Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS News and Announcements > News and Announcements

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.  
Old 04-21-2012, 06:44 PM

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:54 AM

I wish I could be more optimistic (because I always like new, free stuff added to a game I love to play, as it adds longevity). But to be completely honest I couldn't care less about any of the new features, the new map or the new game mode.

All I want is bug fixes at this point.

Especially correct hit registration and the disappearing inventory bug.

I really, really hope these things are fixed with the next patch.

There is no use adding new stuff (gamemode/map/whatnot) when the base game doesn't function properly (yet).

As I said, I wish I could be more optimistic. Is there a list of bugfixes that are in the upcoming patch I can read somewhere ?

Last edited by Papa Lazarou; 04-22-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Lazarou View Post
I wish I could be more optimistic (because I always like new, free stuff added to a game I love to play, as it adds longevity). But to be completely honest I couldn't care less about any of the new features, the new map or the new game mode.

All I want is bug fixes at this point.

Especially correct hit registration and the disappearing inventory bug.

I really, really hope these things are fixed with the next patch.

There is no use adding new stuff (gamemode/map/whatnot) when the base game doesn't function properly (yet).

As I said, I wish I could be more optimistic. Is there a list of bugfixes that are in the upcoming patch I can read somewhere ?
Sure. Read the first post. There is a link to the change log.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
Sure. Read the first post. There is a link to the change log.
Yeah I saw a change log for the 'April 18th Beta Patch' but I would like a complete list of all the fixes in the upcoming patch for the base game. Is there one ?

Ok, I will admit: I'm looking forward to the MP Campaign .

But looking forward to fixes way more than that though.

Last edited by Papa Lazarou; 04-22-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:35 PM

Really liking the new map MamayevKurgan. In my opinion it is one of the finest maps that TWI has produced and whoever made it, Cheers.

It has such a good combination of all types of infantry combat and the whole atmosphere of the map is just simply incredible.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:31 PM

Sounds great!

I would like to make a small request of TWI, if you don't mind: Would it be possible for us to get a few days, or perhaps even as long as a weeks notice of when the Free Weekend will be? I ask this so that those of us in large gaming communities will have some time to get the word out among our members.

Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication TWI, this is one fan that appreciates it!
Old 04-27-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindkill View Post
Sounds great!

I would like to make a small request of TWI, if you don't mind: Would it be possible for us to get a few days, or perhaps even as long as a weeks notice of when the Free Weekend will be? I ask this so that those of us in large gaming communities will have some time to get the word out among our members.

Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication TWI, this is one fan that appreciates it!
+1! Some advance notice will help out those who already support you guys, support you even more by getting the word out to our clan mates who haven't tried the game yet.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:04 AM

Very nice! i cant wait to return to the game! Last played on November i think, waiting for a classic mode and online campaign to be implemented. Keep it up, TWI guys!
Old 05-03-2012, 02:26 AM

Has there been and chatter about when the patch will be released.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:59 AM

I'd be interested to know how successful free weekends are in terms of your average gamer (whoever he or she is) - I for one have never been tempted to download an 8+ GB game because it's free for two days. Sometimes it'll take me half the night to download it anyway, and I don't have unlimited bandwidth. (I know a lot of people here probably do, but I'm sure plenty of people with standard family internet packages like me don't).
Old 05-05-2012, 01:46 AM
Rising Storm Team

They usually work pretty well.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapid View Post
I'd be interested to know how successful free weekends are in terms of your average gamer (whoever he or she is) - I for one have never been tempted to download an 8+ GB game because it's free for two days. Sometimes it'll take me half the night to download it anyway, and I don't have unlimited bandwidth. (I know a lot of people here probably do, but I'm sure plenty of people with standard family internet packages like me don't).
Yeah, its true. Maybe free weekend should remain for even one week if its possible..
Old 05-05-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojuz View Post
Yeah, its true. Maybe free weekend should remain for even one week if its possible..
I'd like to see that as well. A free weekend is excellent, but a few more days could really let people sink their teeth into the game. I don't doubt a lot of the new players will have a hard time getting their head around RO2 for a little bit. Pair that with consistently getting their butts handed to them by the vets, and some might leave out of frustration.

If given the opportunity to really learn the game, free of charge, for a few extra days, it could allow new players to get a better feel for the game.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowskwoz View Post
I'd like to see that as well. A free weekend is excellent, but a few more days could really let people sink their teeth into the game. I don't doubt a lot of the new players will have a hard time getting their head around RO2 for a little bit. Pair that with consistently getting their butts handed to them by the vets, and some might leave out of frustration.

If given the opportunity to really learn the game, free of charge, for a few extra days, it could allow new players to get a better feel for the game.
True that. RO ain't exactly a call of duty like game that you learn in 1 hour. There is much more going on.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:33 AM

Well, as others have said I hope there is some sort of announcement prior to the weekend, otherwise how will the average player who doesn't own the game know? Honestly, the only time I notice a game having a free weekend is when I open up my game library in Steam and see some unknown game there waiting to be downloaded with a time limit on it. I think I do that once every other week

Hopefully TWI will make a big deal about it, get the old players back and get new ones interested as well.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:19 AM

I always thought free weekends allowed you to D/L the day before it started?
Old 05-08-2012, 01:06 PM

No Free Weekens mean that (usually from friday till monday evening) a game is free to download and free to play for a weekend. In that time people can check out out a game and decide if they want to buy it, this is usually combined with a discount from the price of the game.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by =GG= Mr Moe View Post
Well, as others have said I hope there is some sort of announcement prior to the weekend, otherwise how will the average player who doesn't own the game know? Honestly, the only time I notice a game having a free weekend is when I open up my game library in Steam and see some unknown game there waiting to be downloaded with a time limit on it. I think I do that once every other week

Hopefully TWI will make a big deal about it, get the old players back and get new ones interested as well.
This^^ Also Steam's news page(headlines only) is where I head every time I open steam,,give a quick scan to headlines to see whats what,,,,
Old 05-09-2012, 08:54 AM

I guess what will happen from Tripwire is that it will be announced over steam, like already mentioned, but they will also contact the press. What we can do is telling people we know and post it in gaming forums etc.

This is the last developer post in this thread.   #40  
Old 05-09-2012, 10:48 AM
In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeFirst View Post
I guess what will happen from Tripwire is that it will be announced over steam, like already mentioned, but they will also contact the press. What we can do is telling people we know and post it in gaming forums etc.
Exactly!

Pretty, what do we blow up first? - Myn Donos