• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Breach

I'm surprised you were the first to mention this. That bullet whiz sound is awful, just awful. Twum, twum twum twum. Twum Twum. What the hell was that sound based off of lol?
They remind me a lot of what it used to sound like when we played army using our pellet guns. You could hear a Sheridan 5.5mm pellet coming at you. vvvvvuuhhmmm. Do not try this at home boys and girls. Professional morons were used during play.

Reactions: EvilAmericanMan
Upvote 0
Well I went ahead and bought the game for 11+€s.

There should be Dedicated servers soon, I've only played TDM (gota start somewhere) on the lowest ping I could find 80/90 and didn't have any visible lag, warping, tho I'm not sure about hit detection, I'll check this out later.

The auto cover is useful to scan the environment and is pretty well done.

There is no tactical map as we have seen in the video's, at least on the server I was on. I'll check this out later.

I thought that this would be a mass destruction fest, not so but it does have its problems for example : a wooden bridge bridge collapsed about 15 meters in front of me (spectacular) the debris disappeared after *** seconds, for about 10 seconds after that when trying to fire through the disappeared debris, magically reappeared and blocked my shots!
This is probably a sync between game and player setting problem.
I'll check this out later :p.

The game seriously lacks some form of voip but this can be fixed with TS I imagine. It is needed to organize the team play into something tactical...
Yes folks, the game does have tactical shooter potential, if I'm not mistaken.

One thing I do not like is the fact that the game uses your local language settings for the in game text and main screen menu, sucks, Steam settings have no control over this and is not in anyway a game breaker, its just the first time I've encountered this sucker.

This is not a review, just a heads up.
At the time of going to press I do not regret my purchase.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoxNoctum and fOgGy
Upvote 0
Uhh which demo??

Xbox I imagine.

I like...
The game play (slowly does it)
The cover system (not seen any wall hack effects and is an essential part of game play)
The destruction (blowing bridges is a tactic, like it or not)

The graphics are ok, the maps are well adapted, I like the snowy one (Summit).

I've played on about 5 different servers, only one had a serious tele-porting/lag problem, although it figured a good ping in the server browser.

It seems that if you have a non supported language you will get no on-screen text whatsoever, I'm referring to a Japanese guy who has posted on the Breach game forums.

Needs stand alone dedi server files fast.

Upvote 0
This game gets more enjoyable each time I play it. Really does need the dedicated servers. Also on the breach forums the devs show interest in increasing the player count.

Yeah I get this too, it has so many flaws but still I keep coming back, it's just one of those games.

Might be how the destructivity and cover system work together to naturally create a feeling that the entire squad is in it together, hiding behind a rock wall with a teammate while praying an rpg doesn't blow it up creates a weird sort of intimacy (not in that way).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, I play it on xbox, because I can't afford a half decent pc, and the problem with the matchmaking is that players have the option to host the game or not, which paired with petty little xbox fanboys means a game browser saturated with games where there's only one player and I have to sift through the whole lot to find a good game, of which there are only 2 or 3 at a time, also, no host migration in-game.

Upvote 0
Can't connect to anything :(
I've added it to my firewall exception list.
Still have some more troubleshooting to do.

This is the main problem at the moment I'm afraid.

I can usually get on a server for a couple of rounds and then "poof" disconnected. I no longer take notice of the player count in the browser, its false. Re-setting the filter seems to help sometimes, although I have not altered anything.

I am suspicious of the handguns being over powered, in fact I am certain after being killed from what seemed to be 150/200 meters away, boom HEADSHOT...

Once again I'm getting pawned left right & center by what are certainly younger players than myself but I have not noticed a CS kiddie attitude as of yet.

I recommend HardCore Team Survivor to sort the men from the boy's...

Needs dedi stand alone server files and voip fast.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0