All servers report back increasingly high pings?
I'm wondering if anyone else has heard of this problem, has had it themselves, or can help me.
Basically, I've been playing KF for over a year now and have never had this problem before. I'm assuming it may have something to do with a change I made on my PC but I don't know what it could have been, considering that I believe the issue is network related.
Started happening about 2-3 weeks ago. When I launch KF through Steam and check my favorite servers, I notice the pings are 200-300, where normally they are anywhere between 56-80. If I query the main list with all available games, all servers show up as 200-300+.
If I shut down the game and come back to it later, the pings on my favorite servers will be 600-1000 and the main list will reflect the same.
Troubleshooting done already:
- When I restart my PC or my router, log back into Steam, and launch KF the pings are back to normal. But then they progressively get higher and higher, especially if I leave the game and shut it down and then come back to it later.
- I did a speed test and my results were what they would normally be.
- Checked other games and had no issues.
- Checked streaming Youtube and other sites, seemed normal.
- Checked Firewall settings to make sure KF was being allowed (which it should have been originally anyway)
- Ran a virus scan and came back with nothing.
ISP is Verizon FiOS
Location: Residential neighborhood Baltimore, MD
Two other PCs in the house:
PC A is a desktop that is rarely used, but is connected to the router.
PC B is a Macbook Pro that is used commonly by a family member on WiFi. However, every time this problem happens, I have checked to see how much bandwith they are using and normally they're just doing something like surfing Facebook or Youtube.
Any ideas? Thanks for any help or suggestions guys