Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > RO2/RS Beta Testing > RO2/RS Beta Testing > Feedback

Feedback This is not Ideas & Suggestions ;p

View Poll Results: Bandaging/bleed-out in Classic Mode?
No. Would hurt gameplay. 15 19.48%
Yes. Wounds cause slow bleed-out that bandaging removes. 12 15.58%
Yes. Wounds cause suppression that bandaging removes or reduces 1 1.30%
Yes. Wounds cause movement, sway, or stamina handicap that bandaging removes/reduces 31 40.26%
Yes. Wounds cause fast bleed-out that quick bandaging removes, as in Action mode. 0 0%
Yes. Wounds cause bleed-out as in Realism Mode. 7 9.09%
Yes. Other implementation. (describe) 11 14.29%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2012, 01:14 AM

Default Poll--Bandaging and Bleed-Out in Classic. Read first post before voting!

Currently, in Classic Mode, when a player is wounded, they take an immediate health hit but can keep on moving without any penalty as long as they were not hit in a leg.

In Realism Mode, a wounded player takes some initial health loss, but bleeds out additional health until they take action to bandage themselves.

In other words, in Realism, a player must bandage after being hit, 'acknowledging', in a way, that they were wounded. Wounding enemies forces them to bandage eventually, briefly removing them from the fight and leaving them vulnerable. This is arguably realistic, and disincentivises getting hit further. In Classic Mode, players can fight without handicap as long as they are alive, regardless of what hits they recieve.

In your opinion, would you like to see bandaging and/or bleed-out return to Classic Mode in a realistically implemented fashion? As Yoshiro posted a poll about re-introducing spawn on SL for Classic Mode, I think it is suitable to discuss the possibility of re-introducing bandaging into Classic Mode, even if bandaging was not a part of Ostfront.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is a link to an existing thread discussing, which lacked a poll:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ad.php?t=78156

~~~~~~~

Clarifications:

Slow bleed-out gives the player enough time to reach cover. i.e. 1 health lost per second (on top of full bullet damage dealt by hit). Otherwise, it is the same as current realism mode bandaging.

Suppression refers to, say, permanant half-suppression. Upon bandaging, the suppression meter recovers and functions as normal.

Movement, sway, and/or stamina handicaps, respectively, decrease movement speed, increase sway, and/or decrease stamina.

Realism Mode bandaging features fast bleed-out and a slower, more time-consuming bandaging animation.

A FINAL APPEAL: While we'd all drool over team bandaging a la ARMA, or some sort of in-game surgery minigame, let's keep alternative suggestions under control, keeping in mind the constraints of developer time and effort. If you feel re-implementing bandaging would take too much dev effort for too little benefit, please vote: "No: Would hurt gameplay."

Classic forever.

Last edited by Nikita; 05-08-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:44 AM

Vote: Yes other implementation (describe)

In my opinion the bandage system should remain. Whenever it were a part of ro classic or not is irrelevant in this case. It's realistic and therefore I like it.

It has indeed to be tweaked though.

The bleeding-out time should be set to about 5 minute instead of 5 seconds.
The longer you wait, the more penalty there will be due to blood loss. The animation and time it takes to apply the bandage should be slow downed drastically and take about 6-7 seconds. When the bandage is applied the bleeding stop. The wound is still there though, and it should still have an affect on running (if legs are injured) and more weaponsway (if arms are injured) and stamina penalty.

Bandaging should not remove these handicaps. It should only reduce it very, very slighly. However, the longer you wait to apply the bandage, the worse the handicap for it will be because of blood loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Penguin View Post
I would rather blowtorch my nipples off than play Action Mode.

Last edited by Cyper; 05-08-2012 at 03:46 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:52 AM

I agree with Cyper, that would be perfect.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:57 AM
TWIL Section Admin Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyper View Post

In my opinion the bandage system should remain. Whenever it were a part of ro classic or not is irrelevant in this case. It's realistic and therefore I like it.

The longer you wait, the more penalty there will be due to blood loss. The animation and time it takes to apply the bandage should be slow downed drastically and take about 6-7 seconds. When the bandage is applied the bleeding stop. The wound is still there though, and it should still have an affect on running (if legs are injured) and more weaponsway (if arms are injured) and stamina penalty.

Bandaging should not remove these handicaps. It should only reduce it very, very slighly. However, the longer you wait to apply the bandage, the worse the handicap for it will be because of blood loss.
That actually sounds like a really good solution. I'm with Cyper.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:18 AM

"No. Would hurt gameplay."

RO Classic's goal is to offer a gameplay similar to RoOST. So i can't stand to see a soldier running, getting shot, instant stop walking and apply his bandage and start to run again in RO 'Classic', NO.

Quote:

Your idea is very good, really, but as you said, it's a realistic feature (or tweaked feature) and it would be better to see your idea in Realism and not in RO Classic.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:34 AM

Quote:
RO Classic's goal is to offer a gameplay similar to RoOST
So you didn't understood at all the problems here. Even Rammjaeger finally recognised what "we" (0.01) wanted.

We want a ROOST game play for base then something that improve it and push forward. Not just a reskinned Roost, no. An evolved and better ROost: RO2 Classic; yes.

An example with the running transition, we wanted the better RO2 one, not the old Roost system. Now, it's done.
Suppression is very more pronounced and improved from Roost in classic.
Does it hurt gameplay if i can fire trough walls with a machine-gun?

Voted yes.

Last edited by Vyllis; 05-08-2012 at 05:39 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:42 AM

I voted "Yes other implementation"

I always liked the idea of bandaging, but in ROHOS it just happens way too fast.

So if it were introduced again, slow down the bandaging and bleedout (5 min is too much though, most players will have been killed several times over by then) and introduce some penalties.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyllis View Post
So you didn't understood at all the problems here. Even Rammjaeger finally recognised what "we" (0.01) wanted.

We want a ROOST game play for base then something that improve it and push forward. Not just a reskinned Roost, no. An evolved and better ROost: RO2 Classic; yes.

An example with the running transition, we wanted the better RO2 one, not the old Roost system. Now, it's done.
Suppression is very more pronounced and improved from Roost in classic.
Does it hurt gameplay if i can fire trough walls with a machine-gun?

Voted yes.
Bandaging system will not improve RO Classic, but it will totally change, destroy ROOST gameplay's base you started with, thought.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:07 AM

With all due respect, it is ROHOS Classic, not ROOST
Old 05-08-2012, 09:12 AM

Ive never liked bandaging although it is greatly improved in the realism beta. Id like to see severe penalties for getting hit in the arm like dropping your weapon, uncontrollable sway. Only a few seconds of consecutive ironsighting before your arms are drained of energy and you are forced back to hipfire. You can use the sights again after resting a couple of seconds or by bracing your weapon.
Bandaging should be a complex and lengthy thing and in my opinion it would need a complete overhaul. Id rather see above mentioned penalties implemented. If anybody however comes up with a working system, Im all for it.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:22 AM

I'd like it as it is in the (beta) Realism mode.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korn-Y View Post
"No. Would hurt gameplay."

RO Classic's goal is to offer a gameplay similar to RoOST. So i can't stand to see a soldier running, getting shot, instant stop walking and apply his bandage and start to run again in RO 'Classic', NO.

Your idea is very good, really, but as you said, it's a realistic feature (or tweaked feature) and it would be better to see your idea in Realism and not in RO Classic.
Now, in Ostfront, you'd see a soldier running, getting shot, and just keep running... you'd also get into a rifle duel with an enemy, only wound him, and then get killed as the enemy ignored the wound and shot back. You get hit in the upper arm, the chest, or even in the head in Ostfront, and as long as you survive, you can just ignore it and keep playing normally. I believe what people are trying to say here is that bandaging improves upon that.

If implemented properly, you wouldn't see the soldier stop, bandage, and run onwards. They'd run to cover to bandage because bleed-out time was longer, or they'd sit there in the open bandaging for seven seconds or so, letting you line up the kill shot.

Classic forever.

Last edited by Nikita; 05-08-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korn-Y View Post
... So i can't stand to see a soldier running, getting shot, instant stop walking and apply his bandage and start to run again in RO 'Classic', NO.
If that were me, shooting him again while he was stopped would come to my mind. Why don't others think of this???

I say "Kill him till he is dead!"
Old 05-08-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
I have a feeling the in-game average life expectancy is far shorter.

Make that one minute, two at most and you have me sold.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:35 PM

Combination of: Wounds cause movement, sway, or stamina handicap that bandaging removes/reduces AND Wounds cause suppression that bandaging removes or reduces would be perfect
Old 05-08-2012, 01:12 PM

I voted "Yes: Other Implementation"

For starters, the wounding/bandaging system tried to resolve an issue with Ost that many of us found ridiculous: getting shot and not having much if any penalty for it. Wounding/bandaging AS RELEASED was a poor implementation of a good idea.

I think I'd like to see the bandaging time increased (as it has been in the beta realism mode), along with some suppression effect from the time you are hit until you get patched up. In fact, that uniform system could be implemented for Classic and Realism and I'd be fine with it. The main thing is that the time it took to bandage and the penalty you paid for being hit was ALWAYS too small in HoS as it was released. That is being remedied and I like the direction it's heading in.

With other polls of this nature I have taken the tack of "if it was not in Ost, then leave it out of Classic". Not here.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:38 PM

Voted no.

Sounded like a good idea before I tried it. I can imagine that "Yes. Wounds cause movement, sway, or stamina handicap that bandaging removes/reduces" might work well but I would have to try it beforehand. Maybe a general handicap wherever you get hit + location specific on top of it.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:02 PM

Wounding should cause bleeding relative to the injury, a throat shot may bleed 10 times worse than a leg shot etc. Bandaging should stop the bleeding.
(although I would prefer if it wasn't stopped as soon as bandaging began)

I also want to see disabilities, such as minor movement penalties for leg wounds, aiming difficulties from bone-impacting arm wounds, and suppression on hit.

The more serious non-lethal injuries become, the more players will fear being hit. This is really important to the whole concept of suppression.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Rising Storm Team

Damage wise I think it should be as in classic.

However when shot in the foot or hand in classic or whatever, you should have heavy sway issues, reduced movement speed or anything else until you bandage.

So while bandaging does not affect health or make you less likely to die or not, make the game have negative side effects until you bandage.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:03 PM

Other - Bandaging only stops bleed out, all other effects from your wound, sway, movement etc. stay until you are killed.