
If you're down under, find a holden.

Upvote 0
I have something a bit more economical to own..
From the quite correct appearance, I'm guessing ERA or Superformance? Both very nice - when I started collecting, I had one of the latter built to extreme specs while keeping the external look correct (eg, sequential gearbox but still using the bent shifter) - the real one has become too important / valuable to risk on track. Did you build it yourself?
In any case, fun but dangerous cars to drive, eh? :)

Upvote 0
From the quite correct appearance, I'm guessing ERA or Superformance? Both very nice - when I started collecting, I had one of the latter built to extreme specs while keeping the external look correct (eg, sequential gearbox but still using the bent shifter) - the real one has become too important / valuable to risk on track. Did you build it yourself?
In any case, fun but dangerous cars to drive, eh? :)

It's a Unique Motorcars kit, only have a 351W in it.. but still the traditional 4-spd-toploader, and all the usual kit stuff (backwards speedo, so on..). It's more build as a cruiser, not a racer.. I'm ok with that though.

Ya, if you have a real one, a nice kit can give you the experience at a fraction of the cost.. or if you're like me, simply can't justify a real one :] (but you know this already!).
Sadly, I didn't build it myself, but I was around when my friend did.. he's moving on to airplanes, so I made him an offer.

Definitely a fun car to drive.. I'm very happy with it, and it's made 'driving' actually an enjoyable experience again.. something that 4-door-sedans with Automatics robbed me of :]

Definitely a buyers market for kits right now :]

Upvote 0
OK, let me get this straight. We're to limit it to cars that are cheap, with 'big' motors, handling like noah's ark, and most importatnly having the visual fluff of a prepubescent boy's daydream doodlings?

It's funny that people say this about the new Mustangs...

YouTube - Super Coupes Track Attack! - 2011 Ford Mustang GT vs 2011 BMW M3 Coupe

If you say the new Mustang handles poorly, than your saying the M3 handles poorly too. Because .09 of a second on a road course (1:27.67 M3 vs 1:27.76 GT) is a drivers race. It most definitely does not handle "like Noah's ark". Unless the current M3 does too.

BTW, I'm not attacking the M3. I'm simply showing how far the Mustang has come.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sorry, I only started got into sports cars recently, I'm not totally familiar with them, so basically anything that isn't super expensive sucks?

Upvote 0
Sorry, I only started got into sports cars recently, I'm not totally familiar with them, so basically anything that isn't super expensive sucks?
Good lord no. Fortunately, most sports cars take a huge depreciation hit, so one can be had for reasonable cost just a few years down the road. The reality is, however, that new sports cars tend to be expensive. "muscle car" <> "Sports Car". A quick jaunt in something like a twenty year old Acura (Honda) NSX will give you a taste of real handling, compared to a "Muscle Car".

There are some frankly amazing values in performance cars: Subaru WRX, Mitsubishi EVO, Nissan GTR that will get you the performance of cars many times their cost. When a few years old, these are less costly than a new mustang, etc.

Was the question rhetorical (my assumption), or are you in the market?
If the latter - as the other poster said, get out and test them, find what fits your needs.

Upvote 0
front_left_supersnake.jpg

CSX3015. 'nuff said.

Ouch. I've been smacked down....:eek:

I'm trying to recall a Shelby/Ford collaboration. I haven't been able to find a picture, nor do I recall the year. I saw it in the early '70s so it had to have been a late '60s or early '70's model. The car was the prettiest white with powder blue stripes. One of my '69 z/28 paint jobs was inspired by it. I'm almost certain it was a '69 Shelby Cobra, but I don't recall all the 'busy' I see in pics I find and the stripes were two wide ones on the hood.... Here's a pic of a '69. Its close but not quite. Anyone got any other ideas?
69-Shelby-Mustang-GT500-DV-09_GC-001.jpg

Upvote 0
Perhaps that or a '68. I never was a big fan of the Mustang fastback so I'm not really sure. But perhaps the beauty of the car and Shelby name caught my eye. And I'm sure it was more of a powder blue.....
I'm sure you're aware, these are hugely faked cars. Not usually in a nefarious way, just a popular 'look'. A local has a GT 350 clone, slightly flared, non-standard colors, Shelby emblems. If one did not know better, they might think it a real Shelby flared. Perhaps you saw a well done clone?

Upvote 0