• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Orchestra: Heroes of Flooringrad?

What would be the possibilities of taking advantage of KF's content? I mean, we could always used zombies, cool maps, and cool guns for use in various mods.

I just want to know: What would it take? It's UT04, which is a problem, but is it still possible? Or would it be easier just to make any such content anew?

It just seems like a useful rescource, if possible. And, if it is relatively easy, then I have some plans for a certain Heroes of Flooringrad mod ;).

Reactions: Faneca and u-s-e-r
ut 2.5 or was it 2.0 that they used i have no cluse i assume it wasn't 3.0 doesn't work for the previous ones apparently. (this being what i heard.) so you'd have to remake everything or alot of stuff anyways. :D

also why zombies why not dinosaurs if your gonna make it anew id rather see somthing better than zombies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ut 2.5 or was it 2.0 that they used i have no cluse i assume it wasn't 3.0 doesn't work for the previous ones apparently. (this being what i heard.) so you'd have to remake everything or alot of stuff anyways. :D

also why zombies why not dinosaurs if your gonna make it anew id rather see somthing better than zombies.

well, at this rate, dinos may become cliched ;)

Anyways, genetic experiments leave a lot more up to the author than dinosaurs. I mean, with content from KF, there is a lot more that can be done with it easily than dinosaurs (especially since the latter will be taken a lot less seriously)

Anyways, when it comes to making a throwback to TWI's other games, it's a lot easier to do so with zeds than dinosaurs :p

Upvote 0
Possibly Zeds VS Humans???

Humans have Access to guns and body armor. While zeds Have Access to Special abilities and Default attacks.

This could be really Interesting.

As for Taking advantage of KF content...

I would say no. Because of the following fact The original KF content is for the UT2(.5) Engine and is very low poly. I am NOT saying that it is low Quality. BUT It would be nice/Interesting to see a new KF as a mod just to see where this goes :)

As for New maps - I would suggest a few zombie-esque maps.

As for Great Level Designers I would Suggest - http://www.worldofleveldesign.net/

Great Site for Level Designers for Source and UDK :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Soviets and Germans working together to hold out in the grain elevator! The zombies are coming in from everywhere! Everyone is panicking and shooting! You keep having to retreat up floors to regroup and hold off more waves of zombies! Ammunition is low! What do we do!??!? Ahhhh!!!

Yes, this mod must happen.

Upvote 0
Soviets and Germans working together to hold out in the grain elevator! The zombies are coming in from everywhere! Everyone is panicking and shooting! You keep having to retreat up floors to regroup and hold off more waves of zombies! Ammunition is low! What do we do!??!? Ahhhh!!!

Or, Soviets and Germans fighting each other AND zombies in the grain elevator!

Upvote 0
Or, Soviets and Germans fighting each other AND zombies in the grain elevator!

If this mod were to be made, I can only imagine both of these (2 modes depending on if the teams prefer Co-op or versus gameplay); these would just be awesome o.o. Personally, if I could figure out how to code Unreal, then I would be trying to find a team (if there are any coders left after all these mods). Seriously, imagining 3-sided zombie mayhem in the Grain Elevator convinces me all the more it needs to be done

Upvote 0
Actually, if the HoS mechanics would be implemented, it would make a lot more tactical game than KF. Having to brace your bolt action rifles, intead of the run and gun methods, you would have to make every shot count. And probably funnel the zeds into the killfield of the MG. And tanks.

KO:HoF sounds crazy awesome actually.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well, at this rate, dinos may become cliched ;)

Anyways, genetic experiments leave a lot more up to the author than dinosaurs. I mean, with content from KF, there is a lot more that can be done with it easily than dinosaurs (especially since the latter will be taken a lot less seriously)

Anyways, when it comes to making a throwback to TWI's other games, it's a lot easier to do so with zeds than dinosaurs :p

a good storyWriter/teller can make anything believable. :cool:

Upvote 0
I guess this would be slightly off-topic since you're talking about marrying Killing Floor Zeds with RO's awesomeness (which I think is cool) but, I'm still waiting for a traditional Night of The Living Dead style shambler zombie game. A game where wits are more important than weaponry. In fact the weaponry available would be very rudimentary type objects found in a normal real-world environment. If there were any guns at all there'd be like one .38 special revolver for the whole group with like a starting loadout of 3 bullets or something like that.

A game where it would be suicide to try to confront more than one zombie at a time simply because you don't have weapons that can do massive amounts of carnage quickly.. everyday items you'd find in a normal environment would have to be used to trick or confuse or distract the zombies.. using any particular non-firearm item as a weapon would most likely be futile against a thing that feels no pain and keeps coming even after you've damaged it/him/her. In addition to that, I think a really proper stamina/endurance/fatigue model would be sweet so the players would be dissuaded from using say a found shovel to hit a zombie 347 times in a row until it stops moving. You could maybe hit it 5 or 6 times before you were really winded and couldnt do anymore significant damage or even swing the weapon. Right in line with what a real human could do physically.. you may be able to take out one zombie by repeatedly hitting it in the head with a standard hammer found in a garage, but how long could you really keep that up seeing as how there are 200 other zombies shambling in your direction.

Traditional zombies. The type that get you because of sheer, slow moving numbers, but you can outsmart them or hole-up and keep them at bay for a while. Traditional survivors. Normal, inherently, comparatively weak and oh-so mortal humans. Give them certain objectives to complete etc. (time based survival, functions, travel etc.) Make the players feel fragile and vulnerable to what is happening around them so they act accordingly in game.

Make it dark, yes, literally in terms of lighting, but also in a general atmosphere sense. Long periods of silence followed by the approaching groans of the undead. Zombies where you dont expect them. Huge crowds of shamblers trapping the survivors and trying to break through the doors and windows.. the survivors needing to keep the doors and windows blocked somehow with only the materials found in the building etc.

There's all kinds of creative things that can be done with a basic idea like the classic shambler zombie outbreak.

Upvote 0
Rez have you tried Project Zomboid?

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/

If you can get over that it's isometric 3rd person it is a decent start at a good zombie survival game.

Although I too like the idea of the type of game It would get boring pretty fast. Zombies would become a nuisance then a threat once you fight them off so many times. Then it becomes a game of finding good loot once you are adapt at basic survival.

Upvote 0
Rez have you tried Project Zomboid?

[url]http://projectzomboid.com/blog/[/URL]

If you can get over that it's isometric 3rd person it is a decent start at a good zombie survival game.

Although I too like the idea of the type of game It would get boring pretty fast. Zombies would become a nuisance then a threat once you fight them off so many times. Then it becomes a game of finding good loot once you are adapt at basic survival.

Personally, I think that when you make a game that is pretty much beaten as you get the survival essentials (think of playing minecraft when you do not intend to make lovely creations) it should then have a lot of things that increase the longevity. There could be a persistent stat that decreases and eventually hinders the player(s) such as hunger and the decrease would have to be made up for with food, and food would be in difficult-to-reach places or in serious zombie territory. To get the tiny extra bit of equipment you need to get that food/supply, you'd need to do side-missions of all sorts.

All of this could (should) add up to some greater goal in the game, hell, if the game was set in a very large world (hello there, Outerra engine) the goal would have to be getting to some distant, safe place with no zombies and the game is all about the journey there where you will be using supplies in your group to feed yourselves, protect yourselves, kill zombies to safely acquire the supplies, find AI survivors (this even could be a means of respawning players), fuel up vehicles/aircraft, etc etc. A game could possibly last many days, like a game of Space Empires V or something, perhaps with everyone's progress being saved clientside for all players.

But I'm drifting/rambling away here. :p

Upvote 0