Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Killing Floor Forums > Killing Floor General > General Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-26-2012, 09:11 AM
BenioX BenioX is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Poland
Posts: 2,014
Default The Five noobs

Edit: As you see I changed title so people won't go "OMFG I did not read thread but I read title and I dislike it".
Edit2: DAMN! The title of thread didn't change, I wanted change it to "The Five noobs".

So, I joined a Normal difficulty server which was running RE1 Mansion Story. 5 French people were playing on this. I spawned at beginning of wave 2, as firebug lv6, took deagle, then realised all those 5 people were lvl 1 and 2. Now, skipping boring part, near end of wave 2 I had no ammo (as team mates were stealing all em crates) and I had to go back for new flamethrower. When I picked up new flamer, I just clicked TAB and saw that all team mates died meanwhile I went for flame thrower and that I was top killer at the same time. I was coming back to kill the monsters with my new flame thrower, and the team mates started calling me a noob. I explained, and even said many times before, that they steal all ammo and I'll need to go back for new flamethrower. They or didn't listen, or didn't understand english well, as most of their sentences sounded like "You noob stupid, not save team!" and such sentences.

The next waves looked pretty much same - I killed most of the monsters, team mates were saying "stop you noob" and most of time they were simply dying while I saved their asses. I checked, because I was curious, if there was even kick vote possible on the server, and it wasn't, so most likely that was why I wasn't kicked yet. Well, at beginning of last wave all team mates died (mostly due to putting pipes all over the place and exploding on them, or from grenades). They started spamming "noob" and well, I died near end of the wave from fleshpound and scrake. Next map they voted was The Hive V2FC. Although, 3 people didn't have the map so we had to wait like 5 mins. When they joined, we started playing. I was berserker lv6. Everyone took weapons so I had none left, then I looked around and everyone was already in elevator so I was running, then they went by elevator down without me laughing insanely and spamming "insult player". What could I've done? Well, I simply suicided and waited for spawn at wave 2. Now, I bet you guys are wondering why I didn't quit the server. Reason? I wanted pay back for their assholeness right then. When I spawned on wave 2, I rushed to elevator leaving team mates with scrake and fp, started the bomb, killed pretty much everything myself until team realised how to get the elevator back. When the doors were closing from the end of wave 2, 2 guys made it on time, 1 died in doors being squished with message that I killed him, then the rest was closed out so they suicided with grenades after like 30 seconds. Of course team mates started spamming noob, and the guy who got squished by doors said "Ban. Bye". I waited like 5 mins and laughed as I wasn't banned and waited for elevator to start. When I went in elevator, 2 guys made it too, before I started going up, then I went out elevator and rushed to Patriarch meanwhile those 2 guys came back down for the rest of team. As I started fight with Patriarch, the are closed off for team mates so they couldn't "help" me. 4 of them died, only 1 survived, and realised he can't go to fight patriach, so he blew up himself to look at me fighting Patriarch (I used axe and xbow). Meanwhile they started a vote to change map, and even bigger fail - 5 votes and yet it didn't change map, they needed me to vote as well, so I was laughing so hard it was not easy to aim Patriarch's head with xbow, but I managed to down him 3 times, then after all his heals I decided it became too boring and attacked him with axe. The guy who said he gonna "Ban" me, said it again, "Ban, bye bye noob" which made me laugh even more as I was fighting Patriarch like 10 minutes waiting for the ban which never happened. Then, oddly enough, Patriarch killed me with 65 hp left (1% if I am correct). Team mates started laughing and again spamming that I am a noob. Of course I left after

Now, why did I even post this?
1. Because it was way too funny to not tell what happened to others!
2. So those guys will be exposed to the community - although I forgot the names of those guys, I remember like 3 of them, Blackhawk, Apaxx and Stay Cool.
3. Well, simply because I don't know how to handle strong feelings such as those I had while playing with them so I had to "burst it out" ^^"

EDIT: Since people started asking why I even played on Normal - my pc lags too much so Hard + are very annoying and 2nd why is because I wanted play RE1 mansion, and that was only game with RE1 mansion AND ping lower than 100.

Last edited by BenioX; 04-27-2012 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Title change... fail...
  #2  
Old 04-26-2012, 09:15 AM
C_Gibby's Avatar
C_Gibby C_Gibby is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Awaiting a renewed KF
Posts: 6,444
Default

What does the fact that someone is french have to do with it?
__________________

  #3  
Old 04-26-2012, 09:21 AM
BenioX BenioX is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Poland
Posts: 2,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Gibby View Post
What does the fact that someone is french have to do with it?
As I said, if someone has better idea for title I'm open.
  #4  
Old 04-26-2012, 09:22 AM
CandleJack's Avatar
CandleJack CandleJack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: VIC
Posts: 3,408
Default

Well that was funny.

Are you sure they weren't Brazilian? It seems to me they're the stereotypcial noob player.
__________________
203.217.24.135 - [}{] Killing Floor Legion server
  #5  
Old 04-26-2012, 09:23 AM
BenioX BenioX is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Poland
Posts: 2,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleJack View Post
Are you sure they weren't Brazilian? It seems to me they're the stereotypcial noob player.
Well, I think "Merci" and "Salut" are French words, aren't they
  #6  
Old 04-26-2012, 09:38 AM
Benjamin Benjamin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,633
Default

Cool rage story bro. It is clear that you just weren't good enough to play with them.
  #7  
Old 04-26-2012, 09:43 AM
kablooie!'s Avatar
kablooie! kablooie! is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenioX View Post
As I said, if someone has better idea for title I'm open.
Angry Pole?

jk
__________________
  #8  
Old 04-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Necro-71 Necro-71 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 186
Default

I dont get, why would u go with lvl 6 perk on normal diff server (even if it was mission). U ware expecting there pro player team? Noob
  #9  
Old 04-26-2012, 09:45 AM
BenioX BenioX is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Poland
Posts: 2,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Cool rage story bro. It is clear that you just weren't good enough to play with them.
Not weird to see this coment from a French guy
But no, it's not that they are French which made me mad or anything, it's just their attitude and way they played. Fact they're French is just more like "if you see someone speaking/writing French, with one of the names I listed here, be prepared to be called a noob and see them wiped all the time"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necro-71 View Post
I dont get, why would u go with lvl 6 perk on normal diff server (even if it was mission). U ware expecting there pro player team? Noob
Reason is because I lag alot (bad PC I blame!) and that makes me unable to enjoy Hard+ as I die instantly anytime I get a lag. And aside from that, why'd anyone play lower difficulties, even though already played hardest and got achievments on those? Why do I keep seeing lvl 6 even on beginner? Reason is simple: lower difficulties are as well fun to play, for high perks it's chance to help lower ones, relax, not rush anything, stay calm. At Hard + I barelly hold myself tight, you know, I got a sickness which gets worse anytime I get stressed even a bit and I rather stay among livings lol. Sometimes I join Hard +, depending on mood. Well, actually THIS game I joined was just for the map - that was the best ping server with the map I wanted play.

Last edited by BenioX; 04-26-2012 at 09:50 AM.
  #10  
Old 04-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Undedd Jester's Avatar
Undedd Jester Undedd Jester is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sheffield, England
Posts: 2,887
Default

This is gonna sound very bad off the bat, but honestly bear with me.

Generally I don't like playing with French people, not just in KF, but in any game I've ever played, however its not because I dislike the French or anything. Quite simply French gamers are... odd... for lack of a better word.

I can't really explain it very well in KF terms, so I'll try and explain it in other games. Essentially French gamers are typically very anti logical, but have alot of skill. It is very, very hard to predict what they are gonna do, both playing with them and playing against them.

Take Counter Strike as an example. French players wander around with next to no strategy, but also no fear. Take a situation something like my team will get 2 kills on one bombsite and are clearly pushing it. Any logical player would rotate back to that bombsite while the remainder of their team waits for the back up to all push as a team... not French players. Instead they will go insanely aggressive and push out into the opposing team going for as many kills before he dies as possible... but they don't even flash or smoke or pre-nade iranything, they just run in. It's such a daft suicidal move that alot of the time you aren't expecting it, so you get caught off guard.

Its not just CS, it's in every game I play with them. It's like something engrained in their gaming culture, they are always just incredibly "keen". Britons on the other hand tend to be very tactical, always preferring to take their time, and out think their opponents. Tactics however are useless when your enemy is just so damned illogical that you can't anticipate them
__________________


I'll think of something to put here later....
  #11  
Old 04-26-2012, 10:20 AM
Althamus's Avatar
Althamus Althamus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,239
Default

I actually find playing suicidal about as easy as playing Normal. Mostly because when playing with randoms, they actually know what to DO at that stage.

So often in Normal, I'm trying to kill a FP or a sc or something, and a commando or medic opens up on full auto and ends up with me getting killed. Admittedly, there're still bad players on suicidal or HoE, but they tend to be a lot rarer.

But yea, I know dat feel. I was playing Suburbia with a new friend on Normal some time back, and teaching him how to kite, and one of the other players literally hadn't heard of it as a tactic "Lol noob, you're just running away from mobs all the time!"
  #12  
Old 04-26-2012, 10:23 AM
BenioX BenioX is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Poland
Posts: 2,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undedd Jester View Post
This is gonna sound very bad off the bat, but honestly bear with me.

Generally I don't like playing with French people, not just in KF, but in any game I've ever played, however its not because I dislike the French or anything. Quite simply French gamers are... odd... for lack of a better word.

I can't really explain it very well in KF terms, so I'll try and explain it in other games. Essentially French gamers are typically very anti logical, but have alot of skill. It is very, very hard to predict what they are gonna do, both playing with them and playing against them.

Take Counter Strike as an example. French players wander around with next to no strategy, but also no fear. Take a situation something like my team will get 2 kills on one bombsite and are clearly pushing it. Any logical player would rotate back to that bombsite while the remainder of their team waits for the back up to all push as a team... not French players. Instead they will go insanely aggressive and push out into the opposing team going for as many kills before he dies as possible... but they don't even flash or smoke or pre-nade iranything, they just run in. It's such a daft suicidal move that alot of the time you aren't expecting it, so you get caught off guard.

Its not just CS, it's in every game I play with them. It's like something engrained in their gaming culture, they are always just incredibly "keen". Britons on the other hand tend to be very tactical, always preferring to take their time, and out think their opponents. Tactics however are useless when your enemy is just so damned illogical that you can't anticipate them
Hmm, to be honest I could agree with you, but I played with French people just 2 times (at least 2 times remember) - today and like year ago, when I played L4D2 with my girlfriend. That French dude was... wow...
I mostly was the one in L4D2 who played alone against my gf and her friends and I still won (always said though it's cuz my gf doesnt try her best or her friends suck, I'd rather it b me who is skilled but not gonna cheat myself) and well, once a French guy joined while my gf's friend left, so I joined the team of my gf so we all 4 were against that French dude. I thought, since I was winning against the team, the French dude will keep my score, which'd make it fair as we all 4 gonna wipe him. But surprisingly - we made up tactics, we tried to predict that guy - but he was so illogical, he was playing "worse than the worst noob", yet we couldn't defeat him. Everytime we predicted his move and planned our synchronised attacks, downed all bots from his team, he always somehow survived and saved the bots and carried on. That was unbelievable. Same was when he was playing as infected - he wiped us like hell. In end, he won, so we re-matched sure that this time we gonna win. No luck. And what's most awkward out all of it? That the French guy, whatever happened, whatever we said, he just replied it with "!". EVERY time! Illogical, plain "retarded" as he seemed, so "pro" even though seemed like a noob. Totally opposite to those players I played with today on KF though. Those I played with were predictable, they said more than "!" and they called me a noob even though they were dying all the time, unlike that French guy I played with on L4D2, so yeah, here is the point now that not all French people are exactly same, but they got one common thing to me - both kinds of French people I played with made me go WTF. Attention Wh*res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Althamus View Post
I actually find playing suicidal about as easy as playing Normal. Mostly because when playing with randoms, they actually know what to DO at that stage.
But here is one major problem - on Normal, if I get lag, I get swarmed BUT I can get out of the situation alive most likely. At Suicidal/HoE if I lag even with just 1 clot being around, I mostly end up dead or with max 10 hp left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Althamus View Post
But yea, I know dat feel. I was playing Suburbia with a new friend on Normal some time back, and teaching him how to kite, and one of the other players literally hadn't heard of it as a tactic "Lol noob, you're just running away from mobs all the time!"
Lol that is so often when people call me noob just cause I use tactics they never saw, for example if I use claymore to stun scrakes instead of katana (at Hard and lower). Also, once at Hard, Mountainpass, I was medic with xbow and deagles, at Patriarch wave, all players wiped cept me and 1 guy with 1 rocket (because they all stood together at one spot), and then Patriarch finnished that guy with gatling, and I was headshoting Pat, then I saw people voting to kick me and say "noob, bad medic who doesn't heal and uses crossbow" or "I told you noob to take demo!". After I downed Pat 2 times (team downed him once before only) I got kicked.

Last edited by BenioX; 04-26-2012 at 10:30 AM.
  #13  
Old 04-26-2012, 10:42 AM
vealck's Avatar
vealck vealck is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,596
Default

Well, I don't want to sound prejudiced... but usually when I join suicidal/hoe server with French or Italian players... it usually ends with me knifing fleshpounds during hour-long solo kite run as a medic. And it's easier than trying to keep them alive.
__________________
  #14  
Old 04-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Poulpe Poulpe is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7
Default

I don't see the point of putting the players' origin in the story.

I have played with unorganized people, bad players, griefers, etc., but generally, if someone acts like this the first thing I do is find another server with more civilized people.

Here, you're just bragging about how you decided to act like a jerk with players who were mostly beginning to play (and maybe knew eachother and just wanted to play, to wanted to win), I can't seem to find the fun in that.

As for the French thingy, I saw a similar post on another game's board (Red Dead Redemption), stating that French people were clearly inferior in this game because they're French. Same story, different place.
  #15  
Old 04-26-2012, 10:54 AM
BenioX BenioX is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Poland
Posts: 2,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vealck View Post
Well, I don't want to sound prejudiced... but usually when I join suicidal/hoe server with French or Italian players... it usually ends with me knifing fleshpounds during hour-long solo kite run as a medic. And it's easier than trying to keep them alive.
Sounds alot like me when playing as Firebug at RE1 Mansion today. Cept it was lower difficulty and I got named noob like 10000 times
  #16  
Old 04-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Althamus's Avatar
Althamus Althamus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenioX View Post
But here is one major problem - on Normal, if I get lag, I get swarmed BUT I can get out of the situation alive most likely. At Suicidal/HoE if I lag even with just 1 clot being around, I mostly end up dead or with max 10 hp left.
Oh yea, I was talking about myself and my experiences (without an unfortunote computer/net connection). But yea, occassionally I lag as well, and unless you're camping and being covered by someone, a lag of more than a second or so pretty much means you're dead on suicidal/HoE (and your team is about to die if you're unlucky or in a vital role).
  #17  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:01 PM
C_Gibby's Avatar
C_Gibby C_Gibby is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Awaiting a renewed KF
Posts: 6,444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undedd Jester View Post
This is gonna sound very bad off the bat, but honestly bear with me.

Generally I don't like playing with French people, not just in KF, but in any game I've ever played, however its not because I dislike the French or anything. Quite simply French gamers are... odd... for lack of a better word.

I can't really explain it very well in KF terms, so I'll try and explain it in other games. Essentially French gamers are typically very anti logical, but have alot of skill. It is very, very hard to predict what they are gonna do, both playing with them and playing against them.

Take Counter Strike as an example. French players wander around with next to no strategy, but also no fear. Take a situation something like my team will get 2 kills on one bombsite and are clearly pushing it. Any logical player would rotate back to that bombsite while the remainder of their team waits for the back up to all push as a team... not French players. Instead they will go insanely aggressive and push out into the opposing team going for as many kills before he dies as possible... but they don't even flash or smoke or pre-nade iranything, they just run in. It's such a daft suicidal move that alot of the time you aren't expecting it, so you get caught off guard.

Its not just CS, it's in every game I play with them. It's like something engrained in their gaming culture, they are always just incredibly "keen". Britons on the other hand tend to be very tactical, always preferring to take their time, and out think their opponents. Tactics however are useless when your enemy is just so damned illogical that you can't anticipate them
You just described my french friend vs me in absolute perfection.
__________________

  #18  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:29 PM
BenioX BenioX is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Poland
Posts: 2,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Althamus View Post
Oh yea, I was talking about myself and my experiences (without an unfortunote computer/net connection). But yea, occassionally I lag as well, and unless you're camping and being covered by someone, a lag of more than a second or so pretty much means you're dead on suicidal/HoE (and your team is about to die if you're unlucky or in a vital role).
A second is barely any close to how long my lags are. Sometimes they take 5 seconds, sometimes even 15-30 seconds. Most awkward is though when I have iPod connected cuz my cable is a bit broken so occasionally PC sees it as plugged in and out then back in really quick so PC gets additional lag for a while. Not to mention that mostly when I lag I auto-walk in direction which I went before lag, and if I used auto-weapon it spammed it if I clicked it before lag. Add to it fact that if I throw nades while lag most likely next message I see after lag ends is "You blew up"
  #19  
Old 04-26-2012, 03:06 PM
Rattler's Avatar
Rattler Rattler is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Althamus View Post
there're still bad players on suicidal or HoE, but they tend to be a lot rarer.
Yeah, but they are even more terrible than the Normal diff noobs. One time I joined after wave 8 sui ice breaker, and I went medic. I was lvl 5 so I haven't any gun instead of the handcannon which spawn every wave near "the spot". One of the guys was decent player but the rest were awful. I found me and the other guy dealing with the scrs and the fps, but my armor went out really fast because of all this tanking. So I stepped back and just started to heal the others. But I was called noob and they asked me why I am not killing the scrs and the fps, because you see this is what my job is (oO). Then near the middle of the wave these bastards died and so do I because my HC ran out of ammo and I found myself between scr and fp without armor. Then in the chat they blamed me for their deaths because I didn't managed to keep all of them alive and in the same time I didn't killed scrs and fps..... I find myself very often among players who dont know how to play their class. In the time I have build my dream team of some kind. In every game I meet some good player I become a friend with him and add him in steam friends so we can play together. So I join in my friends' games where they are with their friends and we are only good players with pretty decent win ratio (I mean wins in row on sui/hoe). But they stopped playing KF for some reason, the rest of us who are still playing are doing it very rarely because of the douchebags and noobs in the high diff servers. The player base is not what it used to be anymore. Most of the good players are playing only with friends/clans and the servers are populated with trash and kids. I hope that the new KF stuff coming this year will bring the good players back
  #20  
Old 04-26-2012, 04:54 PM
BenioX BenioX is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Poland
Posts: 2,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
The player base is not what it used to be anymore. Most of the good players are playing only with friends/clans and the servers are populated with trash and kids. I hope that the new KF stuff coming this year will bring the good players back
I agree on that except from KF stuff coming this year bringing good players back. If anything - it'll bring more newcomers, lvl 0s to HoE servers and such like it was during Christmas time. Fear the day of lvl 0s, that'd be when all good players most likely will stop playing for a bit to wait for when there are less "newbs".
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2014, Tripwire Interactive, LLC