Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS General > General Discussion

Old 04-28-2012, 04:03 PM

Default A Tale of Woe

In some RO2 scenarios, nothing seems to go right. Your bullets don't even register. Then there are times when it all falls into place.
We are on the second floor of the Grain Elevator, with a PPSH-41 Papasha. The Germans have pushed us out of all but the last stronghold. We brace ourselves for the attack that we know is coming. Then it starts. We hold the temp. stairwell and force the Germans up the main stairway. Bots are screaming, humans are screaming, it's hand to hand. I empty two drum magazines in a matter of seconds. The bodies on both sides pill up faster than the game can dissolve them. We actually kill every attacking German attacker and quiet sets in. The silence is profound. Everyone checks their ammo and awaits the respone/coounter-attack. It comes shortly and again, it's a melee. Screaming, rifle butts to the face, grenades everywhere. I just hit my 38 kill, one of my best and then .....................................the server crashes. Can you believe that
What a bummer, but it was one of the most exciting games I have every played on RO2.
`swamp

Last edited by swampy11; 04-28-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:21 PM

Ah, the joys of multiplayer gaming.

Gotta love the inconsistency.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:05 PM

Well, it's better to have loved and lost than... I don't know, does it even apply? I guess what I'm trying to say is that at least we get these moments, and they are sweet indeed, especially since you can never give the feeling you had at that time to others, so it's just a sweet memory.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:44 AM

Cool story bro.