• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

General Firearm Discussion

VZ.58s seem like nice rifles. Feels pretty light, quality seems good to.

Not too expensive here, I would consider getting one if I had extra cash. Too bad they do not take AK mags.

Yep, I know that Vz58 and AK Variant parts aren't interchangeable, as they only look the same, and I've heard spare parts are either hard to come by.

I don't really see those being problems as I cant see why I would need more than two or three mags and I don't see how often I would need to replace parts.

Upvote 0
Some furry posted this recently:

sp101tiger.jpg

Upvote 0
Which shotgun do you guys like better? Remington or Mossberg?

Depends on what you want. If you're looking at pump action, I've got some experience with both. We had Mossy 500's as issue weapons in the Navy, and I used to own a Rem 870. The Mossy was reliable, I suppose, but the fit and finish on them wasn't that great. The action felt a little sloppy, I guess is the best way to put it. The 870 I had - it was a Wingmaster with a 28" barrel - was silky smooth. Wood was high quality, and it pointed just beautifully. Good patterns. BUT it's a hell of a lot more expensive than the 500 was, so I guess you get what you pay for. Only real gripe I had with the 870 was that the fore-end was a little chunky, so it took some getting used to. (My previous 12ga was a very old Springfield 67F, so I was used to a much smaller grip when pumping.)

I don't have a shotgun right now, unfortunately. I'm planning to buy one in the next couple months, though, and I think I'm going to get a Saiga 12. :IS2:

Upvote 0
wait, what?!?!?!?!? When the hell did that happen?!?!?!?!

Been reading that on the internet. Have no idea if it is true or not. Something about the ATF making new import restrictions though. Might want to look through this:

http://www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/012611-study-on-importality-of-certain-shotguns.pdfhttp://www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/012611-study-on-importality-of-certain-shotguns.pdf

Been looking online, and the prices do seem to have went up a bit. I guess if you have some money to spare, might as well get one before people panic buy... even if there really is no import ban.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Been reading that on the internet. Have no idea if it is true or not. Something about the ATF making new import restrictions though. Might want to look through this:

http://www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/012611-study-on-importality-of-certain-shotguns.pdfhttp://www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/012611-study-on-importality-of-certain-shotguns.pdf

Been looking online, and the prices do seem to have went up a bit. I guess if you have some money to spare, might as well get one before people panic buy... even if there really is no import ban.

No, there's no import ban. Yet.

There's been some noise for a while about the ATF trending in that direction, but it hasn't happened yet. That was just a study that they did. I thought you were saying that they'd already acted on the study, you scared the crap outta me!

Upvote 0
From aforementioned url:

Sporting Purpose

Determination of whether a firearm is generally accepted for use in sporting purposes is the
responsibility of the Attorney General (formerly the Secretary of the Treasury). As in the
previous studies, the working group considered the historical context of “sporting purpose” and
that Congress originally intended a narrow interpretation of sporting purpose under

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, there's no import ban. Yet.

There's been some noise for a while about the ATF trending in that direction, but it hasn't happened yet. That was just a study that they did. I thought you were saying that they'd already acted on the study, you scared the crap outta me!

Good to know I misread it wrong. I guess they might be going in that direction then (eventually)? Wouldn't surprise me, because isn't the SPAS-12 pretty much a pump shotgun with most load/shell types? And they banned that from import didn't they?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Floyd, what you quoted there is the legalese equivalent of a Dick and Jane story. You should see some of the stuff we come across in school.

Good to know I misread it wrong. I guess they might be going in that direction then (eventually)? Wouldn't surprise me, because isn't the SPAS-12 pretty much a pump shotgun with most load/shell types? And they banned that from import didn't they?

The SPAS-12 is semi auto, primarily. The pump action is mostly for things like beanbag rounds, or other very low pressure loads. Most normal loads are going to be semi-auto, though.

I really don't see what the problem is with the SPAS, aside from the way it looks. It's not really any different from most other semi-auto shotguns on the market except in its appearance. The Saiga, by contrast ...

Upvote 0
I really don't see what the problem is with the SPAS, aside from the way it looks. It's not really any different from most other semi-auto shotguns on the market except in its appearance. The Saiga, by contrast ...

Yeah, I think that is why everyone is getting scared. Still, its not like we can't buy rifles with 30 round mags (in other states) already.

Upvote 0
Well, for the same reason you shouldn't go hunting with a Browning M2, don't go hunting with a Saiga 12 with a drum magazine and a folding stock.

Not sure what the fuss is about.

Unless you're really into blasting forest creatures into a fine red mist.

Hunting's fun, sure, but I'd rather do practical shooting instead. I mean, I have no problem eating Bambi or Daffy - they're tasty as hell - but there's a lot less sport there than in some other aspects of shooting.

Upvote 0