• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New physics and no dead body disappear is fattible?

Eremin

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
Red orchestra heroes of stalingrad use the unreal engine 3 that support the nvidia physics that i love for water and clothes effects, or for destruction. They will use it? i have metro 2033 and i love the physic .Another things is : we can have a option that allow\disallow the dead body disappearing? I hate a battlefield no dead bodies and I would rather see many, do not say that they should not disappear but at least 30, 8 gb ram and i have tested the 200 bodies with source engine. Also there is a collision between ragdolls? And it is this option or fattibbile the engine can not do it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Felix Ostheim
Ok first of all ROOST is not on UE3,I believe is on older version UE2.5 or something like that.
Imagine Omaha beach from DH server where alies are ketting killed every 5 seconds....do you know how many bodies will be there on the ground? and if server does not auto remove them that will have some impact on gamers that have weaker PC's.

Yes, RO:Ost uses UE 2.5

Upvote 0
Another problem with having client-side body removal decision is, different players will see different bodies around. You may think you're hiding behind a body, but an enemy player won't see that body, and get a nice clear shot of you.

with client side ragdolls they might still appear in an entire different place so not advisable to hide underneath. also he obviously isn't good with english and meant to say red orchestra heroes of stalingrad. i want longer lasting bodies and weapons it adds immersion

Reactions: Unterscharfuhrer
Upvote 0
Ok first of all ROOST is not on UE3,I believe is on older version UE2.5 or something like that.
Imagine Omaha beach from DH server where alies are ketting killed every 5 seconds....do you know how many bodies will be there on the ground? and if server does not auto remove them that will have some impact on gamers that have weaker PC's.

look what forum you're on he meant rohos and he's talking about a setting where you pick how long bodies last which i agree with because jsut because some people have ****ty computers doesn't mean we all have to suffer

Upvote 0
look what forum you're on he meant rohos and he's talking about a setting where you pick how long bodies last which i agree with because jsut because some people have ****ty computers doesn't mean we all have to suffer

fine this game most likely will be hardware hungry in a way of graphics and map sizes,I know I'm not worried about it because AMD x6 1090T and 2 6870's are on its way to replace the quad and the 5770 single that i have.But not all have the privilege to buy PC's or build every 2-3 years,minimum specs for this game will be dual CPU, and if someone has PC with dual core and for example Nvidia 260,when ever they are bodies laying around his gaming experience will suffer.

Upvote 0
Another problem with having client-side body removal decision is, different players will see different bodies around. You may think you're hiding behind a body, but an enemy player won't see that body, and get a nice clear shot of you.

Good solution to this, don't hide behind dead bodies, one dead body would not provide significant cover anyways.

Upvote 0
Though the OP is a bit difficult to traverse, I agree with it. It wouldn't be out of the question to do.

Surprisingly, the player models themselves are not going to have a very big impact on performance. Since all the model are already on screen, there's not going to be any significant drawcalls, you could probably plaster the screen with bodies and it'd have hardly any impact on performance.

It'd be nice if bodies stayed for at least 1 minute before vanishing. If the bodies have been stationary for 5-10 seconds, the ragdoll could just "sleep" so no physics calculations need to be made unless a large explosion happens next to it. It'd all be client side, but who cares. There's no reason to take out a visual feature just because it relies on client-side positioning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You completely misread my post, I said they should stay for one minute. RnL A2 had unlimited bodies, so by the end of the round you'd have at least 300 corpses lying around, it simply caused your computer to have a horrendous lag-spike, and dump all the ragdoll information. I'm talking more like 30-50 corpses scattered throughout the map at any one time.

Upvote 0
You completely misread my post, I said they should stay for one minute. RnL A2 had unlimited bodies, so by the end of the round you'd have at least 300 corpses lying around, it simply caused your computer to have a horrendous lag-spike, and dump all the ragdoll information. I'm talking more like 30-50 corpses scattered throughout the map at any one time.

I read your post fine, I just couldn't remember exactly their reasoning for doing that.

I guess I never had problems with ragdolls because I was mid-late A2, where most the games were about 5 people on each team. I think the only time I played on a full server was on a Sunday on your Omaha Beach map...

Also, what are you doing lately? Last we talked, you were working on rnl_sicily and you said you were toying with the Unreal engine's map editor...

Upvote 0
fine this game most likely will be hardware hungry in a way of graphics and map sizes,I know I'm not worried about it because AMD x6 1090T and 2 6870's are on its way to replace the quad and the 5770 single that i have.But not all have the privilege to buy PC's or build every 2-3 years,minimum specs for this game will be dual CPU, and if someone has PC with dual core and for example Nvidia 260,when ever they are bodies laying around his gaming experience will suffer.

i'm talking about a setting for bodies staying longer so you can still set it for like 30 seconds or w/e but you can also set it for 100 or something

Upvote 0
Maybe you ll get your wish partly fulfilled in the new countdown gamemode. Since you only have "one" life per objective.(I think though it was mentioned SL has the option at a specific objective to revive the team once without having to have taken the objective)
Anyways since there is only a specific number of people to die at a given point in time, I do not see how the number of bodies on the floor should inhibit a smooth running of the engine on reasonable machines.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The major problem is that bodies are client side. Yes, they could technically remain longer on client PC's, but it quickly becomes a gameplay issue. You may get shot by a person who can clearly see you, but your view of them was obscured by a corpse lying in front of you, or draped over the piece of a cover your enemy is behind. When that starts to happen, people start to get annoyed.

Upvote 0
The major problem is that bodies are client side. Yes, they could technically remain longer on client PC's, but it quickly becomes a gameplay issue. You may get shot by a person who can clearly see you, but your view of them was obscured by a corpse lying in front of you, or draped over the piece of a cover your enemy is behind. When that starts to happen, people start to get annoyed.

bodies are client side not server side even if you hide behind a body the chances are it appeared somewhere else for the other person anyways so why not keep the bodies there for the sake of immersion.

Upvote 0
To be precise I mean that one option within a certain radius of vision disapparizione off momentarily. In addition to increasing the 'immersion of the game makes powerful PCs with fast CPUs and lots of RAM (I have 8 gb). Also wondering if you use the nvidia physics for the destruction, the clothes (and their tearing) and 'water meters in 2033 as requiring apputno 8 GB ram.Quindi seeing these things in a game I already wonder if you can have hos in red, at least in a single campaign in multiplayer cause delays if the ping.

Upvote 0
bodies are client side not server side even if you hide behind a body the chances are it appeared somewhere else for the other person anyways so why not keep the bodies there for the sake of immersion.

He answered your question in his post.

PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN said:

It works both ways. Somebody shoots you that you clearly can't see because your computer has a body blocking him. His doesn't. That body is somewhere else for him. And vice versa, you shoot somebody you can see because you have a clear view of him. The guy you just shot screams "BS." because he had a body blocking his vision of you. It wasn't on your computer, not your problem. Either way, its annoying, frustrating and subject to a boatload of accusations flying around.

Upvote 0