Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS General > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 01:55 AM

Default The Population Savour

I think realistically the only thing which will drag people back to the game again is the RO2 mods and Rising Storm, i doubt we are going to get flooded with players from updates but it will help to keep the population more stable and bring back lurkers etc so the games arent useless by any means.

So to the Rising Storm Team.... GIVE EM HELL!

Anyone else feel the same?

p.s i missed spelt savior

Last edited by Machinist; 05-02-2012 at 01:57 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
I think realistically the only thing which will drag people back to the game again is the RO2 mods and Rising Storm
Then Rising storm will save RO 2 ? Why RO 2 can't save simply RO 2 ?
Old 05-02-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
I think realistically the only thing which will drag people back to the game again is the RO2 mods and Rising Storm, i doubt we are going to get flooded with players from updates but it will help to keep the population more stable and bring back lurkers etc so the games arent useless by any means.

About the only thing that should bring players back would be free mods like Rising Storm and In Country. Players aren't going to be duped paying for bugs again.

I also feel that those two mods should allow MASSIVE beta testing by the community...testing not playing.

PSS: Misspelled <-------
Old 05-02-2012, 12:26 PM

I disagree.

Mods may bring in old players and some new, but updates will also definitely bring in old players. Have you not been reading the forums filled with people who say they will come back when x issue is solved (many of which have been solved in the Beta), or are waiting for Classic mode?

And free weekends and sales will bring in new players.

The question is whether they stay, and for how long.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:50 PM

I disagree too. The only disappointment for with RO2 was the number of maps. ROOST opened with 16 maps (although it felt like a lot more). Glitches aside, I think this single factor has been the main cause for the sharp drop in numbers.

I'm still playing though; occasionally.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:40 PM

ummm can someone explain what is going on? ive been away since i bought the game on release because the game blew and population sunk to practically 0 players. what is classic what is action. why is there a beta. what the hell is going on?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:

i dont think so
Old 05-02-2012, 06:03 PM

classic mode will probably bring me back...for a bit. the maps are rather lackluster and without APC's i dont see big maps coming out anytime soon.

But hey, we get 2 light tanks that will likely rot away in the unoccupied gumrak maps just like the last 2 tanks...
Old 05-02-2012, 07:43 PM

This game will make it along fine with all the updates and mods. It can only increase its longevity and playability for years to come. IMO anyway

http://LMCgaming.com
Old 05-02-2012, 08:08 PM

New content more than anything else will keep players interested. Games have ever shortening lifespans in this crowded marketplace.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:09 AM

I think with the upcoming classic, mode that also will (hopefully) bring features like the online campaign mode, combined with a free weekend and maybe a steam sale we will get a fair ammount of new and interested players. After that Tripwire should work on more content. Like new maps, vehicles etc.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [UDF]eql View Post
ummm can someone explain what is going on? ive been away since i bought the game on release because the game blew and population sunk to practically 0 players. what is classic what is action. why is there a beta. what the hell is going on?
At risk of falling victim to a troll...

I could link you to some threads, but at this point it becomes a lot of reading.

To sum up, Classic is a new mulitplayer mode that is a concession to RO:Ost. fans who complained about things like run speed, lockdown, spawn on squad leader, weapon sway, shift-zoom, unlocks, and weapon loadouts. All those things and more have been variously removed or tweaked, to great fanfare by many. Action mode, at the other end of the spectrum, is a "spare time" experiment on the part of some of the devs to possibly make relaxed mode more casual than it is, to sharpen the contrast between the 3 basic modes the game will offer. For Action mode the main difference is 3 things: it has crosshairs, no more free aim, and players take more damage (or guns do less damage, I forget which).

The beta has always been around to test various things, especially stress tests on server tweaks, but has become the proving ground for Classic mode and various gameplay tweaks to Realism modes, the new map, and briefly to test Action mode. I could be wrong, but it seems like most or all updates to the game will see a test run in the beta.

You can find all the changelogs for Classic and Realism mode in the sticky threads here:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...play.php?f=123

And a discussion of Action mode here:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ad.php?t=78111

Last edited by MarioBava; 05-03-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:29 PM

oh god so their going to make it like OSTFRONT?!
how is it panning out? I hope its alot like ostfront. I was so sad when heroes came out and sucked because it killed ostfront ;(

can anyone get the beta off steam? are there alot of classic servers up?
Old 05-03-2012, 12:42 PM

There are two servers for Beta (one Classic, one Realism currently) available for download to anyone who owns Red Orchestra 2. Number of people varies with time.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:53 PM

rising storm isn't going to save ro2. when you guys see how good it is, you'll all be fighting in the pacific.
Closed Thread