Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS Modifications > Sound

Old 02-15-2012, 02:43 PM

Default edit sound volumes....

How can we change the volumes of sounds in game? for example make the grenade blasts higher....

Old 03-20-2012, 06:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo90 View Post
How can we change the volumes of sounds in game? for example make the grenade blasts higher....
Try ticking the ''loudness equalization'' in your sound options.
It makes everything louder (including far away sounds, which is the downfall).
Old 03-20-2012, 08:34 PM

need big patch for adjusted volume in this game, is not good for immersion.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:21 AM

Only way to do it properly is to extract the sounds from RO2 and improve them in some sound program then repack them in a new package.
I don't really think there are any other way besides maybe a mutator who changes the sound volume in some way.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:01 PM

I find it rather odd that tripwire is not noticed this problem and it is not resolved since, and personally I find the sounds of weapons and explosion is much better on Red Orchestra Ostfront, Ostfront on immersion is much better, like what tripwire did then good games and with limited financial resources.

I return on darkest hour mod.

Last edited by Salaheddine; 03-21-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:05 PM

I wouldn't agree that the sounds in RO2 are less realistic, TWI went to great effort with recording every weapon used in the game, except the PTRS, which malfunctioned during recording, and so they used a similar large caliber weapon.

I DO agree that the volumes of RO2 are not realistic, explosions are not very loud, (and therefor less scary) and seem to become very quiet with distance or occlusion (such as a wall in between you and the blast).

I also think that maybe gunfire too could be louder, relative to sounds like footsteps, voices and stabbing noises.

Although I should say, turning up the volume on RO2 is still a real treat. It's just that I reckon it'd be ear-gasmic with changes to the things I listed.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo90 View Post
Also, depending on how TWI have done their sounds, you might be able to simply change the volume setting of the SoundCue they've used, or some other (probably more advanced) changes in the SoundCue editor.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:48 PM

I set myself the task of doing a little mod for sound increases today. Got some mixed results; some of the sounds I changed are definatly louder, but on some others I can't tell if there's any difference or even if I was changing the correct SoundCue (might just be my ears ). I even fiddled a little with the reverbs, so when you're near buildings or in a concreted courtyard, you'll get a more echo-ey / reverb filled sound, not sure how correct it is but I kinda like it.

Only issue so far is that after I play single-player, I can't join a multiplayer game as it recognises that the files are different...still, doesn't stop me joining a multiplayer game straight off.