• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ambience

Jamer

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2006
Canada
Over the last week I've been looking at some of the video's and pic's that have been posted. I must say it's looking good but I got caught up in how pretty it's looking. Something was missing.
That cold, dark. gritty feeling of the battlefield. Some of the clips just look so bright on the battlefield yet pic's of inside the tanks have that cold dark feeling.
I never thought about it till now but( maybe) was the weather historically sunny when these battles happened?

Ostfront sucked me in right away with that feeling of immersion.

I'm just curious what others thoughts are in comparison to Ostfront.

Just because the sun shines doesn't mean that everything should be shining like its new, the gritty look and feel adds to the immersion and i am a bit worried about HOS not going with that same feeling as OST in terms of ambiance etc.

Since i've been in the army myself I'd say.. so what if the sun shines? While doing battle training crawling in mud, dirt and/or doing intense urban combat while being tired like hell with constant smoke and gunpowder everywhere etc, OST captures the feeling a lot more from what i've seen so far.

I trust in TW tho , and i am sure HOS will be an excellent PC title no matter what :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Unterscharfuhrer
Upvote 0
I know TWI has done some amazing work the unreal engine and lighting I'm just saying that Ostfront maps were never that illuminated on my monitor.

I thought maybe with all the detail with realism that on the days those battles took place it was particularly sunny or bright out.

I been trying to fit in here and participate for years. If that's a dumb question then so be it but if I'm not welcome here then just say so. There's no need to make me feel like a tool because I asked what seems like a silly question to you.

Upvote 0