• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Aiming sensitivity fine tuning

SolitarioSoldat

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
USA,Tampa,Florida
Hey guys got a quick question,I've noticed the only sensitivity that there is in the game was the setting bar where is set to 1.50 and i have to adjust it every time server downloads a map....

Now I also noticed,actually I got curious and when I was in game I press ~ key and I noticed the command console showing,sweet.Then I press / key and typed whatever ikugfdegfyhebrfh and I was given unknown command,I did this just to see if there are commands that can be typed in....

What I want to know are there any commands for fine tuning the aiming in this game,for example I remember few from COD such as /m_pitch and others also where you can tune the speed of the aiming when you aim up and down,when you aim left and right.Are there any commands in here for tuning the aiming?

If they are can you please post them in here and more less what are your favorite settings for example the bolt rifle,If I can find the perfect fine tuning for the bolt,for the rest of the weapons I usually use my G5 mice caue if its not bolt weapon I handle in game then its either semi,anipe or full auto.For the semi and full auto I would have 2 more setting on my mice for example the semi would of get a slight faster DPI than the bolt,and the full auto have to be set at little faster DPI than both the bolt and semi since I have to controll the recoil more efficient.For the sniper idk I havent tried it yet in game...

So any help would be appreciative.

Ah yes and I forgot one more thing guys,my biggest problem in this game is TEAMKILLING!!!! Those damn uniforms look some much alike sometimes iven upclose I get killed due to not wanting to kill teammate by mistake,so many enemies I let them by having to just pull my trigger but never can cause it kills me if he is from my team,I just hate negative points...

@Tripwire
Guys please when you polish RO2 make sure that in some way uniforms stick out in difference between AXIS and ALIES,this would mean a lot less team kills.:IS2:

Reactions: wahoo4
This sounds like it should be in the Tech support section of Red Orchestra Ostfront, not Heroes of Stalingrad.

That said, check your settings, and look for mouse sensitivity. You can dial it up or down in there.

You can do it via console, I think the command is "set_sensitivity=x" or something like that. It's a standard Unreal Engine command.

Upvote 0
@SolitarioSoldat

@SolitarioSoldat

SolitarioSoldat, when you adjust mouse sensitivity are you doing it in game or before you go in game?

If you adjust mouse sensitivity during a game, the settings will not be stored so when you join a new map you have to adjust the settings again.

Making the adjustments in the game options menu before you join a game stores the mouse sensitivity setting so you don't have to make new adjustments during the game.

Upvote 0
@Tripwire
Guys please when you polish RO2 make sure that in some way uniforms stick out in difference between AXIS and ALIES,this would mean a lot less team kills.:IS2:

Lets put all Germans in green t-shirts that say I AM A GERMAN and all Soviets in red t-shirts that say I AM A SOVIET.:p

The uniforms should be as they were historically, dirty and somewhat hard to tell apart. Team kills happen, as they did in real life.

Upvote 0
SolitarioSoldat, when you adjust mouse sensitivity are you doing it in game or before you go in game?

If you adjust mouse sensitivity during a game, the settings will not be stored so when you join a new map you have to adjust the settings again.

Making the adjustments in the game options menu before you join a game stores the mouse sensitivity setting so you don't have to make new adjustments during the game.
thanks dude I didnt know about this :D

Lets put all Germans in green t-shirts that say I AM A GERMAN and all Soviets in red t-shirts that say I AM A SOVIET.:p

The uniforms should be as they were historically, dirty and somewhat hard to tell apart. Team kills happen, as they did in real life.
I do too like the fact that they made the uniforms as they were back then,just thought maeby for example the german camo vs the russian can somehow be more easy noticable,so that you can spot the difference between an enemy uniform and your team uniform...

anyways a big NO NO!!!! for the t-shirts idea!!!!:p

Upvote 0

I totally support this. In ROOST Russian uniforms were too yellow and the German ones too green. In late winter maps the uniform both teams should have almost the same colour, since the Germans were wearing basically only enemy or civilian winter clothing.

Upvote 0
The uniforms are historical, they better stay that way.

The devs spent so much time as to make the two sides character models move differently in game i.e: running.
Not to mention headgear, which I think is the prime ID 'help'

These will help you make the identification easier from friend or foe and keep the game realistic

Upvote 0
funny thing is I only found mostly hard to recognise friend from foe in DH mod,maeby cause the maps are larger and distant targets its hard to be recognised...
I do like what they did with RO2,the fact that germans run with their weapon in 1 hand and russians when they run they hold the weapon with both hands,this should be very helpfull in MP,plus they did this on historical events AXIS and ALIES were trained that way.

Upvote 0
Hi all!

Is it possible, to set the mouse sensitivity under 0.25 in the game? I am playing with a mouse on 2000 dpi, and the minimum mouse sensitivity in the game options, which is 0.25. And it's a bit fast.

So is it possible, to go under that?

Yeah, its the Ostfront obviously. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can change your sensitivity to whatever you like in the user.ini file in the Red Orchestra/System folder or via the console. One very useful bind you can use is this (I believe I 'borrowed' this from Schreq back when I started playing):

RightMouse = ROIronSights|setsensitivity 0.30|Onrelease setsensitivity 1.4

When you click and hold the ironsights button, your sensitivity will be reduced (to 0.30 in this case) and when the button is released it will revert back to the higher sensitivity. A second click takes you out of ironsights as normal. Obviously you can assign this to any key you like and you can adjust the sensitivity values to suit.

I highly recommend trying this, it'll greatly help aiming, particularly at small targets.

Upvote 0
You can change your sensitivity to whatever you like in the user.ini file in the Red Orchestra/System folder or via the console. One very useful bind you can use is this (I believe I 'borrowed' this from Schreq back when I started playing):

RightMouse = ROIronSights|setsensitivity 0.30|Onrelease setsensitivity 1.4

When you click and hold the ironsights button, your sensitivity will be reduced (to 0.30 in this case) and when the button is released it will revert back to the higher sensitivity. A second click takes you out of ironsights as normal. Obviously you can assign this to any key you like and you can adjust the sensitivity values to suit.

I highly recommend trying this, it'll greatly help aiming, particularly at small targets.

Thx! I will try it.

Upvote 0